It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 01:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Request for profile evaluation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Request for profile evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 08:41
Good day,
I have few queries regarding whether I should pursue an MBA or not, secondly if I have to pursue an MBA which college should I target based on my profile.

Which particular institutes will value both my personal and professional profile.

My profile is:

I am a gas turbine expert working for BHEL ( a public sector unit in india) under government of India for the past 7.3 years.

I basically travel to different gas turbine sites to troubleshoot, commission or audit gas turbine systems.

In all of these activities I lead a team of around 30-40 personnel at those respective sites.

How I have evolved in my field is by starting from only mechanical and now I cover complete mechanical, electrical and controls aspect. Also, now more typical sites are assigned to me both nationally and internationally.

I want to rise in the hierarchy. I am willing to change my sector and geography but not my industry.

I am not very keen on Going to us/Europe but have a keen interest towards south east Asia and middle East. The scope of gas turbines is more outside India than compared to the scope in India.

The other professional and personal aspects of my profile are:

I was the CEO of a startup "fbots- the future of robotics" from 2011 to 2015. This startup very much exists now too.

Here, I led a team of around 30 people which included labours, supervisors and engineers.

I married a lady born and partially brought up in Pakistan. Both of our respective parents were not agreeing to our decision of marriage. We both eloped from our respective houses and I reported this issue in the police station near her house and also filed a case against her family for confiscating her documents. Post reporting this issue in police station we are now very much together.

Post marriage, I have mentored my wife to undertake acting as a career which was her passion since childhood. Post, 2 years of our marriage she struggled and is now an established actress- model in Hindi television industry. I mentored her so that she could bring about a successful career change from dentistry to acting.

During my school days, I have appeared and won quizzing episodes on nationally televised ESPN school quiz and bournvita quiz contest.

I completed Hyderabad full marathon (42.2km) in 2014.

I have also travelled to all 29 states of India and imbibed lot of knowledge regarding food, culture and traditions during the periods of travel.

I have travelled to 11 different countries till now and intend to travel to all 195 countries by the time I reach 70 years.

The reason I have allotted 40 years to complete this is because their should be no overdose of learning and my other professional, personal activities should not be affected.

My academics are:

10- 86.80%

12- 86.83%

Btech in mechanical engineering from second tier institute in India cgpi- 7.47.

Can you please help with my queries mentioned at the begining of the mail.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 37

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Request for profile evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2017, 15:06
hassu13 wrote:
Good day,
I have few queries regarding whether I should pursue an MBA or not, secondly if I have to pursue an MBA which college should I target based on my profile.Thanks hassu13 for your query- I think I'd look at MBAs in India- http://www.isb.edu/
as a good starting point and read this to get an idea of the profile- avg GMAT that you need: https://www.quora.com/What-GMAT-score-i ... -Hyderabad and might also look at NUS, NTU, INSEAD Singapore and HKUST

Which particular institutes will value both my personal and professional profile.

My profile is:

I am a gas turbine expert working for BHEL ( a public sector unit in india) under government of India for the past 7.3 years.

I basically travel to different gas turbine sites to troubleshoot, commission or audit gas turbine systems.

In all of these activities I lead a team of around 30-40 personnel at those respective sites.

How I have evolved in my field is by starting from only mechanical and now I cover complete mechanical, electrical and controls aspect. Also, now more typical sites are assigned to me both nationally and internationally.

I want to rise in the hierarchy. I am willing to change my sector and geography but not my industry.

I am not very keen on Going to us/Europe but have a keen interest towards south east Asia and middle East. The scope of gas turbines is more outside India than compared to the scope in India.

The other professional and personal aspects of my profile are:

I was the CEO of a startup "fbots- the future of robotics" from 2011 to 2015. This startup very much exists now too.

Here, I led a team of around 30 people which included labours, supervisors and engineers.

I married a lady born and partially brought up in Pakistan. Both of our respective parents were not agreeing to our decision of marriage. We both eloped from our respective houses and I reported this issue in the police station near her house and also filed a case against her family for confiscating her documents. Post reporting this issue in police station we are now very much together.

Post marriage, I have mentored my wife to undertake acting as a career which was her passion since childhood. Post, 2 years of our marriage she struggled and is now an established actress- model in Hindi television industry. I mentored her so that she could bring about a successful career change from dentistry to acting.

During my school days, I have appeared and won quizzing episodes on nationally televised ESPN school quiz and bournvita quiz contest.

I completed Hyderabad full marathon (42.2km) in 2014.

I have also travelled to all 29 states of India and imbibed lot of knowledge regarding food, culture and traditions during the periods of travel.

I have travelled to 11 different countries till now and intend to travel to all 195 countries by the time I reach 70 years.

The reason I have allotted 40 years to complete this is because their should be no overdose of learning and my other professional, personal activities should not be affected.

My academics are:

10- 86.80%

12- 86.83%

Btech in mechanical engineering from second tier institute in India cgpi- 7.47.

Can you please help with my queries mentioned at the begining of the mail.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 37

Re: Request for profile evaluation   [#permalink] 19 Oct 2017, 15:06

Request for profile evaluation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap