GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 23 Jan 2020, 13:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Review - New Zealander, lived/worked in 3 countries, 31M

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Review - New Zealander, lived/worked in 3 countries, 31M  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2019, 19:34
Hi team,

I'd be grateful for any ideas you may have in relation to my profile and what schools you think I might be a fit for.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

GMAT 720 (Q46, V44)
GPA B+ equivalent (~3.25) double degree engineering/finance major. Non-target (top NZ) university
CFA charterholder

Nationality: New Zealand (Chinese ethnicity)
Applying at 31 years old, male

Worked in 3 countries - NZ, Canada, United States
Worked in 3 industries with 8 years exp - Civil Engineering, Commercial Banking, currently working in investment management in New York

Post MBA goal is to transition into real estate investment management

Extracurriculars are not so strong. President of sports club in university, spent a couple of years mentoring high school students through class visits. More recently, have just been involved in networking groups as a regular member (eg. CFA society and school alumni, etc).

Considering: Columbia, NYU, Berkeley, INSEAD

Thank you!
HEC & IMD School Moderator
P
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
Schools: HEC'22 (J), IMD '22
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Profile Review - New Zealander, lived/worked in 3 countries, 31M  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2019, 11:31
Hi DSAM12,
I am not an expert but could not resist myself to reply you. I saw that you are posting on forums and nobody replied which was bit surprising.

I saw from your schools choices that you are inclined towards US schools which is good if you are planning to settle there. Your age is nearly high for the US schools and little above average for European schools. Due to this age factor, you have more chances for European schools. Though US schools are also possible. Your work in different countries and various functions will give you a diversity advantage which is again more helpful in European schools than US schools. Your GMAT score is good for Europe and US schools. Nobody is expecting you to be strong in extra curricular also. The schools are looking for an overall fit and I believe you have a good profile for both European and US schools.

It's good that your MBA goals are clear and I cannot suggest US schools which are good in this sector. I can suggest 'LBS', 'INSEAD' from Europe which you must target. I suggest you to research on the schools more and make a list which are in line with your goals. Also, it is important to see their placement statistics and where their Alumni goes.

If you have further questions or need/give some advise, please feel free to reply or PM me. I wish you all the best for your search.
dsam12 wrote:
Hi team,

I'd be grateful for any ideas you may have in relation to my profile and what schools you think I might be a fit for.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

GMAT 720 (Q46, V44)
GPA B+ equivalent (~3.25) double degree engineering/finance major. Non-target (top NZ) university
CFA charterholder

Nationality: New Zealand (Chinese ethnicity)
Applying at 31 years old, male

Worked in 3 countries - NZ, Canada, United States
Worked in 3 industries with 8 years exp - Civil Engineering, Commercial Banking, currently working in investment management in New York

Post MBA goal is to transition into real estate investment management

Extracurriculars are not so strong. President of sports club in university, spent a couple of years mentoring high school students through class visits. More recently, have just been involved in networking groups as a regular member (eg. CFA society and school alumni, etc).

Considering: Columbia, NYU, Berkeley, INSEAD

Thank you!

Experts - Bunuel | Chetan2u | GMATNinja | nightblade354 | SajjadAhmad | gmatbusters
Useful forums All you need for Quant | Quant Megathread
Beginners - (SC | CR | RC) | Megathreads - (SC Megathread | CR Megathread | RC Megathread)

Profile Review - New Zealander, lived/worked in 3 countries, 31M

new topic post reply Update application status