It is currently 17 Dec 2017, 17:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Suggestions

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Suggestions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2017, 23:14
Hi everyone,

I am just starting of with my MBA journey. I am planning to appear for gmat by December this year and targeting US B schools for September 2018 intake.

I'll detail out my profile below, so if you can please recommend some b schools i should start working on that would be great.

10th grade -8 cgpa
12 th grade - 88 % (commerce)

Bachelor's - B.Com(h) - 79.5 % from Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, Delhi University

Leadership aspect -
-Head of Commerce Society in college,
-Senior Coordinator for Placement & Training Cell
-Founder of Consulting Club

Social Aspect - Involved with a NGO part time.

Gmat - Expecting somewhere in the 600's. Not really good with tests like these and hence not expecting a great score.

Work Experience - 1 year in Audit with Ernst & Young(EY).

Presently not employed.

I understand that my work exp and gnat score is not im.my favour, but i really want to know the B Schools i can apply considering this present profile.

Also, please feel free to recommend other countries , career suggestions taking my profile into account.

Thanks !

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Expert Post
Admissionado
G

Kudos [?]: 1002 [0], given: 49

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Suggestions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2017, 02:03
parthwadhwa wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am just starting of with my MBA journey. I am planning to appear for gmat by December this year and targeting US B schools for September 2018 intake.

I'll detail out my profile below, so if you can please recommend some b schools i should start working on that would be great.

10th grade -8 cgpa

Bachelor's - B.Com(h) - 79.5 % from Delhi College of Arts and Commerce, Delhi University

Leadership aspect -

Gmat - Expecting somewhere in the 600's. Not really good with tests like these and hence not expecting a great score.

Presently not employed.

I understand that my work exp and gnat score is not im.my favour, but i really want to know the B Schools i can apply considering this present profile.

Also, please feel free to recommend other countries , career suggestions taking my profile into account.

Thanks !

Hey dude,
Well it's not so much that application is "not in your favor with one year experience, but rather that with 5 years experience being the average for an MBA, ad seven for Indian applicants it makes no sense whatsoever for you to entertain the idea of doing an MBA at this point. Rather you should be planning for three years in the future.

I think at this point, the question is more of: What can you do to improve your profile over the next years???

I would like to present you with a list of ideas, which should help you:

- Definitely do at least one if not real real volunteer works while you are working. the BEST possible volunteer work is anything that has to do with leadership or fundraising, so if you see those opportunities, jump on them!

- Make sure you do the best possible at work, taking any opportunities to lead, to get involved in social events, to advance.

- Likewise try and keep up your life! What I mean is that schools LOVE candidates who have a broad range of activities and interests.

- If you have any interest in entrepreneurship as a side project, it can be good to have that in your profile.

- If you have any interest in politics as a side project, it can be good to have that in your profile.

There are probably more things that I am not yet thinking about, but this is a very good place to start!

You are also welcome to try out our Advanced Planning Package: http://admissionado.com/mba/mba-advance ... n=mba_blog

Best,
Jon

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Kudos [?]: 1002 [0], given: 49

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2017, 04:02
Thanks Jon for the quick reply. But let's say, that i still want to go ahead for my mba next year, Van you please provide me a list of b schools where i can possibly get an admit ?

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2017, 11:43
It will be hard to give you some real suggestions without you having taken the GMAT. I would pop back either after you have taken the GMAT or taken a few practice exams so you have a better picture of where you might land otherwise we would just be taking a shot in the dark. As stated above your work experience will be a problem as there is not much of signal to schools of your career potential yet so some more work experience would be in your favor. I understand you are asking where you could land with your current profile, which is not a problem but update your question with your GMAT score and we can best help you out here with suggestions

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 54

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2017, 02:05
parthwadhwa wrote:
Hi everyone,

10th grade -8 cgpa

Leadership aspect -

Presently not employed.

Thanks !

Hi Parth,

You should check out Masters in management programs and MFA/MFin programs, which attract people with lesser work experience (yes, 0 experience onwards!!)

For a regular MBA, you should be considering its longer term impact on your professional profile. You may get into some b-school with a low GMAT, minimal work experience and a career break, but that program may not be good from an academic and career perspective.

An MBA is an investment of time and money (significant amount, esp. for an Indian, with the $$ to INR conversion). Getting into an MBA now may solve the purpose of well, completing your MBA. But it may not add much to your profile at all.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 54

Re: Suggestions   [#permalink] 02 Sep 2017, 02:05

Suggestions

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap