GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Aug 2018, 11:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Review Request

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Profile Review Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2018, 09:36
Hello,

I am 32 (Indian, M) and plan to write GMAT/Executive Assessment next year. I have some family thing going (expecting my first child next month) so I want to take some time to build my profile.

My current profile (at a high level):

1) 11 years in IT Consulting in Pharma domain (Clinical Trials). Currently working as Associate Manager in MNC (Fortune 500). I manage $1-2 M contracts on annual basis.
2) Strong leadership focus, client engagement, contract/financial/resource management, business delivery etc.
3) Last 6 years worked in USA, before that in India
4) Excellent record in company, received promotions on time with highest peer rating. Won almost all available awards.
5) B.Tech in Computer Science from India (Final score - 75%, top 20% in batch)
6) Interest in adventure sports

Why do I want to do MBA?

I have been leading the Life Science unit in my account/company for over 8 years (overall 11 years including my previous employer). My client is one of the biggest drug manufacturer and I help their R&D team with data analytics and reporting capabilities in the field of Clinical Trials. This includes drug discovery, site/country selection, investigator selection and patient recruitment. I want to leverage my pharma/life science knowledge; using the skills I learn in MBA (managerial, handling relationships, organizational behavior etc.) I want to work with senior executives in pharma domain to help solve their critical healthcare issues.

Why MBA now?

From the very start of my career, I have been in pharma/healthcare domain and have very strong expertise in clinical trials/pharma. With this knowledge and with what I will learn with MBA, I believe this will be the right time to apply my expertise in solving the bigger problems impacting the pharma industry.

I want to add following to my profile besides studying for GMAT/Executive Assessment (trying for GMAT for more school coverage):

1) HBX Core
2) Harvard Graduate Certificate in Strategic Management
3) MBA Math (currently pursuing)
4) Certificate in Public Health
5) Learn French

If I am able to score good on GMAT/Executive Assessment, do you think the above profile is good enough for EMBA at schools such as Wharton, INSEAD and LBS?

Thanks
Sia Admissions Representative
S
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Re: Profile Review Request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2018, 19:07
Hi dacoffee,

Thank you for your post and for sharing your profile. Also, congratulations on having a baby. You have a strong profile with a very clear vision of your career aspirations. I think the coursework your list are great added value to your profile, but there should be a reason why you are focusing on obtaining those credentials. Don't just take coursework for coursework sake; be strategic. A review of your story would be beneficial, and, if you are considering applying next year, you have quite a few things to work on and consider.

If you are interested in continuing the conversation, please feel free to reach out to coordinate a free consultation (contact details in signature).

Good luck!

dacoffee wrote:
Hello,

I am 32 (Indian, M) and plan to write GMAT/Executive Assessment next year. I have some family thing going (expecting my first child next month) so I want to take some time to build my profile.

My current profile (at a high level):

1) 11 years in IT Consulting in Pharma domain (Clinical Trials). Currently working as Associate Manager in MNC (Fortune 500). I manage $1-2 M contracts on annual basis.
2) Strong leadership focus, client engagement, contract/financial/resource management, business delivery etc.
3) Last 6 years worked in USA, before that in India
4) Excellent record in company, received promotions on time with highest peer rating. Won almost all available awards.
5) B.Tech in Computer Science from India (Final score - 75%, top 20% in batch)
6) Interest in adventure sports

Why do I want to do MBA?

I have been leading the Life Science unit in my account/company for over 8 years (overall 11 years including my previous employer). My client is one of the biggest drug manufacturer and I help their R&D team with data analytics and reporting capabilities in the field of Clinical Trials. This includes drug discovery, site/country selection, investigator selection and patient recruitment. I want to leverage my pharma/life science knowledge; using the skills I learn in MBA (managerial, handling relationships, organizational behavior etc.) I want to work with senior executives in pharma domain to help solve their critical healthcare issues.

Why MBA now?

From the very start of my career, I have been in pharma/healthcare domain and have very strong expertise in clinical trials/pharma. With this knowledge and with what I will learn with MBA, I believe this will be the right time to apply my expertise in solving the bigger problems impacting the pharma industry.

I want to add following to my profile besides studying for GMAT/Executive Assessment (trying for GMAT for more school coverage):

1) HBX Core
2) Harvard Graduate Certificate in Strategic Management
3) MBA Math (currently pursuing)
4) Certificate in Public Health
5) Learn French

If I am able to score good on GMAT/Executive Assessment, do you think the above profile is good enough for EMBA at schools such as Wharton, INSEAD and LBS?

Thanks

Sia Admissions
info@siaadmissions.com
+1 (646) 690 - 9996

Contact us for a free consultation

Re: Profile Review Request &nbs [#permalink] 18 Jul 2018, 19:07

Profile Review Request

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: SiaAdmissions

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap