It is currently 18 Dec 2017, 10:15

Final Week of R1 Decisions:

CHAT Rooms | MIT Sloan | McCombs 

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all Admitted Students!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 8

Concentration: General Management
Schools: Tepper '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.45
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all Admitted Students! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2014, 06:04
farful wrote:
Someone should correct me if I'm wrong, but the idea is that you will get multiple admits to different schools. So as a consumer, you want to make the best informed decision and the admit student weekend is great way to do this! During the admit student weekend, schools will put on a show and give you reasons as to why you should attend their school. They want you to choose them!

Tepper is the only school I know where the deposit date is before the admit student weekend. Most schools have their admit student weekends throughout April, with their first deposit around May 1. They're basically not giving the students a chance to see what Tepper has to offer through their admit weekend and want students to make up their minds before Tepper's marketing pitch.

I think there's a lot of students on Tepper's waitlist this year. I'm assuming that they made an early deposit date so that if someone doesn't have a serious inkling to go Tepper, they will not put a deposit down. That way the school can open some spots up to people on the waitlist a little bit earlier than some other schools may be able to.

If you're really on the fence, you could put the deposit down at two schools until you visit during the admitted students weekend.

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 8

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V44

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2014, 11:18
farful wrote:
Someone should correct me if I'm wrong, but the idea is that you will get multiple admits to different schools. So as a consumer, you want to make the best informed decision and the admit student weekend is great way to do this! During the admit student weekend, schools will put on a show and give you reasons as to why you should attend their school. They want you to choose them!

Tepper is the only school I know where the deposit date is before the admit student weekend. Most schools have their admit student weekends throughout April, with their first deposit around May 1. They're basically not giving the students a chance to see what Tepper has to offer through their admit weekend and want students to make up their minds before Tepper's marketing pitch.

I've had this experience as well with Tepper's deposit deadline, but if you explain to their admit office your situation, they will more than likely grant you an extension. Give it a shot!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2014, 14:49
How was welcome weekend?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2014, 15:42
sayno wrote:
DMNY31 wrote:
Current first-year here. Please let me know if any of you have any questions.

Dear DMNY31,
any current 1st/2nd year from Indonesia? can't seem to find one from the "contact a current student" menu in the website.

My answer comes in a little late but we met a lovely 2nd year student from Indonesia, she was doing so well! I'm so sad I can't find her card, but she was there!

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 314 [0], given: 145

GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2014, 13:06
mrzod wrote:
How was welcome weekend?

Swag-heaven!

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Schools: Tepper '16 (WA)

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2014, 07:03
Does anyone know when we can start registering for classes? Just as a general poll, are most of you guys morning people or afternoon people in terms of course time preferences?

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 17

Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.24
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2014, 19:18
Folks, I got admitted today from wait list. I live near Hartford, CT and I have never been to Pittsburgh. Can any one of advise me how I can arrange a house either in shadyside or Squirel hill area? I will be living there with my wife.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2014, 03:23
sayanji wrote:
Folks, I got admitted today from wait list. I live near Hartford, CT and I have never been to Pittsburgh. Can any one of advise me how I can arrange a house either in shadyside or Squirel hill area? I will be living there with my wife.

Hello from New Haven! You should be given access to a Facebook group soon - you can ask current students there or the partners club can help look at places for you.

Also, there's a meetup in CT (around New Canaan/Wilton... pretty far) next week for alums/current/prospective student that you should try to attend.

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.24
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2014, 09:33
farful wrote:
sayanji wrote:

Hello from New Haven! You should be given access to a Facebook group soon - you can ask current students there or the partners club can help look at places for you.

Also, there's a meetup in CT (around New Canaan/Wilton... pretty far) next week for alums/current/prospective student that you should try to attend.

Thanks farful!. I will try to do that!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2014, 16:01
I got accepted yesterday. If I get an acceptance from McCombs by Friday (I asked for an early decision), I may decide to go there.

Question that came up with my friend that I haven't considered before. This will be my first move out of the city. How do people move all their stuff when moving? I live in NYC (Brooklyn, technically) and I'm wondering, would moving my stuff be feasible by bus or plain, do I have to get movers or something (seems like a lot of money). I know this might sound silly and I'm sure there's a way. I was thinking maybe taking a couple of trips if I can't take all of my stuff and move there.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2014, 18:02
It really depends on how much stuff you have to move, but I'd say most people rent a truck (U-Haul, Penske, Budget, etc).

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 11 Jun 2014, 18:08
farful wrote:
It really depends on how much stuff you have to move, but I'd say most people rent a truck (U-Haul, Penske, Budget, etc).

I live in NY and am an inexperienced driver, no way do I drive anything much less a truck to Pittsburgh. How much would it cost to have someone drive that stuff?

I'm thinking I can some get some stuff and have the rest sent to me by mail.

Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all Admitted Students!   [#permalink] 11 Jun 2014, 18:08

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 32 posts ] 

Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all Admitted Students!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: abhimahna

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap