Last visit was: 07 May 2024, 18:41 It is currently 07 May 2024, 18:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Request for college recommendations: [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello, I have heard That students opt for these countries as it is easy to get into these countries as the visa procedures are not that rigid.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
I have heard a lot about Singapore and I am considering it as an option to do my MBA. Please recommend me some descent colleges in Singapore.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
There are various colleges in Singapore such as NANYANG, SP JAIN GOLBAL etc. why don’t you check the rankings and decide it yourself.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
More than rankings even placements and ROI matter a lot.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
However important ranking is I will be investing a lot of money for my education and I hope that I will be able to recover the money that I spent during the course. I happened to check S.P JAIN GLOBAL’s website and I referred to their previous placements My parents are really impressed with the placements offered by SP JAIN GLOBAL and they feel this management programme is worth investing. You can refer to their website for more information
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
PersonalMBACoach wrote:
Any promotions at work or upcoming promotions?
What undergraduate did you go to and what was the GPA?
What do you want to do after B school?

With those answers, I can give more targeted recommendations. On the surface, those look like good school choices for you, but I may be able to suggest some additional reach schools based on those answers to give you a shot at higher ranked schools. Are you definitely applying this year?

Good luck

HI ,

Thank you for your response.
I had a promotion in March 2014. Not sure abt any upcoming promotions.
Wrt undergraduate , i did my engineering in Electronics and Communications at Vellore institute of Technology, which is a highly rated college in India.
My GPA was 8.82/10 and the highest in the branch was abt 9.25. I m not sure abt the scaled GPA out of 4.0 scale.
I have undertaken a few Project Management related activities which i can put across as a point to highlight as a differentiation factor.
My post graduation plan is to move into operations management side or may be take up business consulting. I still have to do a lot of introspection on this particular aspect.
I am definitely planning for Aug 2015 admit and I am not sure if i can afford higher ranked schools.

Please do suggest what college is safe and reach so that I can hope to get an admit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
shree4949 wrote:
Hello there, you have a pretty good GMAT score and you are eligible to apply for some good B schools which can provide you with quality education and great exposure. There are various colleges which offers great management programmes which can provide you with a lot of global exposure as well as good opportunities for your future since you are looking for international institutes you could look for institutes in dubai,Singapore, Sydney, CANADA etc.

HI ,

Can you recommend some colleges in singapore ,canada and sydney?

Will be a great help.

Akshay
GMAT Club Bot