It is currently 16 Dec 2017, 20:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile review & recommendations for target schools

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V46
GPA: 3.47
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Profile review & recommendations for target schools [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2017, 19:53
Hi all,

Took my first official GMAT last week and am planning on applying in Fall 2018 for Fall 2019 entry. I'm not entirely sure of which programs to target, but am interested in moving into high tech, specifically an LDP or brand management role.

White/hispanic male
Education:
Graduated from top 15 US university (think Duke/Vandy) with 3.47 BS in Applied Econ & OB, graduated with Honors, president of my frat
720 GMAT (44Q/46V...yeah)
WE:
4 years (at matriculation) at a F100 company as a business analyst/data scientist, promoted once. Did a lot of modeling work in SQL/Python/Tableau, and got to present to senior level (MVP+) audience.
Extracurricular:
Elected official of a not-profit trail preservation/offroading group (200+ dues paying members). Not sure how I should include this in my app.
Conducted mock interviews and mentorship of URM in my metro area, helping them write resumes and doing mock interviews a couple hours a week.
Semi-competitive local Crossfit competitor

Probably going to apply via Consortium for schools it applies to. Looking into MIT, Duke, Ross, UVA, UCLA, Cornell, McCombs, but am open to trimming my list down (should I aim higher? Lower?) or looking at other schools.

Best + thanks.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Re: Profile review & recommendations for target schools [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 14:55
Thanks for sharing your profile. I think the Consortium is your friend here so take advantage of the schools where you sense a fit there. I think your list is strong you may want to take a shot at Kellogg as well. Great program, values diversity, and is a fit for your career goals. I would start outreach to the program for next years application cycle in early 2018. The school values applicants who engage with them in an authentic way - school visit, classroom visits, Diversity Preview Weekend, BMA Conference. Do it all if you're interested!

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 54

Profile review & recommendations for target schools [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2017, 22:32
I think you have a pretty neat list here. All the programs that came to my mind with a focus on hi-tech are already included.
Applying to 5 b-schools is a safe bet and you could apply further in R2 if things don't work out too well. You should research these schools further as Dozie has suggested, and trim down the list based on where you find you have a better fit.
Hope that helps.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 54

Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: IvyLeagueEdge

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 42

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
Re: Profile review & recommendations for target schools [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2017, 22:51
elevenears wrote:
Hi all,

Took my first official GMAT last week and am planning on applying in Fall 2018 for Fall 2019 entry. I'm not entirely sure of which programs to target, but am interested in moving into high tech, specifically an LDP or brand management role.

White/hispanic male
Education:
Graduated from top 15 US university (think Duke/Vandy) with 3.47 BS in Applied Econ & OB, graduated with Honors, president of my frat
720 GMAT (44Q/46V...yeah)
WE:
4 years (at matriculation) at a F100 company as a business analyst/data scientist, promoted once. Did a lot of modeling work in SQL/Python/Tableau, and got to present to senior level (MVP+) audience.
Extracurricular:
Elected official of a not-profit trail preservation/offroading group (200+ dues paying members). Not sure how I should include this in my app.
Conducted mock interviews and mentorship of URM in my metro area, helping them write resumes and doing mock interviews a couple hours a week.
Semi-competitive local Crossfit competitor

Probably going to apply via Consortium for schools it applies to. Looking into MIT, Duke, Ross, UVA, UCLA, Cornell, McCombs, but am open to trimming my list down (should I aim higher? Lower?) or looking at other schools.

Best + thanks.

Dear elevenyears,
Happy to help you with your inquiry for assistance with MBA admissions, please email your resume (with your GMAT Score), year taken and breakdown of the Verbal and Quant scores and percentiles, for a free profile evaluation. Your diversity is a strength, but a 720 is on the weaker side for MIT. All the others are very doable (real examples from our students)

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate :-)
BK
Feel free to connect for a free detailed evaluation.
The Ivy League Edge
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/balkrishna/
Top20.GradSchools(at)gmail(dot)com +91-987-356-3953
Coaching success for admissions and scholarships to the World's best - MBA and MS

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 42

Re: Profile review & recommendations for target schools   [#permalink] 26 Nov 2017, 22:51

Profile review & recommendations for target schools

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap