It is currently 22 Nov 2017, 03:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Request profile evaluation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Request profile evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2008, 05:51
Hi paul ,

My profile :
I am an Indian ,F, doctor by profession , graduated from one of Indias top 5 medical schools. I worked for the Indian Army for 5 yrs.Quit my job as a Major. Worked for 4yrs in CT / CI ops( counter insurgency and counter terrorist operations) in the Jammu and kashmir,India along with the fighting arms .
My responsibilities included both treating patients as well as administrative. I had the oppurtunity to work with 2 infantry brigades and an artillery brigade as the officer in charge of the medical set up for all the units posted under the brigade (I was the only lady officer among 1000 men) .Being the officer in charge i was responsibile for the logistics and administrative handling of all the 3-20 team of soldiers posted under me ( that included 2 Junior commisioned officers and 18 Other ranks) . I was a part of two combat operations where i was responsible for the treatment and transfer of wounded soldiers.Held many medical camps for the local people of J& K as a part of peace operation.

Extra curricular activities :
1. I volunteered to teach the girls in a school near Indo Pak border.Organised cultural and entertaining programmes for the local people in the area and encourage women to come forth. 2. was a member of scientific club during my medical school days
3. was a member of the choreography team in higher and medical school.

Taking my gmat in dec 08(i am looking at 650-680 score).
Post MBA i am looking at medical consulting and health sector.
I am interested in the top 10 general management schools specially looking at harvard, stanford ,INSEAD, kellogg, Tuck.
Chances of getting into the schools of choice,which schools do u think will be safety schools for a profile like mine, any other schools that u might suggest , suggestions about improving my profile.

Looking forward for your reply.
Thank you for your time.

Thank you for ur time .

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 583 [0], given: 74

Re: Request profile evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2008, 21:57
mayuri,

You have an extremely distinctive and fairly compelling profile. Whether it's strong enough to get you into Harvard, Stanford, INSEAD, Kellogg, or Tuck is another matter. Certainly you should aim high, though you really should aim for the 680 side of the GMAT range if you can. My sense is that you would have a better chance at INSEAD and Kellogg than the other three schools you mentioned. Given your goals you may want to consider programs like Wharton (a longshot probably), Duke, Berkeley Haas, among others. The only suggestion I would make for improving your profile is getting as high a GMAT as you can since, as a nontraditional candidate, you will want to convince them you can handle their programs academically. You need to be really focused and savvy in your goal statement (Why an MBA)--show them that despite your medical and military career you know what you're getting into by transitioning into business.

Good luck,

Linda Abraham
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Kudos [?]: 583 [0], given: 74

Re: Request profile evaluation   [#permalink] 13 Nov 2008, 21:57

Request profile evaluation

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap