GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Aug 2018, 20:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Ross ($$$$) vs. Kellogg ($)

new topic post reply Update application status  

• 78% [11]
  • 21% [3]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
Ross ($$$$) vs. Kellogg ($)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 14:59
I'm in the extremely fortunate, but challenging, situation of having offers from both Ross and Kellogg. Ross is offering me a full-tuition scholarship (approx. $130k total value). Kellogg is offering me $15k "need-based" aid per year ($30k total).

My short-term goal is to do a rotational leadership development program in CPG/retail. Long-term I want to be in corporate social responsibility in CPG/retail at a strategic management level.

Ross is really appealing because it's a leader in sustainability and social impact, which aligns well with my interests. Kellogg also has social impact, but it's not as much of a focus. Kellogg is, though, obviously much higher ranked. Current students and alums from both seem to genuinely love and recommend their schools.

I'm curious to know what people's thoughts are. To me it feels like a complete toss-up!
SVP
SVP
D
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Ross ($$$$) vs. Kellogg ($)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 15:34
zuzaroni wrote:
I'm in the extremely fortunate, but challenging, situation of having offers from both Ross and Kellogg. Ross is offering me a full-tuition scholarship (approx. $130k total value). Kellogg is offering me $15k "need-based" aid per year ($30k total).

My short-term goal is to do a rotational leadership development program in CPG/retail. Long-term I want to be in corporate social responsibility in CPG/retail at a strategic management level.

Ross is really appealing because it's a leader in sustainability and social impact, which aligns well with my interests. Kellogg also has social impact, but it's not as much of a focus. Kellogg is, though, obviously much higher ranked. Current students and alums from both seem to genuinely love and recommend their schools.

I'm curious to know what people's thoughts are. To me it feels like a complete toss-up!

I would take the money and move on. Ross is great school and fits your goals. It is great to graduate without burden. Most recruiters go to both schools.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Tuck '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 16:17
If you don't have any money saved up then Ross 100%. Congrats on the admits!
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 16:19
Congratulations! Unless there are some employers you really really want to work for that hire at Kellogg but not at Ross (even that is a chance), I think the difference in schools does not justify the financial delta. Ross.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2017, 13:01
bb wrote:
Congratulations! Unless there are some employers you really really want to work for that hire at Kellogg but not at Ross (even that is a chance), I think the difference in schools does not justify the financial delta. Ross.

Thanks bb! Been going back and forth on this one. Seems like the main upsides to Kellogg are brand recognition and more alums in c-suite roles. But even that is hard to know when comparing Michigan to Northwestern overall.

What is your opinion on the “stronger alumni network” argument? FWIW, my academic background is non-HYP ivy undergrad (social science).

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Which School to Choose Forum Moderator
S
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2017, 14:18
you should be able to get into CPG from both schools (although kellogg is stronger) but i'd take the money and go to ross
Re: Ross ($$$$) vs. Kellogg ($) &nbs [#permalink] 23 Dec 2017, 14:18

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap