It is currently 17 Oct 2017, 01:01


GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance


we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.


Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Rounds Dilemma

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Joined: 08 Dec 2005
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Rounds Dilemma [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jun 2006, 11:02
Hi Omari and Scott,

First good job on your MBA Game Plan book, Its the Bible for MBA Admissions. I am a prospective Applicant applying to Fall 2007 MBA for 5 B Schools.

Round 1 - MIT, Carnegie Mellon, Carlson

Round 2 - Chicago, Wharton

Reason for applying to Chicago and Wharton in Round 2 is that their first rounds are normallin Oct and not in Nov, and I am thinking that extra 1 month can cost me on Application Quality.

So thats why I am applying for their Round 2, deadlines for which is in January.

Now my question is : Lets say If i get through my Round 1 schools and I am waiting for my Round 2 results. Can I defer the Admission decision for some time till I get my Rnd 2 results ? That way I can finally decide from all my admitted schools.

Lets say If I have to accept before the decisions fro Rnd 2 are out, can I still join other school ? I am Foreign Student so will have to convert my H1B to F1, will this have an effect ?

Thanks a lot

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Representative
User avatar
Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Posts: 1114

Kudos [?]: 219 [0], given: 57

Location: Southern California
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2006, 19:05
I think your reasons for applying to Chicago & Wharton in Round 2 make sense. Regarding timing, you may end up getting pinched with the timing. It depends on the school, but you may end up having to make a decision on your R1 schools before you get your R2 decisions. Naturally, these schools want you to decide as quickly as possible, so they can manage their waitlists and acceptance rates for later rounds accordingly.

I'm not 100% sure about your visa question, but I don't expect that you'll have any problems. You may want to check out a site like to get a second opinion. Also, schools' admisisons tend to be very helpful with that sort of info.

Good luck!



Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 219 [0], given: 57

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Rounds Dilemma

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.