GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jun 2018, 21:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Quit job for GMATPrep isit wise?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Quit job for GMATPrep isit wise? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2018, 22:31
Hi,

I am planning to quit my job to prepare for GMAT, need experts advise.

My work is more physically demanding as i work in a steel Industry and i work in different shift hours, I've tried twice by preparing and and my exam did not go well and not been able to manage time.

Finally i have decided to quit my job and go for preparation, Please give your advise.

Thanks,
Bhanu Teja.
Board of Directors
V
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Quit job for GMATPrep isit wise? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2018, 01:18
Hey mokshaykumar400@gmail.com ,

Personally, I would not recommend to quit your job to prepare for GMAT. This may add another reason for a rejection if not well explained.

But I could see that your work is very demanding. In that case, you can always look for another less demanding job. Make sure the new job is related to the work you do and is directly linked with your goals so that you can explain the same in your application.

All the best :-)

My GMAT Story: From V21 to V40
My MBA Journey: My 10 years long MBA Dream
My Secret Hacks: Best way to use GMATClub
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog

GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - Click here.

NEW VISA FORUM - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - Click here.

Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2018, 01:39
mokshaykumar400@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,

I am planning to quit my job to prepare for GMAT, need experts advise.

My work is more physically demanding as i work in a steel Industry and i work in different shift hours, I've tried twice by preparing and and my exam did not go well and not been able to manage time.

Finally i have decided to quit my job and go for preparation, Please give your advise.

Thanks,
Bhanu Teja.

I am not an expert and also have problem with investing time in Gmat. But I rather invest in something to get better than stuck at one place. (If you don't feel you will get better at your current work, I think you will be okay)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jun 2018, 03:33
if your job is very demanding, like mine. it's okay to quit. because continuing the current way is not leading anywhere.And there would be no other thing at all if you can't study.
But make sure you get a new job within a month or two, the gap shouldn't be long.
Expert Post
VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2018, 01:08
mokshaykumar400@gmail.com
I strongly urge you to get another job lined up first that is less demanding as someone has suggested above.

It's easier to get a job when you have a job and if it ends up being a situation where you are long-term unemployed you'll be flagged as a high-risk candidate by the admissions committee and that will decrease your chances of being accepted.

And so in that case quitting your job to improve your test score might or might not work out and is not going to result in an admit.

Change the job but just don't expose yourself to an unlimited period of unemployment...this is an application killer unfortunately.

Find a job that's more related to what you want to do and one that requires less physical effort and allows you time to do the GMAT.

I will also offer my most successful clients - as a former GMAT verbal tutor of 18 years - woke up ONE hour earlier and spent an hour studying everyday. Giving their best energy to this before the day was over.

http://mbaprepcoach.com

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
http://PoetsandQuants.com/Consultants/Farrell-Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Re: Quit job for GMATPrep isit wise?   [#permalink] 09 Jun 2018, 01:08

Quit job for GMATPrep isit wise?

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap