It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 01:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Request for Evaluation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Request for Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2008, 23:44
Hi,

I'm working as a Quality Analyst with a MNC in IT domain and below are few of the details that I have abstracted for your reference:

Total Exp: 2.5 years (QA and Team Leader... Handling a team of 20 associates)
Grad: B.Tech in Chemical Engg.
CGPA in Grad: 7.2/10 (India)
Post Grad: Pursuing PGDM Part Time from IMT Ghaziabad (2nd Year)
Current CGPA: 6.5/10
GMAT-700

Paper Presentation:
My paper was selected for first "International conference on Brand Management (ICBM'08)"
Research: Conducted 2 research Nationwide (1 for IMT and other one for my company)

Extra Curricular/Awards

- Awarded by my company for contribution towards CSR activities (Social Work)
- Regular participation in all events during Graduation/Post Grad & at work
- Organized many cultural/Sports events

* Good experience in dealing with International clients (Canada)
* Good repo in my organization for my work...Recommendations ready from seniors and colleagues

And many more initiatives and innovations on my name in my company....

I am facing lot of problems with my PGDM Part Time due to urgent obligations for my organization. Since I have to attend classes 4 days a week, and due to heavy workload at office, In my 2nd year of MBA, I am unable to manage things due to time conflicts. So I am left with only 3 options, either I leave my job, my part time MBA or both.

It would be great if you could help me in this as I have finally decided to go for a regular International MBA. But I have few concerns like:

1) My Part time MBA-- will it affect my future admission prospects when the international colleges get to know about it?
2) I have a genuine reason to take this decision-- is it enough for justification or should I plan something else?
3) Is my profile competitive enough? Please suggest few colleges
4) Any other suggestions to improve my profile?

Please help me.......

Regards,
Nishant

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 581 [0], given: 74

Re: Request for Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2008, 20:05
Nishant,

I don't think your chances of admission at international MBA programs will be harmed by the fact that you can't complete your part-time degree. You will just need to explain the circumstances: what the pressures are, how your work obligations changed from the time you started the degree to the time you left. They will understand to some extent. Your story may actually strengthen your argument that you need a full-time MBA because you could say that you have discovered that the part-time MBA approach just doesn't work for you: you need / want to commit yourself to business school full-time.

If you complete the part-time MBA but have poor grades then you have bigger problems: convincing why you need a second MBA and explaining why they should disregard your poor grades in MBA-related courses.

If you feel you need an international full-time MBA rather than a part-time, India-based MBA then make sure you explain the differences in focus, emphasis or quality to the international business schools, so they'll understand your decision.

Your profile seems strong enough academically and professionally, but understand that you will face extreme competition even at non-elite schools because (a) all B-schools are experiencing increased applications, and (b) B-schools want diverse classes so many qualified Male Indian Technology applicants get rejected.

You didn't mention post-MBA goals so I can't suggest specific schools.

Linda Abraham
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Kudos [?]: 581 [0], given: 74

Re: Request for Evaluation   [#permalink] 01 Nov 2008, 20:05

Request for Evaluation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap