Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 08:01 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 08:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [2]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello there,
Request you to evaluate my profile.

Background: Indian, Engineer, Male
Class 10 - 83%
Class 12 - 83%
Undergrad - B.tech Civil from VIT, CGPA - 7.6/10
GMAT - 740 (Q51 V39 IR5 AWA5)

Work experience:
3.5 years of experience (at the time of application in Sept 2022) in the real estate and concept sales domain. Current designation - Asst. Manager - Sales

Volunteering and Leadership:
- Recipient of Rashtrapathi Scout award from the President of India
- Member of Student Council at the college
- President of NSS (National Service Scheme) at the college
- Awarded as the best NSS volunteer for two consecutive years
- Organised a number of events at the college fests

Post MBA:
After mastering the management concepts during the course of my MBA, I would like to work in the operations domain for a few years and in the longer run, set up my own firm in promoting sustainable FMCG products

I have noticed that many of the MBA aspirants try to get CFA level 1 certified before applying for/joining the MBA program. Wanted to know how far is it beneficial for the application and would you recommend me to try and get it as well? (expecting anything specific apart from the cliche answer of more the merrier :D)
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Rotman Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
csumukh wrote:
Hello there,

Class 10 - 83%
Class 12 - 83%

Work experience:
3.5 years of experience (at the time of application in Sept 2022) in the real estate and concept sales domain. Current designation - Asst. Manager - Sales

Post MBA:
After mastering the management concepts during the course of my MBA, I would like to work in the operations domain for a few years and in the longer run, set up my own firm in promoting sustainable FMCG products

I have noticed that many of the MBA aspirants try to get CFA level 1 certified before applying for/joining the MBA program. Wanted to know how far is it beneficial for the application and would you recommend me to try and get it as well? (expecting anything specific apart from the cliche answer of more the merrier :D)

Hello csumukh,

Thanks for writing in.

Your academic background and professional profile look fine even though we would have wanted to see more details pertaining to your achievements or leadership exposure at work. A 740 on the GMAT will help compensate for what appears to be an average GPA and the extra-curricular activities are decent if not stellar.

Overall, you appear to be ready to proceed with the application but a lot will depend on how well you connect the dots in your story. In short, the essays are going to be key.

A CFA Level 1 certification does not really go with the theme of your story or what you want to do. Hence, you'd rather spend your time working on the remaining aspects of your application and in putting your best foot forward.

All the best!
Own Kudos [?]: 278 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
chirantanroy wrote:
Kudos to the experts who have been constantly reviewing the profiles since 2016.

It will be wonderful if you kindly evaluate mine. I am eyeing for a 2023 Intake (Probable early round on August 2022). So I am updating the profile as on August 2022.

Background and nationality:

Indian, Male, 29 years

Undergrad Information:

Bachelor of Engineering from IIEST Shibpur (Top 20 in India) | Mechnical Engineering | 1st Class | CGPA-7.28/10 (67%)

GMAT:

Eyeing for 720+ as per official mocks. Will take the exam in one or two months.

Work experience and leadership:

3.5+ years of Experience as a GST and Customs officer in Government of India. Worked extensively in the field of Indirect Taxes and GST Audit, Preventive Vigilance, Law enforcement, Economic Border Protection. Experienced in facilitation of Indian Businesses in Indirect Tax matters and Protection of Revenue to the Government Exchequer. Dealt with corporate financial accounting on a daily basis.

Awarded Commendation from the Chief Commissioner of Customs & Indirect Taxes for facilitating and helping the taxpayers during the economic disaster arisen by the Pandemic.

Also I performed a pivotal role in leading all the Indirect Tax offices in our state to switch to E-office during the pandemic so that the Government can support the taxpayers with ease while working from home.

Community and others:
Love to work with the people and for the people. Served as the National Joint Secretary as well as the provincial secretary of GST officers’ Association. In college, I reformed the defunct Students’ Body and served as the 1st General Secretary of the Students’ Body.

During the Pandemic, I helped the poor and marginal farmers of a remote village to come up with an alternative and tech-driven strategy so that they can survive the harsh situation.

Post MBA goals:

Short Answer: Working with an organisation in finance and taxation consulting. In my experience, I have seen that many small businesses or taxpayers face unnecessary hurdles in taxation matters. I dream of leading/creating a team/organisation that will help alleviate that pain. Given Rotman’s focus on Business with a strong flavour of finance, I hope I can make that dream a reality.

Anything else?

Music and Theatre. Like to perform on stage. National Runner-up in Music Competition organised by Dept. of Revenue, Govt. of India. In college, I created an event to support the local musicians to perform their own music. I have published songs with prominent lebels. I run a Youtube Channel (with plenty of subscribers). Performed in State-level Theatre events. A little bit of Web-design, Poster-design. Know four more languages apart from my mother tongue (Bengali) and English, i.e. French, German, Hindi and Odiya.

That's all. Looking for your valuable advice. Thank you.

Hello chirantanroy,

Hope this finds you well.

Barring the undergrad score, you have a good profile complete with achievements at work and beyond, as well as clarity of career goals.

Try and look for a score upwards of 730 for two reasons:
a) It will help compensate for your low undergrad score
b) It will help spike your application up especially since the Canadian geography has become overly competitive in recent times

Overall, besides the GMAT, much will depend on how you connect the dots in your story and how well you portray your overall achievements. Should you need help with the same, please do get in touch with us.

Good luck! :-)
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi csumukh,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Starting with the stats, your undergrad GPA is quite good, and you have a great GMAT score. So, all these are exhibiting your academic excellence. On the work front, your professional experience should demonstrate career advancement, leadership, impact, and so on. You didn't reveal much here. To provide an in-depth assessment of your work experience, I'd like to learn more about the leadership roles you've had, the impact you've had on your organization, or whether you've made any improvements to the services. I'd also like to know whether you have any evidence of international exposure. Your volunteer activities demonstrate some of your leadership qualities. All of these things are from your undergraduate days, but is there anything you do now? I would advise you to get engaged in activities that will allow you to bring other elements of your personality to the table, and AdComs will get to know you outside of your profession. Also, as a piece of advice, attempt to incorporate a nice mix of professional and personal values and interests to make your application stand out. Your post-MBA goals are good, but they require some tweaking. Additionally, write a list of the gaps in your profile that you believe an MBA from Rotman can help you achieve to attain your post-MBA goals.

Now the question is, does having a CFA add to your profile when applying to MBA programs? A CFA charter often suggests to the adcom that you understand the fundamentals of finance, are good with numbers in general, and can succeed in the analytically focused MBA curriculum. Doing a CFA solely to obtain some more points on your MBA application is probably not a good idea. CFA is most valuable, but only if it relates to your post-MBA goals. For example, if you want to work in investment management after getting your MBA, it is widely accepted that the CFA is needed. This would make you a highly appealing candidate for your target firms. As your post-mba goal is different, then it’s not needed. Instead, focus on creating a compelling application. Overall you have a good profile and do have a chance at Rotman. What is going to matter most in your application is how you connect the dots and craft amazing essays. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Channel Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

csumukh wrote:
Hello there,

Class 10 - 83%
Class 12 - 83%

Work experience:

Post MBA:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
I have not taken GMAT yet. I shall appreciate a quick prima-facie feedback on my profile.

I am 36 years old and have around 11 years of work ex in bank. I am working with SBI as Chief Manager and heading NRI Branch with business of USD 550 million. I have worked in Corporate banking, Trade finance, Retail banking and my last stint was in New York for 4 years in Sanciton/ Anti money laundering compliance domain. So I have varied level of exposure in bank. I am due for my promotion to Assistant General Manager next year.

I have done PGDM early in my career just after passing from college without any work experience. I neither had maturity or understanding of the basic business world, so as to capitalize on the PDGM program. Secondly it was from a regional school and not a good value addition.

Coming at this juncture where I have worked in multiple domain of the largest bank of India, I found I need an international MBA to put me in next orbit to lead a larger diversified team and need to learn more about strategy. My 4 years stint in New York has made me feel that even more intensely.

Studies and professional certification:

10 and 12th - 80%

1. BSc (Agriculture) - Grade 8.64 out of 10
2. PGDM (Finance)
3. ICWA (inter)
4. FRM (part -1) by GARP, USA
5. Advanced Wealth Management program from IIBF mumbai
6. Diploma in treasury, investment and Risk Management from IIBF
7. Associate from Insurance institute of India
8. ACAMS certified (USA) - Gold certificate in Comliancw
9. CFCS (USA) - related to Crime financing and money laundering
10. GTC (Global Trade certification) by international chamber of commerce

Extracurricular:

1. I am a vivid equity investor in equity market and I love it from my heart.

2. I have taught more than 400 underprivileged students without any fees and got them employed in different govt jobs in India and this has changed their family status.

3. Had been a contributor in multiple NGO and spend my spare time with disabled kids.

3. I have been organizer and class representative all through out my school and college. Organized annual sports, tournaments and cultural programs.

4. By virtues of my post as Branch head in a rural branch in West Bengal I have worked closely in developing self employment of rural women in local 10 villages by forming Self help group. I have financed more than 300 groups in Self Help Group model and through this more than 5000 rural women got self employed and earning their livelihood.

Which school will be suitable for me? Is Rotman a fit for me ?
Is the profile worthy of getting some scholarship if coupled with 700+ GMAT score?

Regards
Rakesh

Posted from my mobile device
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi rakeshglobsyn,

Thank you for sharing your profile. Your profile looks good on the surface. Well, your age is a concern. Why age becomes a crucial factor is because an MBA is designed for people who are at an early stage of their career, and thus MBA helps in giving a great push for their career. Now, how can you make your case more compelling? First, explain why you want to pursue a full-time MBA. Next, consider whether this is the only way to accomplish this. Is it feasible to get an Executive MBA? Consider it and clear your mind with compelling reasons to seek an MBA. The majority of the problem is solved if you are clear about it. You have previously completed a PGDM in India, which takes two years, and you have 11 years of experience in addition to that for a full-time MBA. AdComs will want to know the reasons for this delay, which you will need to present well. Your ECs are great, and you demonstrate some leadership as well.

Overall you have a good profile with good work experience and international exposure as well. A GMAT score of 720 or above will place you in a good position for scholarship consideration. I'd like to understand your post-MBA goals before recommending schools to you. However, if you want to pursue an MBA in Finance, Rotman is a good option. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to the schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

How to Ace Deferred MBA Applications

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Testimonials

rakeshglobsyn wrote:
I have not taken GMAT yet. I shall appreciate a quick prima-facie feedback on my profile.

I am 36 years old and have around 11 years of work ex in bank. I am working with SBI as Chief Manager and heading NRI Branch with business of USD 550 million. I have worked in Corporate banking, Trade finance, Retail banking and my last stint was in New York for 4 years in Sanciton/ Anti money laundering compliance domain. So I have varied level of exposure in bank. I am due for my promotion to Assistant General Manager next year.

I have done PGDM early in my career just after passing from college without any work experience. I neither had maturity or understanding of the basic business world, so as to capitalize on the PDGM program. Secondly it was from a regional school and not a good value addition.

Coming at this juncture where I have worked in multiple domain of the largest bank of India, I found I need an international MBA to put me in next orbit to lead a larger diversified team and need to learn more about strategy. My 4 years stint in New York has made me feel that even more intensely.

10 and 12th - 80%

2. PGDM (Finance)
3. ICWA (inter)

Extracurricular:

2. I have taught more than 400 underprivileged students without any fees and got them employed in different govt jobs in India and this has changed their family status.

3. Had been a contributor in multiple NGO and spend my spare time with disabled kids.

3. I have been organizer and class representative all through out my school and college. Organized annual sports, tournaments and cultural programs.

4. By virtues of my post as Branch head in a rural branch in West Bengal I have worked closely in developing self employment of rural women in local 10 villages by forming Self help group. I have financed more than 300 groups in Self Help Group model and through this more than 5000 rural women got self employed and earning their livelihood.

Is the profile worthy of getting some scholarship if coupled with 700+ GMAT score?

Regards
Rakesh

Send PM
Expert Reply
rakeshglobsyn wrote:

10 and 12th - 80%

2. PGDM (Finance)
3. ICWA (inter)

Extracurricular:

Regards
Rakesh

Hello rakeshglobsyn,

Thanks for writing in.

While you have a fine overall profile, your experience is on the higher side especially for 2-year Canadian programs that generally prefer younger candidates. Hence, we do not recommend that you apply to Rotman irrespective of your GMAT score.

If you already have a prior management education, you may have a good shot at some of the US 1-year programs. Moreover, you should even consider the 1-year programs in Europe as these generally prefer more experienced candidates.

However you proceed eventually, please do check your eligibility with the school with regard to your prior management education. Please also ensure that you express your reasons for pursuing the MBA clearly.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38 (Online)
GMAT 3: 740 Q50 V41 (Online)
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Hi
I would appreciate it if someone could please evaluate my profile for the Rotman Full Time MBA programme

Background: Indian, Female
Undergraduate Degree: BE in Computer Engineering
GPA - 3.3
GMAT: 710- Q49, V39, IR5
Work experience till date: 2 jobs over 3 years 9 months
Job 1: 3 years 4 months as a Business Analyst + Senior Business Analyst.
I was closely involved with identifying data trends, anomalies and potential areas of improvement for BAU.
Job 2: 5 months as Product Analyst at a Unicorn company.
Involves monitoring product performance and working on how to continually upgrade the product for better customer experience.

Extra Curriculars:
Participated in and won a few Debate Competitions in college.
Member of College Annual Fest Organising Committee.
As Vice President of Environment Club in school, played pivotal role in planning, organising and executing Annual tests year after year.
I paint from time to time as a hobby and have been involved in some Volunteering work as well.

Post MBA Goals:
After having gained extensive exposure to data and analytical tools, I want to be in a position to use these tools to drive business decisions. Product Management is what I intend to get into after my MBA.

I am planning for Fall 2023 intake.
Send PM
Expert Reply
VirajA wrote:
Hi
I would appreciate it if someone could please evaluate my profile for the Rotman Full Time MBA programme

GPA - 3.3
I was closely involved with identifying data trends, anomalies and potential areas of improvement for BAU.
Involves monitoring product performance and working on how to continually upgrade the product for better customer experience.

Extra Curriculars:
As Vice President of Environment Club in school, played pivotal role in planning, organising and executing Annual tests year after year.
I paint from time to time as a hobby and have been involved in some Volunteering work as well.

Post MBA Goals:
After having gained extensive exposure to data and analytical tools, I want to be in a position to use these tools to drive business decisions. Product Management is what I intend to get into after my MBA.

Hello VirajA,

Hope this finds you well.

Assuming you have had a fair share of achievements at work, your profile looks fairly decent, if not stellar. Canadian schools (especially Rotman) have become overly competitive in the past few years and look for a spike factor. Thus, we encourage you to improve your GMAT score considering you have time at hand, and then apply. If you are targetting Canada, you must definitely look at applying to the top 5 2-year programs as applying to Rotman alone will prove to be risky.

Good luck!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi VirajA,

Thanks for your Post!

First, I would say that you have an overall decent profile. Starting with the stats, your undergrad GPA is good and you have a quite good GMAT score. But I suggest you retake your GMAT and try to improve your score by 20 points to maximize your chances. Competition is increasing and many Indian applicants apply to Rotman, so you need to put your best foot forward. You may want to read a success story to ROTMAN, it may help you get a better perspective.

Now let’s evaluate each aspect of your profile one by one. You were in a technical role as a Senior Business analyst, so you should definitely add quantified results/ outcomes in your profile to add more value. Furthermore, since you switched your company after about three and half-year to be a Product Analyst at a Unicorn company you can highlight the change in environment, roles & responsibilities, and most importantly, why you believe it was a great decision professionally.

Coming to your ECAs, you do have some good examples but what’s more important is what you do now. You can speak about your hobby and volunteering work. You can add relevant skills developed, challenges faced, leadership examples, and try to bring your unique personality. Your post-MBA goals are realistic and are definitely colinear with your work experience. However, you must understand that besides leadership qualities, Roman looks for Bright, curious, engaged, and candidates who have a passion for business and its possibilities. Hence, you must try to align your profile along with these values.

All in all, you have a good profile. You need to draft amazing essays that mesmerize the adcom (try to add how an MBA from Rotman will help you achieve your post-MBA goals). What’s going to matter most is how you connect the dots and present an impactful narrative. If you’d like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to Rotman. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Insights from an INSEAD Alum on How to Ace Your MBA Application

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Testimonials

VirajA wrote:
Hi

GPA - 3.3

Extra Curriculars:

Post MBA Goals:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38 (Online)
GMAT 3: 740 Q50 V41 (Online)
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,
I would appreciate it if someone could please evaluate my profile for the Rotman MBA programme

Background: Indian, Female
Undergraduate Degree: BE in Computer Engineering
GPA - 3.3
GMAT: 740 - Q50, V41, IR5
Work experience till date: 2 jobs over 4 years
Job 2: Approximately 1 year as Product Analyst at a Unicorn company.

Extra Curriculars:
Painter and Co-Owner of a local arts and craft business specializing in acrylic, glass and water color paintings.
Participated in and won Debate Competitions in college.
As Vice President of Environment Club in school, I played a pivotal role in planning, organising and executing Annual fests year after year.

Post MBA Goals:
Having gained extensive exposure to data and analytical tools, I want to be in a position to use these tools to drive business decisions. Product Management is what I intend to get into after my MBA.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 282
Send PM
Hi! Hoping if someone would be kind enough to evaluate my profile:

Indian, Male, 26

Undergrad: University of Washington, Seattle. BA in Economics.
GPA: 3.2
GMAT: Pending

Full time work experience: 4 years

Job 1: Business Development Executive at an IT company in Seattle. Promoted to Program manager after a year - 1.5 Years on the job

Job 2: Investment Associate at an early stage venture capital firm, leading consumer and climate investments. Currently processed over 20 deals and have a personal portfolio of over 15 companies to look after. 2.5 years + (Presently working)

Other:

Founding Member of India's largest venture capital collective, launching two verticals, with cumulative member strength of 600+ people.

I run a personal newsletter covering various topics. 150+ subscribers

Angel Investor with a personal portfolio of 5 companies

Advisor and mentor to startups and institutions

Post MBA goals: I'd like to join Canada's VC ecosystem, or be part of high-growth early stage startups in Canada. Given the strong nature of climate focussed investments in the region, I find my skill set will be valuable, and my network through rotman would be strong.

Planning for Fall 2023 intake.
Send PM
Expert Reply
RastogiSarthak99 wrote:

Indian, Male, 26

Job 1: Business Development Executive at an IT company in Seattle. Promoted to Program manager after a year - 1.5 Years on the job

Job 2: Investment Associate at an early stage venture capital firm, leading consumer and climate investments. Currently processed over 20 deals and have a personal portfolio of over 15 companies to look after. 2.5 years + (Presently working)

Other:

Founding Member of India's largest venture capital collective, launching two verticals, with cumulative member strength of 600+ people.

Post MBA goals: I'd like to join Canada's VC ecosystem, or be part of high-growth early stage startups in Canada. Given the strong nature of climate focussed investments in the region, I find my skill set will be valuable, and my network through rotman would be strong.

Hello RastogiSarthak99,

Thanks for writing in.

We see a fair bit of leadership experience, professional achievements, and impact-generating points in your profile. The goals too appear to be in strong sync.

If you can supplement your strong profile through a GMAT in excess of 710, as well as a set of compelling essays, we see you have a good chance of making it into Rotman.

All the best!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi, RastogiSarthak99,

Thank you for sharing your profile with us.

First of all, I would like to say you have a good amount of experience and your GPA looks decent. Also, we would suggest adding more about any additional courses, certifications, and academic achievements. Also, it would help if you could add any information about the mock GMAT and when you plan to appear for the actual exam to help us evaluate schools accordingly!

Coming to work experience, your profile looks interesting with a uniform growth trajectory and lots of critical work. Also, I would like you to add some critical projects, stellar leadership examples, and any international exposure/experience and back them up with excellence in the field. Furthermore, as a Founding Member of India's largest venture capital, definitely add extra points for entrepreneurship, keen perception and showcases a Remarkable Achievement in Work. All of which a B-school looks in for an aspiring entrepreneur!

About ECAs, I would suggest adding some community work and social activities to your ECAs, to showcase a sense of social responsibility and highlight major skills developed, leadership roles played, and a bit about the overall experience. Furthermore, you have strong post-MBA goals; all you need to do is align them with your profile and the values that Rotman Business School upholds.

Overall, you have a decent profile; however, your GMAT score would be decisive. Hence, for reference, I suggest you go through our blog on GMAT preparation, you would get some beneficial insights. Moreover, it would also help if we had a greater understanding of your entrepreneurship experience to help you draft stellar essays. If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you sometime this week to discuss your profile in length and further chances to your target MBA programs; feel free to book a free session with us at your convenience.

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Strategy Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials

RastogiSarthak99 wrote:

Indian, Male, 26

Other:

Originally posted by MBAandBeyond on 08 Aug 2022, 08:53.
Last edited by MBAandBeyond on 16 Aug 2022, 08:21, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA and MS Admit Help - Zero Charges

Share your profile and have initial discussion on your goals, we will assist you in essays and recommendations for MBA. We can help you with shortlist of the schools based on your priorities and interests.

We achieved 6 fully funded scholarships and 31 partially funded scholarships from top 25 schools based on USnews in the recent MBA intake and achieved Assistantship for MS programs for fall 2022 :cool:

You can pay only when you get interview call from applied MBA Schools and for MS programs, pay only after you get an admit. So, be assured, we will take your pain on our shoulders for application process for your story.

We are confident on our team of experts who are Alumni from Top schools. We have team of professional writers to Kraft your story as short and precise too.

Reach us on Telegrm for In-dept Analysis
@CracktheAdmit
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
RastogiSarthak99 wrote:

Indian, Male, 26

Other:

First off, let me add that you have a nice quantity of experience and a respectable GPA. Additionally, I advise including extra information about any other courses, certificates, and academic accomplishments. It would also be helpful if you could give any details regarding the practice GMAT and the date that you want to take the real exam so that I can rate schools appropriately.
Regarding work experience, your resume appears intriguing, with a steady growth trend and a tonne of important work. Additionally, I'd like you to support your additions with excellence in the relevant field by mentioning any important projects, outstanding leadership examples, and any international exposure or experience. You can add extra points for entrepreneurship, sharp observation, and showcasing a Remarkable Achievement in Work as a Founding Member of India's largest venture capital, which a business school looks for in a prospective entrepreneur!
Regarding ECAs, I would advise including some community service and social events in your ECAs to emphasize important skills acquired, leadership responsibilities assumed, and a little bit about the whole experience. This will demonstrate a feeling of social responsibility. Your post-MBA objectives are also excellent; all you need to do is match them up with your profile and the principles that Rotman Business School embraces.
Although your profile is decent overall, your GMAT score will be the deciding factor.

If you would like, we can help you with essays and SOPs and other application processes.

We have helped over 5000 students get admit into their dream schools.
If you would like we can set up a free consulting session with you at your convenience

You can set up a Free consulting session with our experts through the link provided:
BOOK YOUR FREE SESSION

In this FREE call, you will be getting:

a)Deep Profile Evaluation: Strengths and Weaknesses

b)Ideal Target Schools for your Profile

c) Timeline for your Applications

d) 3X Admit Chances
_______
Abhyank Srinet
Founder and Head Consultant at MiM Essay

97% Success Rate| 5000+ Admits in Top Schools| 5 Million Euros in Scholarships
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Background and nationality : Indian Male IT (Innovation with ML/AI)
Undergrad Information :Tier 1 Top 10 Indian college, GPA - 3
GMAT: 750 (Q50,V41) AWA6 IR7
Work experience and leadership : Innovation department of a Big IT firm. 3 years, couple of promotions, mentored over 100 students with 40+ innovative projects. Delivered products for healthcare and retail clients. Lead teams of 10+ people. Worked directly with CTOs and Directors.
Community and others : Involved with a few NGOs which work towards eradication of Poverty and illiteracy. Cycling club. Cricket and volleyball teams in college.
Post MBA goals : Tech Management

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   
Moderator:
Stanford and Rotman Moderator
72 posts