Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:43 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.29
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2333 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V43
Send PM
Re: Ranks and clusterings of various International b-schools [#permalink]
IMD (Switzerland) should be in ULTRA ELITE
IIM A (INDIA) should be in ELITE or a new category should be made "REGIONAL ULTRA-ELITE"
CEIBS in should be in ELITE or a new category should be made "REGIONAL ULTRA-ELITE"
IE shouldn't be this list.

Rest I agree pretty much
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: IMD '17 (A)
Send PM
I really like the intention behind this thread but I think it might be getting a bit outdated. Not sure if the OP is still active and trying to keep this up to date. Would love to start a new thread if not.

I also agree that IMD should be in the Ultra Elite bucket. IMD grads have the highest earnings out of any international MBA 3 months out, 3 years out, and 5 years out. IMD has also long established itself as the king of industry, general management, and leadership.

Consulting placement is also pretty great at 29% last year. That's actually quite a bit better than INSEAD the supposed king of consulting when you take away their sponsored consulting students.

Due to its smaller size with only 90 students IMD doesn't really care about rankings and so it gets dinged on certain metrics that benefit from scale like: number of nationalities (Insead has 60 nationalities for 1000 students and IMD has 40 nationalities for 90 students), class size (LBS and Insead will have 60-70 person classes but IMD will have 90 person classes since that's the entire program), etc. The fact that IMD can send 70% of its grads to industry and still have higher earnings for its grads than INSEAD and LBS that target more traditionally higher paying sectors like finance and consulting says something.

At the end of the day, most people that go into consulting use it to accelerate their careers and then go into industry. IMD provides a route for its graduates to skip that if they choose and land senior management jobs out of school. But if you do want to go into consulting MBB still recruit very heavily there.

The smaller MBA alumni network is largely mitigated by the huge executive MBA network since IMD is the king of executive education with 9000 executives going through each year.

How many of the other schools in the Elite cluster can claim any of the above?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Islay wrote:
I really like the intention behind this thread but I think it might be getting a bit outdated. Not sure if the OP is still active and trying to keep this up to date. Would love to start a new thread if not.

I also agree that IMD should be in the Ultra Elite bucket. IMD grads have the highest earnings out of any international MBA 3 months out, 3 years out, and 5 years out. IMD has also long established itself as the king of industry, general management, and leadership.

Consulting placement is also pretty great at 29% last year. That's actually quite a bit better than INSEAD the supposed king of consulting when you take away their sponsored consulting students.

Due to its smaller size with only 90 students IMD doesn't really care about rankings and so it gets dinged on certain metrics that benefit from scale like: number of nationalities (Insead has 60 nationalities for 1000 students and IMD has 40 nationalities for 90 students), class size (LBS and Insead will have 60-70 person classes but IMD will have 90 person classes since that's the entire program), etc. The fact that IMD can send 70% of its grads to industry and still have higher earnings for its grads than INSEAD and LBS that target more traditionally higher paying sectors like finance and consulting says something.

At the end of the day, most people that go into consulting use it to accelerate their careers and then go into industry. IMD provides a route for its graduates to skip that if they choose and land senior management jobs out of school. But if you do want to go into consulting MBB still recruit very heavily there.

The smaller MBA alumni network is largely mitigated by the huge executive MBA network since IMD is the king of executive education with 9000 executives going through each year.

How many of the other schools in the Elite cluster can claim any of the above?

IMD is a great school and it is in beautiful switzerland
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 733 [0]
Given Kudos: 362
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Can I somehow try to bump and revive this topic?
I find it super interesting.

Might also be somthing for you billionaire
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Schools: EDHEC
GPA: 2.49
Send PM
Hi how would you rate EDHEC business school Global MBA