GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Apr 2019, 07:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Pursuing GMAT for MBA admission abroad after PGDM in India??

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Pursuing GMAT for MBA admission abroad after PGDM in India??  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 01:41
Hi
I have dome PGDM and my specialization was Agribusiness. The B School where I studied is not that big a deal but when it comes to Agribusiness, it is the pioneer institute. Though that makes a very small impact as the college is rather unknown (National Institute in Agricultural Extension Management). I have started working in PricewaterhouseCoopers as a consultant after my degree completion. So currently I have 4 months of work experience. But I feel stuck in this specialization and want to take a different career direction and the only way I am seeing right now is studying for GMAT. But there are a lot of apprehensions like will I be eligible for scholarships, is it a ise decision to go for MBA again or should I rather go for Phd. or just continue with the job. Of course, I will apply after may be 2.5-3 years of working. But I still am a lot confused about my approach here.
EMPOWERgmat Instructor
V
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: Pursuing GMAT for MBA admission abroad after PGDM in India??  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 11:37
Hi bhumikapandita,

It's not completely clear what you're asking about. If you're not planning to apply to School for at least another 2 years (and you're not sure about whether you'll even apply or not), then it sounds to me like you need to continue living your life so that you can decide whether a Grad Degree of some type is worth all of the time, money and effort or not.

If you do decide on a specific Grad School 'path', then you can do the necessary research and better define the timeline, requirements, etc. and proceed with that plan.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

*****Select EMPOWERgmat Courses now include ALL 6 Official GMAC CATs!*****

Rich Cohen

Co-Founder & GMAT Assassin

Special Offer: Save $75 + GMAT Club Tests Free
  Official GMAT Exam Packs + 70 Pt. Improvement Guarantee
www.empowergmat.com/
SVP
SVP
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2015, 21:29
Hi bhumikapandita,

I feel that 4 months is a very small period to judge your job. Give it sometime and figure out what you can do to improve it.
Second MBAs are common especially for the Indian candidates, but you have to be very clear about why you want to do that second MBA.

Decision between PHD and MBA again depends on what you want to do with your life.

My advice would be to sit back, think through and then take a decision. Taking the GMAT or not taking it is not a big decision. You can give it a shot and keep the score.
But before that decide why you want to do whatever degree you go for.

Regarding the scholarships, it is very early to tell. It will depend on you profile, your score and the application you present.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2019, 22:06
Hi
I have done my PGDM marketing from tier 2/3 college pune. Currently working in fmcg company with 1year experience.I am planning to take GMAT for executive 1 year MBA. Is it Right to have mindset to give GMAT in next year.please guide

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2019, 22:07
Hi
I have done my PGDM marketing from tier 2/3 college pune. Currently working in fmcg company with 1year experience.I am planning to take GMAT for executive 1 year MBA. Is it Right to have mindset to give GMAT in next year.please guide

Experts' Global Representative
S

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2019, 06:01
mehraj wrote:
Hi

Hello mehraj,

Thanks for writing in.

The GMAT score is valid for five years; hence, you may take it whenever you feel most prepared. Regarding your EMBA plans, considering you have only 1-year of experience, you may not be eligible for EMBA.

For more detailed guidance, kindly share your profile details with us.

All the best!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Pursuing GMAT for MBA admission abroad after PGDM in India??   [#permalink] 22 Mar 2019, 06:01

Pursuing GMAT for MBA admission abroad after PGDM in India??

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap