Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 18:10 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 189 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 485 [1]
Given Kudos: 839
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
Own Kudos [?]: 7629 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Send PM
Re: Stuck at 630 [#permalink]
Top Contributor
Hi Muskaan15

We would want to take a pause here and ask you that as you gained clarity and realized that you have been studying for 3 months but still didn't see much improvement, what were the steps taken by you to identify the open ends and the fault zones?
Have you realized them already on your own?
What have you done to amend those points of concern?
How many hours of study you have dedicated on your weekdays and weekends?
How well have you analyzed the errors(both OG and Mocks)?
Are you prone to watching solutions immediately when you are unable to solve?
We would request you some information to analyze and suggest.
We look ahead for your response.

Thank You
CrackVerbal Academics
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Stuck at 630 [#permalink]
Kudos
CrackVerbalGMAT

We would want to take a pause here and ask you that as you gained clarity and realized that you have been studying for 3 months but still didn't see much improvement, what were the steps taken by you to identify the open ends and the fault zones?
-I've not prepared an error log yet but I have a rough idea of my weak topics. In Quant mainly Probability, Exponents, etc and in Verbal questions related to Inference, Assumption, Strengthen, Weaken and in RC where I have trouble understanding the context of tough- language paras. No matter how many concept videos I watch or attempt tests, I'm not able to get the right answer even after analysing properly.
Though I'm not sure about my weak areas if I have more or not.

Have you realized them already on your own?
-I have a rough idea but I'm not sure about my weak areas if I have more weak areas or not.

What have you done to amend those points of concern?
-I tried to go through more concept videos from different sites but it wasn't of much help

How many hours of study you have dedicated on your weekdays and weekends?
-I can study throughout the week with no timing problem. But I have only 15 days to improve my score. I can study day and night but cannot take the exam after 15th July.

How well have you analyzed the errors(both OG and Mocks)?
-I have analysed all my Mocks and OG properly.

Are you prone to watching solutions immediately when you are unable to solve?
-I take some time after completing a test before analysing. Sometimes hours, sometimes next day.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
Own Kudos [?]: 7629 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Send PM
Top Contributor
Hi Muskaan15

Thank you for the inputs.
At the outset, we shall suggest you that at this stage, a rough idea may not be sufficient.
You need to have absolute clarity on the types of error you have been committing throughout.
You have stated" I'm not sure about my weak areas if I have more or not".
You have also mentioned, "No matter how many concept videos I watch or attempt tests, I'm not able to get the right answer even after analysing properly".
Let us be a little honest here and say, that you have "looked" at the errors but not "observed" them. You haven't been able to analyze them according to the GMAT requirements yet.
If we broadly say, "I know the concepts but I am not able to apply them", it is not sufficient to diagnose the issue and eliminate them from your practice and prep.

So, we suggest, go back to the errors committed and take a few hours of realizing what kind of errors have been committed in most of the questions. There definitely will be a pattern.

Are they related to extracting inputs from the question stem?

Are they broadly errors because you could not breakdown the question stem?

Are they errors, mainly of comprehending the question stem and analyzing the statements?

Or are they errors which are committed due to loss of focus/error due to missing out on important inputs subconsciously?

Once you have realized the type of error(s) that have affected most of your incorrect attempts, work on that error(s) from all topics and make sure that you don't commit them anymore. Develop a sensitivity to such errors and your natural reflexes will prohibit you from committing those type of errors them. But for that, you have to know "accurately".

GMAT is not calculation intensive. Its logic intensive. Determine the exact flaws you have been committing in applying through the logical steps necessary to reach an answer.
For ex, if you have not been efficiently using the right plugins to test under 2min,analyze-Do you randomly use plug ins?
If so then stop that practice and imagine a number line and chose values from the 4 intervals(1-infinity/0 to 1/0 to -1/ -1 to -infinity along with the values of 0,-1 and 1) in questions across all the topics.
Your natural reflexes then will not support you to pick up any random values next from such plug in based questions from any topic.

Next, organize your prep around these 15 days and stick to it diligently.

Watching concept videos from multiple sites may leave you confused as to which strategy you should adopt and adapt. This is because different test prep brands have different strategies that they recommend.

Stick to one verified source that aligns with your pattern of thinking and the one with which you connect easily.

If you introspect, then plan, organize and execute, the chance of your not making to the target score is low.

Also, add 2 days of revision where you practice advanced questions on areas that you have practiced through the week.

A revision day will help you feel confident and certain of your progress of the past few days.

The bright line here is you have completed the OG and you do not see solutions immediately.

We are sure that with a new aspect of preparation(that of accurate error analysis),you will recognise the elements of prep that the fine tuning and do better.

We wish you all the best. You can reach out to us for further queries.

Thank You
CrackVerbal Academics
GMAT Club Bot