GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 11:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile (tech consultant to strategy consultant/prod mgmt)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Profile (tech consultant to strategy consultant/prod mgmt)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 14 Mar 2018, 02:57
Hey there, I am an Indian Male with an IT cum technology consulting background. Total WE 48 months.

Currently working with a Big 4 as a SAP consultant and a team lead. Got promoted twice in 3 yrs
Have worked for and implemented SAP suite for automobile manufacturing, Banking and service based clients from Europe and the US.
Travelled to the US twice for client go-lives. Been interacting with international clients for more than 3 yrs.

Planning to attend the class of 2021 (starting next yr 2019). Taking up GMAT arnd July this year, hoping for 710-720. Undergrad gpa arnd 3.2, non IIT

My post MBA goals include :

1. Strategy consulting at Deloitte, PwC Strategy &, AT Kearney etc. (MBB is distant)

2. Product strategy and mgmt at tech companies like SAP, Oracle, Workday, FAANG etc.

I know both these goals maybe look quite different but, I have gone thru them for a year now and thts what appeals to me. I wanna do one of them, in tht order.

Does tht look feasible as an international student in Trump's US, given the struggles

Am looking at following univs:

McCombs ----> Grp 1 (Dream)
Emory

Vanderbilt Owen
Fosters --------> Grp 2 (Stretch)
USC Marshall

Georgia Tech Scheller
Indiana Kelley
Mays
Mendoza --------> Grp 3(Reach Stretch)

UC Irvine Merage
Simon ------> Grp 4 (Reach Safe)

Any changes or addition to the targets as per my goals? (I'll have to select 7-8 of these)

Originally posted by darkstar77 on 10 Mar 2018, 16:11.
Last edited by darkstar77 on 14 Mar 2018, 02:57, edited 1 time in total.
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile (tech consultant to strategy consultant/prod mgmt)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2018, 07:39
aabhi2901 wrote:
Hey there, I am an Indian Male with an IT cum technology consulting background. Total WE 48 months.

Currently working with PwC as a SAP cloud HR Senior consultant and a team lead. Got promoted twice in 3 yrs (Accenture+PwC)

Have worked for and implemented SAP cloud HR suite (the full employee life cycle, hire to retire) for automobile manufacturing, Banking and service based clients from Europe and the US.
Travelled to the US twice for client go-lives. Been interacting with international clients for more than 3 yrs.

Planning to attend the class of 2021 (starting next yr 2019). Taking up GMAT arnd July this year, hoping for 710-720. Undergrad gpa arnd 3.2, non IIT
Shoot even a bit higher on GMAT if possible-- 730+-- but if you can hit 710-720 you may be ok at some of your choices
My post MBA goals include :

1. Strategy consulting at Deloitte, PwC Strategy &, AT Kearney etc. (MBB is distant)

2. Product mgmt at Amazon, Uber, Google, Microsoft etc.

I know both these goals maybe look quite different but, I have gone thru them for a year now and thts what appeals to me. I wanna do one of them.in tht order.

Does tht look feasible???????
When you list your Why MBA/Why Now pitch-- be mindful of going with one over another-- does not matter which-- or at least think about what these have in common and what is the central thread.
Am looking at following univs:

McCombs

Emory
Fosters
USC Marshall

Georgia Tech Scheller
Mays
Mendoza
UC Irvine Merage
McCombs, Foster and possibly Emory could be tough with the 710 GMAT. The others look reasonable. I think there is great hiring for Indian MBAs in tech product marketing so that is a great goal. Think about some of the European schools also--
LBS, INSEAD, HEC Paris, IESE, IE and also consider Tepper, Michigan State, and Kelley as you look for the best options with tech marketing in the MBA pipeline.

Any changes or addition to the targets as per my goals??????

Posted from my mobile device

Donna | Stratus Admissions | Schedule a Free Consult

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile (tech consultant to strategy consultant/prod mgmt) &nbs [#permalink] 12 Mar 2018, 07:39

Profile (tech consultant to strategy consultant/prod mgmt)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap