GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2019, 21:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

PROFILE REVIEW FOR A TOP 25 MBA- CHANCE OF GETTING IN

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
PROFILE REVIEW FOR A TOP 25 MBA- CHANCE OF GETTING IN  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2019, 05:23
Hi all,

I am an Italian guy with the following characteristics:
- 29 years old guy
- 3 years experience in an investment management firm based in Italy, in the Institutional sales department, the firm is small but really well connected in Italy with institutions and institutional investors,
- 4 moths master internship in a well-known internationally platform of investment funds,
- 6 moth internship in a big four Firm, audit department, after my bachelor’s degree and before my master’s degree,
- 6 months in my family business after my bachelor’s degree and before my master’s degree,
- cleared all 3 level of CFA,
- bachelor’s degree in finance with high marks from a well-known public university in Italy,
- one-year master’s degree in quantitative finance with medium GPA from Bocconi university,
- 710 GMAT,
- I am an active member of a charity international organization.

I want to pursue an MBA to give me a more international exposure and to have the possibility in the future to have a more managerial role in the buy side.
Post MBA target jobs are:
- account manager in a buy side company,
- wealth management associate program in IB.

Target MBA:
Europe: LBS, INSEAD, IESE, JUDGE and SAID
USA: NYU, ROSS, JOHNSON, YALE, UCLA, MIT, COLUMBIA and HAAS

What do you think are my chance of getting in? Any detailed response is appreciated.
What are my weak points and strong ones?
VP
VP
G
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Re: PROFILE REVIEW FOR A TOP 25 MBA- CHANCE OF GETTING IN  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2019, 05:53
Hi mbatarget23,

Like to say you have the well-rounded profile. Most of the B school listed by you have their average GMAT around 700+, with 710 GMAT score you're eligible to apply for all the B schools listed. Work exposure looks decent, but your intern's experience can make a difference to balance the lower side of your full-time job. You can specify more artifacts relating to your family business and your contribution towards improvising it with new innovative ideas while crafting your essays. Your degrees looks pretty good, giving genuine reasoning for medium GPA in Bocconi can improve your profile chances to get a step closer getting an admit.

Completion of 3 levels of CFA is admirable, being an active member of clarity can be showcased to adcom to prove your social responsibilities. Need to elaborate your extra curriculum in your essay because extra curriculums help adcom to know the applicant well than CV.

Targetted regions and schools are outstanding if you're very clear with post-MBA goals, look out to the schools which can provide you the best program in order to fulfill your dreams post MBA. Also, be selective whether to do a 1 or 2 year MBA.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers!

m:+91 9164157770
w: https://www.genedmba.com/
e: info@genedmba.com
Director
Director
G
Re: PROFILE REVIEW FOR A TOP 25 MBA- CHANCE OF GETTING IN  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2019, 06:34
A few more thoughts on your profile mbatarget23:
  1. Your overall academic arc looks to be in about the right ballpark, maybe a tad on the lower side. Bocconi brand will help but the GPA doesn't - that's where CFA will be a big plus. GMAT would be hygiene. All things considered, it may not be a bad idea to try and push that score higher if you think feasible.
  2. While investment management roles are always great since they are not overly represented, but a lot of your competition is also likely to come from big asset managers. While the scale might be small, it will be important to understand the impact 'you' have had and career acceleration, if any.
  3. From what you've mentioned, is it fair to assume there was a one year duration between bachelor's and master's; and that's when the internships happened? If yes, those are good ones and will ensure you don't get any handicap from a break.
  4. While the volunteer thing might be good, active doesn't really convey much. School adcoms will be looking for the impact quotient - so think on how you'd bring that out.
  5. For several European programs including the ones in your list, international experience matters. Not sure if you've had any and something to bear in mind.

Hope this helps some.

Cheers,

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com
GMAT Club Bot
Re: PROFILE REVIEW FOR A TOP 25 MBA- CHANCE OF GETTING IN   [#permalink] 10 Apr 2019, 06:34

PROFILE REVIEW FOR A TOP 25 MBA- CHANCE OF GETTING IN

new topic post reply Update application status