Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 18:19 It is currently 02 May 2024, 18:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11673 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 122 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
e-GMAT Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 30844 [0]
Given Kudos: 637
GMAT Date: 08-19-2020
Send PM
Share Gmat experience [#permalink]
Expert Reply
andyhan wrote:
Just finished my second Gmat Exam. Sadly it end with score 620 (Q48 and V28). At the first try I score 640 (Q50 and V26). After my first test I decide to join e gmat course. But after 2 months preparing the score is not hardly improve. (in fact it decreased)
Please help me I dont know what to do right now

Hey andyhan,

We are sorry to hear that you did not do well on the test. We are equally surprised at your result since all our metrics predicted a better score on the GMAT. However, is this the first time we have seen this happen? The answer is a resounding - NO. Hence, IMO this score seems to be an outlier. We can definitely turn this around if we work together.

I have analyzed your account and attempt data, and I found that you are a diligent student and have done many things well. However, there are two areas that may have led to such a result –

1) Lack of Test Readiness: While we see a lot of students doing well on hard cementing quizzes, just like you did – there is one last step that ensures you can consistently perform at the 90th percentile level on the test. It’s test readiness and stress testing. During the last two weeks of your preparation, this rigor was missing, and this may have led to stress faults on the test like the ones you faced on your last two Mocks where your CR & RC scores fluctuated heavily. The importance of mastering the transition from an SC to CR or CR to RC question is something that can only come with test readiness. In fact, we ensure every e-GMAT student that is part of our reputed Last Mile Program does this to a tee. (More on this later)

2) Fatigue Failure: Most students out there believe that taking daily tests or Mocks before the test helps them out. I will cite the example of Ojas – I want you to watch his story and learn about his GMAT journey. I'm sure you will find a lot of similarity. As I said, we have seen this before and we have been able to transform failure into success. Ojas was a part of my Last-Mile cohort.

I see the diligence with which you have completed the Verbal course and I think the lack of practice may have done in you in a little bit with Quant. These are issues that are extremely easy to fix.

I would love to offer you a seat in the Last Mile Program and while you may feel lost right now, once you are a part of this program – you’d not only know exactly what you must do, but also why you must do it. The sky is the limit, and we would love the opportunity to help you hit that elusive 98th+ percentile score on the GMAT.

Please write to us at support@e-gmat.com and we will handle it from there on out.

-Dhananjay (aka DJ)
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22121 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Re: Share Gmat experience [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi andyhan,

How are things coming along with your prep? Do you still need advice on how to move forward?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Share Gmat experience [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37348 posts