GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jan 2019, 04:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Free GMAT Strategy Webinar

January 19, 2019

January 19, 2019

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Aiming to score 760+? Attend this FREE session to learn how to Define your GMAT Strategy, Create your Study Plan and Master the Core Skills to excel on the GMAT.
  • FREE Quant Workshop by e-GMAT!

January 20, 2019

January 20, 2019

Get personalized insights on how to achieve your Target Quant Score.

Strategy for to target 720+

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Quant   Verbal   

Intern
Intern
B
Strategy for to target 720+  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jan 2019, 00:32
Hi,

After a delay of 2 years (approx), I now want to start with serious GMAT prep. In these 2 years, I have started with my preps thrice but could never complete it owing to hectic work schedule. But this time now, I want to adamant on giving the exam and aim to give my first shot in April 2019.

When I started and without any practice, my first Mock gave a result of 520 (pretty sad i know) but then i went onto to brush up my basics and enrolled for e-gmat curricular as well. I practiced through GMAC OC (sans strategy) and after 3/4 mocks I reached a score of 610 (though cant stay i'll start with that as I haven't practiced for more than 3/4 months).

My problem at the moment is, I do not understand where to pick things up from now and how to go about it. What strategy should I follow to have an effective GMAT plan. Though I am quitting my old job now and joining a new one, I need to make sure that I do enough this time to give the exam.

Is there anyone who could help me with the formulation of the strategy?

TIA
Archi
Manager
Manager
B
CAT Tests
Re: Strategy for to target 720+  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2019, 13:00
archimaitreya25 wrote:
Hi,

After a delay of 2 years (approx), I now want to start with serious GMAT prep. In these 2 years, I have started with my preps thrice but could never complete it owing to hectic work schedule. But this time now, I want to adamant on giving the exam and aim to give my first shot in April 2019.

When I started and without any practice, my first Mock gave a result of 520 (pretty sad i know) but then i went onto to brush up my basics and enrolled for e-gmat curricular as well. I practiced through GMAC OC (sans strategy) and after 3/4 mocks I reached a score of 610 (though cant stay i'll start with that as I haven't practiced for more than 3/4 months).

My problem at the moment is, I do not understand where to pick things up from now and how to go about it. What strategy should I follow to have an effective GMAT plan. Though I am quitting my old job now and joining a new one, I need to make sure that I do enough this time to give the exam.

Is there anyone who could help me with the formulation of the strategy?

TIA
Archi

Brush up your concepts quickly and go through basic and medium level questions. Keep skipping alternate questions, while you increase level of difficulty with every question, until you reach to the point where you accuracy falls between 60-70. At this point, attempt most of the questions, and don't just solve questions but try to learn concepts and approach.
This way, you'll imorove quickly.

Then you'll need to build a strategy and timings for exam. Practice on lots of mock tests for that.

Remember, GMAT do not check your English rather your thinking ability and approach. Try to make sense in SC and CR. That'll be sufficient for verbal.

Please give kudos.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Strategy for to target 720+ &nbs [#permalink] 12 Jan 2019, 13:00

Strategy for to target 720+

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap