Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:44 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5426 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Re: Should i mention my previous MBA experience for my future MBA app.? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey nitinjaitely ,

I would not prefer you to mention the same. Since you attended the program for less than a year and that too didn't complete it, I believe it may have a negative impact on your application. If not so, you may have an extra overhead of proving your point.

All the best :)
Admission Consultant
Affiliations: TheIvyLeagueEdge
Own Kudos [?]: 150 [0]
Given Kudos: 153
TheIvyLeagueEdge: Bala
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Yale (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Operations (Other)
Send PM
Re: Should i mention my previous MBA experience for my future MBA app.? [#permalink]
nitinjaitely wrote:
I should have been clearer... It was a part time program and i am working full time. So there isn't any gap. Also, i did not complete a full degree, just a semester. Does that change your answer?

If you were working full time, you don't necessarily have to list your part time academic pursuits, esp if you weren't happy with it. That you decided to quit midway may bring up uncomfortable questions. Best to leave it unmentioned.
Two questions you should ask yourself however,
1) What is it you are seeking from a school and what post-it? (What are your Career goals, therefore what is it in a school that would help... and so on, and why would you expect that "it" to be different at those schools that you apply to hereafter.. Try to write down an answer to this question.
2) Has enrolment and the part time MBA meant your work has gone on the back/side-burner. If yes, you need to be able to jack that up, many notches (if you want to apply to full-time MBAs) .
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
nitinjaitely wrote:
Hello GMAT Club folks,

I am writing this post to get some guidance from the community regarding my resume and whether or not i should mention few things for my future MBA Application.

To fill you guys in, I have been a student at Rotman School of Management for less than a year and attended a full semester of MBA. I have not been very satisfied with the school and have already put my MBA on hold from Rotman. I am looking to apply to a better (super elite) school in the US and was wondering if i should mention anything about Rotman in my application?

I have also been very active while i was at Rotman and have a couple of accomplishments, but again i am not sure if i should mention anything about it. Do you think mentioning anythign about Rotman could negatively impact my application in

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

Hi nitinjaitely,

Considering this was a part-time program and you not mentioning the same will not lead to the creation of a gap in your profile, it is recommended that you avoid mentioning that you ever took this up. This will save you an additional explanation, as well as any negative feedback from the Admission Committee.

All the best!
GMAT Club Bot