GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Aug 2018, 19:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Should I move from Oracle to Google given upward trajectory at Oracle?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Should I move from Oracle to Google given upward trajectory at Oracle?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2017, 14:20
Hi all.

I'm a sales and marketing professional at Oracle. I've been here two and a half years, and have had 2 promotions, first from a Business Dev Rep to a Sr. Business Dev Rep, and then an Account Executive. I've been in the top 20% of the sales force, and have strong relationships with my superiors. I've made an impact, and my superiors have said they'll write strong letters of rec and I could become a manager of a 15 member team within a year if I keep up the good work. I've also taken on leadership positions, like being the President of Toastmasters for our office.

That said, I recently got offered an Account Executive sales/marketing position at Google. The pay is slightly higher, but I would lose all the connections and upward trajectory I've built here at Oracle. That said, it is a great opportunity, and Google has prestige.

From an MBA admissions perspective, should I jump on this opportunity to work at Google? For reference, here are my other stats: 750 GMAT, Georgetown undergrad, 3.8 GPA, Psychology major. For ECs, I've been involved in community organizing fighting the opioid/heroin crisis. My goal with the MBA is to get into a corporate marketing management position at a top f500 company (preferably tech).

I'm aiming for M7, although I'd be fine with a good t15 school.

Thanks!
MBA Decoder Admissions Consultant
P
Re: Should I move from Oracle to Google given upward trajectory at Oracle?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 04:28
dewafjewoifawjfowfaw wrote:
Hi all.

I'm a sales and marketing professional at Oracle. I've been here two and a half years, and have had 2 promotions, first from a Business Dev Rep to a Sr. Business Dev Rep, and then an Account Executive. I've been in the top 20% of the sales force, and have strong relationships with my superiors. I've made an impact, and my superiors have said they'll write strong letters of rec and I could become a manager of a 15 member team within a year if I keep up the good work. I've also taken on leadership positions, like being the President of Toastmasters for our office.

That said, I recently got offered an Account Executive sales/marketing position at Google. The pay is slightly higher, but I would lose all the connections and upward trajectory I've built here at Oracle. That said, it is a great opportunity, and Google has prestige.

From an MBA admissions perspective, should I jump on this opportunity to work at Google? For reference, here are my other stats: 750 GMAT, Georgetown undergrad, 3.8 GPA, Psychology major. For ECs, I've been involved in community organizing fighting the opioid/heroin crisis. My goal with the MBA is to get into a corporate marketing management position at a top f500 company (preferably tech).

I'm aiming for M7, although I'd be fine with a good t15 school.

Thanks!

If the job profile at Google is better and more aligned with what you wish to do after the MBA, you should go for it.
Google is a great brand name to have on your resume, and you really can't lose your network so long as you maintain your relationships with people.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772, +91(80) 40931397
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

SERVICES| PROFILE DISCUSSION | BLOG

Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Should I move from Oracle to Google given upward trajectory at Oracle?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2017, 19:47
Wow what it seems like you have some profile. Congrats on the hard work at Oracle it seems like you are a rock star and Google or not would be a great candidate for any program. Now I think Google is Google and whether for admissions sake or for your post career having Google on your resume does matter.

If you were not pursuing an MBA I would tell you to stay at Oracle I would strongly consider Google especially from the prestige factor, especially if the role or future opportunities align with your career goals this could be really meaningful for you.

You can't go wrong with either decision especially with your profile. Good luck with your decision #HoyaSaxa

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Should I move from Oracle to Google given upward trajectory at Oracle? &nbs [#permalink] 04 Dec 2017, 19:47

Should I move from Oracle to Google given upward trajectory at Oracle?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap