GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 10 Dec 2018, 20:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Review - 31/M/US

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Statistics
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.8
Profile Review - 31/M/US  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2018, 08:00
Background and nationality 31/M/White (US - NY, NY)

Undergrad Information: US Top 30 US News & World Report - Econ/Drama (3.8 GPA - Phi Beta Kappa)

GMAT: 700 44Q/41V/7IR (currently studying for a retake - goal of 720+ with 48+ Q)

Work experience and leadership: Currently working in the finance department for America's oldest professional theatre company. We also own a plurality of the Broadway theaters. Specifically, I work in the division that handles group and business-to-business discount ticket sales.

My current title is junior accountant. Primary responsibilities include:
-Own the entire aging process for ~50 b2b AR clients, totaling ~$1.1 million in monthly sales
-Manage and resolve any discrepancies related to commission income (~$150K/week) for all Broadway/off-Broadway ticket sales
-Reconcile internal reports against 3rd party ticketing system and advise accounting department regarding coding for ~$650K in weekly sales
-Coordinated with the operations manager to redesign the entire reconciliation process, reducing the time taken to get reports to accounting by two full business days.

Additionally, my recommenders will be able to speak to the stability I brought to my current position, including establishing new reconciliation schedules and checks and balances procedures. The department was being restructured during my hiring, and I had 4 supervisors over the span of ~2 years.

Community and others:
Various service projects with NYC alumni group
Independently learning python for data science (put on hold due to GMAT retake)
Improv student
Beginner rock climber & active member of local recreational sports league
Won an acting award for my performance in a friend's submission to a playwriting festival
Academic interests in behavioral psychology/behavioral economics

Post MBA goals:
Insights/Analytics, ideally in the media/entertainment or tech industries. I want to blend my interests in behavior and decision sciences with my skills in storytelling to help guide businesses to better meet consumers needs.

Target Schools:
UCLA, USC, Tepper, NYU, Cambridge, Cornell, Foster, LBS

Anything else?
Working with travel & tourism clients and living in such an international city, coupled with the flattening affect of the digital economy, has fueled my interest in potentially pursuing an MBA outside of the US. (On a personal note - I grew up in a small town down south and no one in my immediate family has ever traveled outside the country).

Posted from my mobile device
Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
S
Profile Review - 31/M/US  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2018, 09:02
Hi ajowen21,

Thank you for your post. There's a lot of great detail here, so it will likely be easiest to hash through all of it on a call. That allows for more nuance, more detail, and more questions anyway! Feel free to sign up for a Free Consultation at your earliest convenience via this link: https://www.avantiprep.com/free-consultation.html. Hope we have the opportunity to chat!

Best Regards,
Greg

Greg Guglielmo
Founder | Avanti Prep
MBA Admissions Consulting

GMAT Club Bot
Profile Review - 31/M/US &nbs [#permalink] 27 Oct 2018, 09:02

Profile Review - 31/M/US

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: AvantiPrep

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap