GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 04:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Request for Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Request for Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 08:14
Hello there!

Request you to kindly evaluate my chances from the below profile:

Indian Male 25.

School - Class X - 88%
School - Class XII - 95.6%
(Achievements - School Leader, School Topper, Editor for a student newspaper for a year, Quizmaster at a few quizzes)
University - Mechanical Engg - 9.56/10 CGPA
(Achievements - Dept Topper, President of Automotive Club, Presented a Research Paper in final semester, Class Representative, Mess Representative)

Work Experience: At a top glass manufacturing organization in the world, Indian division (2 yrs, 11 months)

Graduate Engineer Trainee (6 mos)

Marketing Executive - Interiors Division (1 yr)
(Organized Product Launches, Photoshoots across the country among top interior designers, contractors and architects, managed collaterals, printables and merchandize for the Sales team, handled social media campaigns)

Key Account Manager - Bangalore Region (1.5 yrs)
(117% of Sales Target Achived, Handled 100+ accounts involving designers, architects, contractors. Conducted 70+ events individually across various firms as engagement activities and designed a few of my own in the process, adjudged Best Manager for 2016 in the country)

Currently a freelance DJ (Hip Hop, House and Commercial genres) and a freelance Content Writer (last 1 yr)
Also performed (Western Vocals and Beatboxing) across multiple pubs and stages during Karaoke and Live events .
Other passions include blogging (5 years) and table tennis

Scored 640 (Q48, V29) in a mock GMAT test from GMATPrep software w/o preparation last week (Normally am good in Verbal from my past experience and performance in other competitive examinations, should be able to perk it up!)
Target score 750+ for July attempt.

Schools in mind: Wharton, Yale SOM, Tepper, HEC Paris, Rotman, NUS and ISB.

Post MBA Goals: Consulting at MBB, OW post which Id like to set up a consulting boutique with expertise on various disciplines of business
Vantage Point Admissions Consultant
B
Affiliations: Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
Re: Request for Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 20:10
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the details of your profile! You have a fantastic GPA and some pretty cool EC's! I would encourage you to focus on the GMAT for now and knock it out of the park (750+ sounds about right!) given your competitive demographic and the schools you're targeting. With that said, we don't work with Canadian or Asian MBA programs but would be happy to discuss your questions as they relate to US or European MBA programs. However, we actually are no longer providing straight profile reviews on this forum. We believe that your competitiveness at different schools relies on more than just a few stats or data points and so, a conversation is a much better way to provide that feedback and help you approach the application process. However, we'd LOVE to answer any specific questions or concerns you have about your profile or the MBA application process in general. So please feel free to respond with some more pointed questions!

Best,
Melody

Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
https://vantagepointmba.com/
Your Personal MBA Application Experts
Contact us for a Free Consultation!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2018, 20:58
VantagePointMBA wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the details of your profile! You have a fantastic GPA and some pretty cool EC's! I would encourage you to focus on the GMAT for now and knock it out of the park (750+ sounds about right!) given your competitive demographic and the schools you're targeting. With that said, we don't work with Canadian or Asian MBA programs but would be happy to discuss your questions as they relate to US or European MBA programs. However, we actually are no longer providing straight profile reviews on this forum. We believe that your competitiveness at different schools relies on more than just a few stats or data points and so, a conversation is a much better way to provide that feedback and help you approach the application process. However, we'd LOVE to answer any specific questions or concerns you have about your profile or the MBA application process in general. So please feel free to respond with some more pointed questions!

Best,
Melody

Thank you very much for your response!
Will surely work on the same. Cheers!

I just had one more query, a general one.
Once the scores are sent to the B Schools, our next step is to go to the websites of those schools, download the necessary application forms and then send them seperately, am I correct? As in, I dont have to wait for any communication from the schools directly after they get our scores, right?
B
Request for Profile Evaluation  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2018, 20:33
Hi there, that's correct, you typically won't receive any communication from the schools acknowledging receipt of your official GMAT score report. You can proceed with the online application at any point once it's open for the application year. You'll self-report your GMAT score on the application as well. I hope that answers your question! Best of luck!

Kindly,
Melody

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2018, 22:34
VantagePointMBA wrote:
Hi there, that's correct, you typically won't receive any communication from the schools acknowledging receipt of your official GMAT score report. You can proceed with the online application at any point once it's open for the application year. You'll self-report your GMAT score on the application as well. I hope that answers your question! Best of luck!

Kindly,
Melody

Yes it does! Thank you!
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 07:48
Wonderful! Best of luck!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 07:51
VantagePointMBA wrote:
Wonderful! Best of luck!

I had sent a PM. Do kindly check it.
Regards.
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 07:53
Yes, I just responded :)

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Request for Profile Evaluation &nbs [#permalink] 04 Apr 2018, 07:53

Request for Profile Evaluation

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap