It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 18:46

Decision(s) Day!:

CHAT Rooms | Ross R1 | Kellogg R1 | Darden R1 | Tepper R1

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Shortlisting b schools

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Shortlisting b schools [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2017, 12:03
Hi,

I'm Rajat. I seek your advice in selecting B schools suitable for me (where i would have a better chance).

I am an engineer from the topmost college in India (IIT). I have a GPA of 2.8 and a GMAT score of 730 (50 PS; 40 Verbal; 5 IR; 5 AWA) and have been working in a market research firm (in India) for 4 years now.

Extra curricular: I have a research paper published in Genetic algorithms, was part of organisation team for my college festivals, was in my college cricket team for 4 years and was head of video club in my college.

I (at least for now) aim to be a consultant but would still like to keep an open mind regarding other fields/professions. It would be great if you could suggest colleges best suited for me (geography no barrier).

Thanks in advance. :)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 40

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Shortlisting b schools [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 09:50
bozofedo wrote:
Hi,

I'm Rajat. I seek your advice in selecting B schools suitable for me (where i would have a better chance).
Hi rajat, thanks for reaching out! I think you have the best odds for admission in R1 and having shown that you have done some very good school specific research about which school and why you want to attend. I don't see these stats making top 5-7 programs an easy pathway, but I do see you presenting with good odds in the earliest round for programs in the lower part of top 20 and also in top 30 programs- many of which are excellent programs. Some that come to mind are: Carnegie Mellon, Emory, Indiana, Rice, Mendoza, Georgetown, vanderbilt, Carlson, Wisconsin, USC Marshall, Rochester Simon and Tippie. I would do some strong research this spring on these programs and then pick 4-6 programs from this group to really target. Talk to ambassadors there, do the webinars, live chats, read the website, follow up with club leaders and pick the schools that resonate most with you and then be ready to submit a R1 application and I think with this strategy you will have success! To get a free consult with us to learn more about how we can help, go to this link: http://stratusadmissionscounseling.com/ ... b-visitor/
I am an engineer from the topmost college in India (IIT). I have a GPA of 2.8 and a GMAT score of 730 (50 PS; 40 Verbal; 5 IR; 5 AWA) and have been working in a market research firm (in India) for 4 years now.

Extra curricular: I have a research paper published in Genetic algorithms, was part of organisation team for my college festivals, was in my college cricket team for 4 years and was head of video club in my college.

I (at least for now) aim to be a consultant but would still like to keep an open mind regarding other fields/professions. It would be great if you could suggest colleges best suited for me (geography no barrier).

Thanks in advance. :)

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 40

Manager
Manager
G
Affiliations: None

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 46

GPA: 3.9
WE: Asset Management (Advertising and PR)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Shortlisting b schools [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2017, 10:18
Hi Rajat,

I strongly believe you have a great profile and in the top 10% I have seen so far.

I would highly recommend you to make a list of your interests as well as locations you want to be in. According to that I suggest you then check the ranking on different platform like FT if you are money minded, GS if you are interested in worldwide locations

Hope it helps!

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 46

Re: Shortlisting b schools   [#permalink] 06 Mar 2017, 10:18

Shortlisting b schools

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap