GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 06 Jul 2020, 19:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Schulich MMgt fall 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Re: Schulich MMgt fall 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2020, 15:22
DingedAlways wrote:
Thank you for your reply! Do most students have issues finding a job/internship post graduation?

Also, do you have any advice you would give to yourself from a year ago before starting the program?

Posted from my mobile device

REPLY:

Hey there, thanks for the questions!

1) So right now with Corona-virus, we have a very unstable situation with school. We are doing online school and I'm not sure about the summer semester. The reason I say this is because I have to acknowledge the bias of difficulty finding a job now that we have this corona situation. Generally, people who graduate from this program go onto be coordinators or basic kinds of managers. This program has no room for an internship beyond 10 hours a week. So we're not here applying for internships for that reason. If you want to go to the big 4, you have better chances with an MBA. If you want to be a CEO, you get an MBA. So you won't stop at the MMgt if those are your goals. Because we basically spend 99% of the time studying (BE PREPARED FOR THE FAST PACED nature of the program), we were basically trying to apply for jobs in the summer so we don't know yet about jobs. My intention is to graduate and be a manager for a mid-sized company. Getting jobs specifically for MMgt through the career board is way more limited. Jobs are mainly for Finance/Marketing/MBA people.

2) I would say this to myself: you did a good job coming into the program with work experience. Coming straight from undergrad has a lot of disadvantages: lack of maturity, lack of real-world experience, lack of business experience.

My advice to anyone considering the program:

#1: Have some experience in business (accounting, finance, statistics, economics)
#2: If you can't handle learning things on your own, this program isn't for you. There is a LOT of self-learning in this program, I can't stress this enough. This will hit hard for some people who come from humanities and biology-related fields.
#3: If you are not a hard-worker, accept that you will do all of the work lol. Every year, for some reason, there admit a lot of free loaders that ruin the integrity of the program.
#4: Make sure you have enough money to do school. It's not popular for admissions or students to tell you this, but don't rush to be in debt for school. If you can gain work experience and make money, you will be in a comfortable position to start school.
#5: Do your best to network
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2020, 01:25
VeryFranky wrote:
Hey everyone.

I'm a current student in the MMgt program. Let me know if you have any questions and want to hear my honest thoughts about the program ;)

I WILL NOT answer questions about admissions, don't even ask.

I WILL answer questions about program experience and usefulness.

Trust me, you'd rather know now :P

Hey! Just wanted to know, how many students from the MMGT Cohort end up with roles in the strategy industry, in firms like Big 4, MBB, Roland Berger etc?
Intern
Intern
B
Schulich MMgt fall 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2020, 02:37
Anyone here who has applied in Jan. and hasn't heard back from the school?
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2020, 10:14
SD2020 wrote:
Anyone here who has applied in Jan. and hasn't heard back from the school?

I have not yet received any notification from the school.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2020, 03:31
Shaurya3001 wrote:
VeryFranky wrote:
Hey everyone.

I'm a current student in the MMgt program. Let me know if you have any questions and want to hear my honest thoughts about the program ;)

I WILL NOT answer questions about admissions, don't even ask.

I WILL answer questions about program experience and usefulness.

Trust me, you'd rather know now :P

Hey! Just wanted to know, how many students from the MMGT Cohort end up with roles in the strategy industry, in firms like Big 4, MBB, Roland Berger etc?

REPLY:

I know only 1 person who got a position at Deloitte and another at KPMG last year. That's it. It's mostly the MBA program that gets you leverage for big strategy companies.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2020, 22:48
[quote="AnixGmat"]Hey guys,

I received my acceptance letter to the SCHULICH MMgt (R2) about three weeks ago. Looking forward to connecting with some of my fellow students. Hit me up! I'm also open to answering questions regarding my background, interview process, etc.[/quote]

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2020, 23:00
Mon27 wrote:
AnixGmat wrote:
Hey guys,

I received my acceptance letter to the SCHULICH MMgt (R2) about three weeks ago. Looking forward to connecting with some of my fellow students. Hit me up! I'm also open to answering questions regarding my background, interview process, etc.

Hey! Would love to know about your overall profile, if that's not a problem :)
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.78

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2020, 01:00
Mon27 wrote:
AnixGmat wrote:
Hey guys,

I received my acceptance letter to the SCHULICH MMgt (R2) about three weeks ago. Looking forward to connecting with some of my fellow students. Hit me up! I'm also open to answering questions regarding my background, interview process, etc.

How old are you? I'm in the MSCM program and most of the class looks to be on the older side. Would be cool meet some people my age as well
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.78

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2020, 01:26
If anyone has questions regarding housing and or residence, feel free to ask me. I moved here to York off campus housing yesterday (had signed lease before the covid19 pandemic)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2020, 21:41
Has anyone from R3 got any updates from the admissions team yet?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2020, 22:48
Shaurya3001 wrote:

I got my interview call yesterday and I applied in R3 as well. You can send them a follow-up if you are unsure of the current standing.

Can anyone direct me to a group, website, etc. for quick preparation for the interview?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:40
AcousticYash wrote:
Shaurya3001 wrote:

I got my interview call yesterday and I applied in R3 as well. You can send them a follow-up if you are unsure of the current standing.

Can anyone direct me to a group, website, etc. for quick preparation for the interview?

Hey! I did write them a mail, let's see when do I get a reply. When did you submit your application, do you remember the date?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:49
Shaurya3001 wrote:
AcousticYash wrote:
Shaurya3001 wrote:

Hey! I did write them a mail, let's see when do I get a reply. When did you submit your application, do you remember the date?

I applied on 12th March, only a couple hours before the deadline.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 09:56
AcousticYash wrote:
Shaurya3001 wrote:
AcousticYash wrote:
Shaurya3001 wrote:

Same! seems like I didn't get in, if that's the case. No revert from the school yet.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2020, 10:07
Shaurya3001 wrote:
AcousticYash wrote:
Shaurya3001 wrote:
AcousticYash wrote:
Shaurya3001 wrote:

Same! seems like I didn't get in, if that's the case. No revert from the school yet.

My advice would be to wait for their response before jumping to any conclusion. It is too early to lose hope. If it helps, I know people who heard back after 6 weeks of submitting the application.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GRE 1: Q168 V154

GRE 2: Q169 V152
GPA: 3.49
WE: Engineering (Non-Profit and Government)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 11:27
AcousticYash wrote:
Shaurya3001 wrote:

Congratulations AcousticYash

Some of the latest interview experiences are listed in the following link. https://gmatclub.com/forum/schulich-yor ... brief.html

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2020, 22:24
VeryFranky wrote:
DingedAlways wrote:
Thank you for your reply! Do most students have issues finding a job/internship post graduation?

Also, do you have any advice you would give to yourself from a year ago before starting the program?

REPLY:

Hey there, thanks for the questions!

1) So right now with Corona-virus, we have a very unstable situation with school. We are doing online school and I'm not sure about the summer semester. The reason I say this is because I have to acknowledge the bias of difficulty finding a job now that we have this corona situation. Generally, people who graduate from this program go onto be coordinators or basic kinds of managers. This program has no room for an internship beyond 10 hours a week. So we're not here applying for internships for that reason. If you want to go to the big 4, you have better chances with an MBA. If you want to be a CEO, you get an MBA. So you won't stop at the MMgt if those are your goals. Because we basically spend 99% of the time studying (BE PREPARED FOR THE FAST PACED nature of the program), we were basically trying to apply for jobs in the summer so we don't know yet about jobs. My intention is to graduate and be a manager for a mid-sized company. Getting jobs specifically for MMgt through the career board is way more limited. Jobs are mainly for Finance/Marketing/MBA people.

2) I would say this to myself: you did a good job coming into the program with work experience. Coming straight from undergrad has a lot of disadvantages: lack of maturity, lack of real-world experience, lack of business experience.

My advice to anyone considering the program:

#1: Have some experience in business (accounting, finance, statistics, economics)
#2: If you can't handle learning things on your own, this program isn't for you. There is a LOT of self-learning in this program, I can't stress this enough. This will hit hard for some people who come from humanities and biology-related fields.
#3: If you are not a hard-worker, accept that you will do all of the work lol. Every year, for some reason, there admit a lot of free loaders that ruin the integrity of the program.
#4: Make sure you have enough money to do school. It's not popular for admissions or students to tell you this, but don't rush to be in debt for school. If you can gain work experience and make money, you will be in a comfortable position to start school.
#5: Do your best to network

Thank you for this VeryFranky! I am an international student coming into the program without any work experience but I do have 8 months of internship experience spread over my 4 years of undergrad. My undergrad was in Computer Science (not sure if that is relevant). How hard is it for someone like this to land a decent job after the MMgt?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 21:41
Hi Everyone. I got my admit for Sept intake. Looking forward to connecting with some fellow students.
Also please free to reach out if you have any questions.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 08:40
AcousticYash wrote:
Hi Everyone. I got my admit for Sept intake. Looking forward to connecting with some fellow students.
Also please free to reach out if you have any questions.

Congratulations on your admittance AcousticYash! I have my interview set for this coming Monday. As somebody who found success with their interview, would you be able to give me a basic insight on the interview process?
Rotman School Moderator
S
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.7
WE: Account Management (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 08:56
Congratulations AcousticYash. What's the GMAT score and other requirements ?

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Schulich MMgt fall 2020   [#permalink] 18 Apr 2020, 08:56

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 58 posts ] 

Schulich MMgt fall 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: pushpitkc