It is currently 18 Feb 2018, 20:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Review

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Review  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2018, 01:28
Hello,

Can you please evaluate my profile? Here’s a brief description about me-

Indian, Male, 30
GMAT- 720
Undergrad in Mechanical Engineering- 2.75/4
Masters in Supply Chain from Ross- 3.7/4

Founded a manufacturing start-up where I worked for 5 years. Grew the company revenue by more than 600% in five years before I decided to sell it. Reason being wanted to switch in a Operations role in Hi-Tech

Working in Amazon as Operations Manager for the past 2 years. Leading a team of 200 people

Co-curricular- Was the Vice President of a non-profit for 3.5 years, raised more than $60K for the same. Peer Coach at Ross, leadership positions in some clubs but nothing major.

I applied in B-Schools before my masters but got dinged by most. I’m only targeting the following schools-

1. HBS
2. Stanford
3. MIT
4. Haas
5. Kellogg (not sure)

I don’t think I can improve my GMAT any further. My goal is to transition into Product Management after MBA.

Thank You very much!!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2018, 06:42
ashuagg wrote:
Hello,

Can you please evaluate my profile? Here’s a brief description about me-
Hi @ashuagg, happy to give some insights on your profile
Indian, Male, 30
GMAT- 720
Undergrad in Mechanical Engineering- 2.75/4This GPA/GMAT combo from India is challenging-- not impossible-- but know you are up for a challenge
Masters in Supply Chain from Ross- 3.7/4

Founded a manufacturing start-up where I worked for 5 years. Grew the company revenue by more than 600% in five years before I decided to sell it. Reason being wanted to switch in a Operations role in Hi-Tech This is definitely interesting-- focus on your impact-- what you contributed to get those results- what you learned

Working in Amazon as Operations Manager for the past 2 years. Leading a team of 200 people An MBA program is going to wonder why you need an MBA after the masters in supply chain at Ross...

Co-curricular- Was the Vice President of a non-profit for 3.5 years, raised more than $60K for the same. Peer Coach at Ross, leadership positions in some clubs but nothing major.

I applied in B-Schools before my masters but got dinged by most. I’m only targeting the following schools-

1. HBS
2. Stanford
3. MIT
4. Haas
5. Kellogg (not sure)

I don’t think I can improve my GMAT any further. My goal is to transition into Product Management after MBA. My question is why do you thiink you can't transition to product mgmt now -- after already leading teams of 200 at Amazon and with supply chain specialization. I think your GMAT/GPA combo,
the prior masters, and that your schools of interest are all very competitive makes this a challenge. Again-- make sure you articulate what you need in the MBA--
more leadership? give specific examples of what you want to learn and why. If you do decide to apply to these schools you will need killer, odds-defying applications-- so consider getting some coaching on this process. If you want a free consult with us to learn more- go to this link: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/

Thank You very much!!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Intern
Intern
Re: Profile Review [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2018, 23:51
Thank You for your response. I was actually ranked 6th in my undergrad but I know just looking at 2.75/4 sounds bad. However, grading in India is much different than in US. The reason I need an MBA is because in my Masters in Supply Chain, I only learned about Operations & Supply Chain with no focus on other business areas. I want to learn more in Marketing & Strategy, areas which I believe function closely with Operations. My goal is to gain skills and knowledge in these concentrations and then shift my career as product manager or maybe operations consulting. I have a lot of friends who did MBA from Ross and are product managers now and I see how they can articulate their knowledge from other functional areas in this field. I feel with just a Masters in Supply Chain, my knowledge as well as my career scope is very narrow and limited and thus, it makes sense for me to do an MBA now.

I've tried giving GMAT a couple of times but couldn't score higher. I might try once more but I don't have much hope. I know the schools I've chosen are ultra competitive but for me personally, it doesn't make sense to go to any other school (especially out of top 10). This is as much about professional reasons as personal (dreamt of studying in these 5 schools for 10 years now & I do believe I am good enough for them). Do you think its realistic for me to target these schools for R1 2018?
Re: Profile Review   [#permalink] 28 Jan 2018, 23:51

Profile Review

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap