GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Sep 2018, 19:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Q49 in Gmat club quants test

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Q49 in Gmat club quants test  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 03:37
I got Q49 today (8th feb 18) in gmatclub quants test -> How much i can expect in real GMAT ? Although same Q49 i got in my actual GMAT (16 jan 18), but i was expecting Q50 atleast .

Considering level of difficulty in gmatclub test quants -> kindly advice.

Thanks

Give Kudos for correct answer and/or if you like the solution.

V
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Q49 in Gmat club quants test  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 12:02
sahilvijay wrote:
I got Q49 today (8th feb 18) in gmatclub quants test -> How much i can expect in real GMAT ? Although same Q49 i got in my actual GMAT (16 jan 18), but i was expecting Q50 atleast .

Thanks

Hi sahilvijay

If this Q49 is the only score from gmatclub tests then you must take more tests after practicing each time and then see the level of consistency.

If you do not make silly mistakes or get stumped on a easy/medium level question/s in real exam, then you sure can get Q50/51.

Questions in GMATClub tests are mostly 700 if you notice. but we tend to overlook the tricky medium level question in real exam, which is a huge penalty for those targeting Q50/51. So you must focus on both medium and high difficulty level questions equally.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Target - 720-740
http://gmatclub.com/forum/information-on-new-gmat-esr-report-beta-221111.html
http://gmatclub.com/forum/list-of-one-year-full-time-mba-programs-222103.html

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
P
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 12:27
HKD1710 wrote:
sahilvijay wrote:

Thanks

Hi sahilvijay

If this Q49 is the only score from gmatclub tests then you must take more tests after practicing each time and then see the level of consistency.

If you do not make silly mistakes or get stumped on a easy/medium level question/s in real exam, then you sure can get Q50/51.

Questions in GMATClub tests are mostly 700 if you notice. but we tend to overlook the tricky medium level question in real exam, which is a huge penalty for those targeting Q50/51. So you must focus on both medium and high difficulty level questions equally.

can you advice me on verbal -> for last 2 gmatclub tests i am getting only V23 => (in GMAT i got V19) i was getting continuously V32-V37 (32,32,34,37) in MGMAT before my GMAT exam, So how to judge myself on V23 in gmatclub verbal ?? are they really tough or my verbal is not good ? But how i was able to get >32 in MGMAT ??

Give Kudos for correct answer and/or if you like the solution.

Intern
Intern
S
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
Schools: Babson '21
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
WE: Education (Education)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2018, 12:32
I scored q50 once in gmat club and q39 in my real exam )

But to be honest my gmat club score ranged from 34-47

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
V

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 00:45
sahilvijay wrote:
HKD1710 wrote:
sahilvijay wrote:

Thanks

Hi sahilvijay

can you advice me on verbal -> for last 2 gmatclub tests i am getting only V23 => (in GMAT i got V19) i was getting continuously V32-V37 (32,32,34,37) in MGMAT before my GMAT exam, So how to judge myself on V23 in gmatclub verbal ?? are they really tough or my verbal is not good ? But how i was able to get >32 in MGMAT ??

Hi sahilvijay,

I have given the gmatclub verbal CATs myself. I understood that the Algorithm mostly matched my score with GMATPrep scores.

SO here is how you may see the fluctuation in scores. I witnessed it myself.

MGMAT - 30-33
GMATPrep - 24-29
GMATClub - 24-30
Real GMAT ---- 20-28

What do you notice? Rely on two things:
1. Consistency in scores
2. Official CAT scores. but if you are repeating the CATs then you must understand that your scores are inflated.
3. If you want to rely on CAT scores from the MGMAT/Veritas etc, then do not completely rely or not rely on them.

Last but not the least. Score in real exam has so many different conditions impacting it positively or negatively:
1. Were stressed/pressured
2. Did you marked some easy/medium level questions wrong?
3. where and in what sequence did you mark the questions wrong in the real exam.

All you need to do is. Practice ALL the official questions out there. Learn the way the questions are created. Try to find out how a simple concept was tested with so many layers of complexity on it. Invest alot of time on a single question. I like the verbal questions from MGMAT brilliant too, so you can practice them as well.

Do less but learn more is the key.

Take CATs but do not rely on score TOO MUCH. Take official CATs on right intervals to see where do you stand. But CATs scores are not the only way to tell you whether you are prepared for the real exam. You will start having that comfort with 4 hour long sitting after practice of questions/quizzes/CATs.

Do you have ESR from the official exam?

Any follow-up question? please post.

Target - 720-740

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2018, 12:12
HKD1710 wrote:

Hi sahilvijay,

I have given the gmatclub verbal CATs myself. I understood that the Algorithm mostly matched my score with GMATPrep scores.

MGMAT - 30-33
GMATPrep - 24-29
GMATClub - 24-30
Real GMAT ---- 20-28

1. Consistency in scores
2. Official CAT scores. but if you are repeating the CATs then you must understand that your scores are inflated.
3. If you want to rely on CAT scores from the MGMAT/Veritas etc, then do not completely rely or not rely on them.

Last but not the least. Score in real exam has so many different conditions impacting it positively or negatively:
3. where and in what sequence did you mark the questions wrong in the real exam.

All you need to do is. Practice ALL the official questions out there. Learn the way the questions are created. Try to find out how a simple concept was tested with so many layers of complexity on it. Invest alot of time on a single question. I like the verbal questions from MGMAT brilliant too, so you can practice them as well.

Take CATs but do not rely on score TOO MUCH. Take official CATs on right intervals to see where do you stand. But CATs scores are not the only way to tell you whether you are prepared for the real exam. You will start having that comfort with 4 hour long sitting after practice of questions/quizzes/CATs.

HKD1710

I have witnessed the same relation in my mock tests as well. I scored 34 in MGMAT Verbal and in next GMAT Prep i scored 29. If this relationship is approximately correct , how much should we score in MGMAT and GMATPrep to consider ourself ready for real GMAT if our target verbal score is V41.

Thanks much for your help

Please give kudos if it helps

Resources
Ultimate GMAT Quantitative Megathread | ALL YOU NEED FOR QUANT ! ! ! | SC Blogs by Magoosh | How to improve your verbal score | Things i wish i could've done earlier | Ultimate Q51 Guide

V

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2018, 10:38
akadiyan wrote:
HKD1710 wrote:

Hi sahilvijay,

MGMAT - 30-33
GMATPrep - 24-29
GMATClub - 24-30
Real GMAT ---- 20-28

1. Consistency in scores

HKD1710

I have witnessed the same relation in my mock tests as well. I scored 34 in MGMAT Verbal and in next GMAT Prep i scored 29. If this relationship is approximately correct , how much should we score in MGMAT and GMATPrep to consider ourself ready for real GMAT if our target verbal score is V41.

Thanks much for your help

Hi akadiyan,

Here is when we are ready:

1. when we start getting Consistent Scores in CATs
2. when we are comforatble taking a CAT
3. when panick and nervousness is does not trouble us
4. when we do not end up running for the time in the end

As GMATPrep are much more reliable than other CATs, we should plan on taking them on right intervals. Say we are done learning concepts and did a lot of practice then we should go for the following sequence:
1. Take MGMAT
2. review revise practice
3. Take GMATPrep
4. Repeat #2

Others might want to take 2 non-GMATprep CATs and one GMATPrep in sequence. Because this all depends on how we deal with our weaknesses.

Above all do two things:
1. Be consistent
2. Revise

If we plan to achieve V41 then we need be getting CAT scores around that. Because IMO it is a rarity that someone who was getting V30 in CATs, got V40 in real exam. Though i have seen it, it only happens with those who were good test takers and they didn't do well in mock but did there best in real GMAT because they went for it with free spirit and no nervousness.

Pleas post your followup question if you have. Hope it helps.

Target - 720-740

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2018, 21:20
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Q49 in Gmat club quants test &nbs [#permalink] 09 Jun 2018, 21:20

Q49 in Gmat club quants test

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR SEPTEMBER
e-GMAT: Free 30 day Access! 25+ Video Lessons | 400+ Practice Questions | 7 Free Webinars
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap