Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:07 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
Send PM
Re: Profile Evalution required please! : 690(Q48,V37) [#permalink]
Hi kimberly,

Thank You so much for an an insightful evaluation.
The +ve fpr me is though that you did not outright reject my profile for the top schools.. believe me, I was not even sure whether I should be even applying to the top ones...
and Yes, i completely agree with every word you said.. We must compare apples with apples and schools look for diversity in geography, line of work etc etc n by GOD, i am competing with the most difficult pool :roll: , wish i was in the Oil industry or better still , a government administrator.
I am still thinking of retaking the GMAT , but I kind of am reaching my burnout with the gmat :x
Just one more question, What do you think of Rotman and Ivey (canada)?
I did not mention another fact though, I am planning to go on an LOA from my company and join back in a business strategy and planning role. Considering this , does it change anything...
Cheers
ManhattanReview wrote:
First of all I want to emphasize that you are in a very competitive demographic group and that there are many more qualified candidates than their are allocated spaces so you have no room for error, especially for the top programs. Also, there are some schools that are more receptive to others in accepting non-IIT candidates so I would really focus on these schools as they really do see the candidate beyond where they went to school. Lastly, I would consider re-taking my GMAT exam as a 690 is a bit on the low side for Indian applicants -- I would much rather have you submit your application with at least a 720.

As it is impossible to tell you where you will be admitted to, I would look at those schools that are more open-minded about their admissions process. Here is a quick assessment of how your background fits in with trends we have noticed.

1st Preference:
MIT Sloan (very competitive and a lot of Indian candidates. I might take a pass on this given your background or realize it is a long-shot. If you want a school that is more open to your candidacy and of this level, I would consider Wharton)
Chicago-Booth (they are very receptive to all types of Indian candidates but need a higher GMAT score to be competitive)
UC Berkeley (very low acceptance rate and very IIT focused)
Kellogg (very open to all Indian candidates especially those with international work experience)
Dartmouth-tuck (very small class and the school really focuses on your undergraduate institution)
Cornell-Johnson (very good choice and very open to Indian candidates from all backgrounds)
Cambridge-Judge (very IIT focused)
Oxford - Said (very IIT focused)
INSEAD (good choice and diverse class)

We provide free candidacy assessments so I recommend you contact our office and set one up to discuss your candidacy in more detail.

Good luck.

Kimberly Plaga
Senior Admissions Consultant
Manhattan Review

Call for a free candidacy assessment.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evalution required please! : 690(Q48,V37) [#permalink]