Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 11:48 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 11:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Real Estate, International Business
GPA: 3.4
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 530 Q40 V23
GPA: 3.56
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: Retake GMAT 4th Time..Need HELP desperately !! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi soumyaranjandash87,

To start, unless you used each of the products that you 'tagged' in your title in its entirety, you should remove those tags from your post.

If it's really been over 2 years since you were regularly studying for the GMAT, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test; you can download 2 for free from www.mba.com (and they come with some additional practice materials). If you want to do a little studying first, so that you can refamiliarize yourself with the basic content and question types, then that's okay - but you shouldn't wait too long to take that initial CAT. That score will give us a good sense of your natural strengths and weaknesses and will help provide a basis for comparison as you continue to study. A FULL CAT takes about 4 hours to complete, so make sure that you've set aside enough time to take it in one sitting. Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

I'd like to know a bit more about your timeline and goals:
1) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
2) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
3) What specific Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
omizzle wrote:
soumyaranjandash87 wrote:
Hi All,
Let me get straight to point.
I appeared GMAT thrice. 1st : 460 2nd : 560 3rd: 600 in 2014 DEC and TOEFL : 110
Well with in these periods I had sacrificed lots of personal events and also a great deal of professional achievements.
After all 3 failed attempts I had to focus on my career so I concentrated on my work and office. Currently I work with one of the best organization and married.
And I 2017 should e the year when I should retake 4th time and crack with for applying some of the top schools and priority is INDIAN schools and some of outside INDIAN schools.
Profile:
Grad - 8.0 CGPA
EX - 6 yrs [ by 2016 DEC]
Nothing great achievement from professional front. So I know I have to score 690+.
Now I need your help in achieving the same and overcome the agony or aspiration of last 5 years of GMAT and get into a best school.
HELP me in approaching the GMAT and which materials I should follow. In QUANT I am confident but in verbal mostly RC and CR are my weak points.

What have been your score breakdowns for your attempts thus far? How did you study for each of your previous exams?

Test Date Verbal Quantitative Total Analytical Writing Integrated Reasoning
09 December 2014 27 / 47% 45 / 59% 600 / 59% 4.5 / 43% 1 / 0%
26 September 2013 21 / 27% 47 / 65% 560 / 46% 5.0 / 57% 2 / 13%
27 November 2012 15 / 10% 44 / 54% 490 / 27% 5.0 / 57% 2 / 13%
This was my score.
I am planning max by July End so that can apply for all the schools for 2018 admit.
Schools , well all the Indian schools and outside of India schools , I have not yet zeroed upon.[this will look for at once I will start my preparation for optimum score.]
I have stopped preparing from April 2015 precisely.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
omizzle wrote:
soumyaranjandash87 wrote:
Hi All,
Let me get straight to point.
I appeared GMAT thrice. 1st : 460 2nd : 560 3rd: 600 in 2014 DEC and TOEFL : 110
Well with in these periods I had sacrificed lots of personal events and also a great deal of professional achievements.
After all 3 failed attempts I had to focus on my career so I concentrated on my work and office. Currently I work with one of the best organization and married.
And I 2017 should e the year when I should retake 4th time and crack with for applying some of the top schools and priority is INDIAN schools and some of outside INDIAN schools.
Profile:
Grad - 8.0 CGPA
EX - 6 yrs [ by 2016 DEC]
Nothing great achievement from professional front. So I know I have to score 690+.
Now I need your help in achieving the same and overcome the agony or aspiration of last 5 years of GMAT and get into a best school.
HELP me in approaching the GMAT and which materials I should follow. In QUANT I am confident but in verbal mostly RC and CR are my weak points.

What have been your score breakdowns for your attempts thus far? How did you study for each of your previous exams?

Test Date Verbal Quantitative Total Analytical Writing Integrated Reasoning
09 December 2014 27 / 47% 45 / 59% 600 / 59% 4.5 / 43% 1 / 0%
26 September 2013 21 / 27% 47 / 65% 560 / 46% 5.0 / 57% 2 / 13%
27 November 2012 15 / 10% 44 / 54% 490 / 27% 5.0 / 57% 2 / 13%
This was my score.
I am planning max by July End so that can apply for all the schools for 2018 admit.
Schools , well all the Indian schools and outside of India schools , I have not yet zeroed upon.[this will look for at once I will start my preparation for optimum score.]
I have stopped preparing from April 2015 precisely.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi soumyaranjandash87,

You made some significant improvements to your scores in the past (raising a 490 to a 600 is a big achievement). Raising a 600 to a 690+ will take some serious work through - and you'll have to make some big adjustments to how you handle BOTH the Quant and Verbal sections. Thankfully, you've given yourself plenty of time to study - which is good. In addition, the GMAT is the same consistent, predictable Exam that it's always been, so you CAN train to score at a higher level.

I want to reiterate a point from my prior post. Since it's been so long since you were regularly studying for the GMAT, then it would be a good idea to take a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT Test (with the Essay and IR sections). Once you have those scores, you should report back here and we can come up with a study plan.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 530 Q40 V23
GPA: 3.56
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
It seems you have already invested much of your time and energy. So the endeavor should be ended smartly. The main drawback of long prep is that we tend to forget what we learn couple of months ago. we learn ........ and then forget as there remains less time to review. The cycle repeats. So allow yourself a three months crash program, squeezing more time & devotion for GMAT for the last time. Vigorous and consistent study really works for working professionals.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts