It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 23:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

TFA Transitioning to Consulting; Thanks for Your Help!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.9
TFA Transitioning to Consulting; Thanks for Your Help! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 09:55
irst off, thanks so much for doing this! I've completed my profile and wanted an assessment of what schools I might fit in.

Education: 2.9 GPA at Ivy undergrad while an athlete and triple majoring. I was also a chemistry major for 2 years and this killed my GPA. I realize this is very low, so I've taken 3 advanced math courses online and have received an "A-" or an "A" in all of them.

GMAT: 750 (50Q/42V)

Work Experience: Started in I-Banking but moved to TFA. Promoted at TFA and achieved highest results with students at school. Also started a mentoring program for students that changed culture and created a data analytics program for teachers that increased student achievement by 21% on state standardized test. After TFA I joined one of top schools in my state and have continued to push my students to achieve highly. I've also been selected to a number of leadership roles at my current school, including a committee that reviews the district budget.

LOR: One strong and one very strong from current supervisors. However, their enthusiasm for me probably needs to be tempered with the fact that they have never written a business school LOR before.

Extra Curriculars: Heavily involved with education non-profit. Also a mentor with a refugee non-profit. Division 1 athlete as an undergrad. I interview prospective undergrads for my alma matter for admissions (last 3 years). I also am a part of a nationally ranked competitive trivia team (It sounds ridiculous, I know. But it is a thing!).

Demographics: 27 year old white male.

Post MBA Goals: Transition to consulting with EdTech as a backup option.

Stretch Schools: Tuck, Yale SOM, Kellogg, CBS, Sloan, Wharton

Target Schools: Ross, Fuqua

Safety Schools: McCombs, Tepper, Cornell

I'm just trying to get an idea of what my chances are at these schools or where I should apply. Any help would be much appreciated!

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

Re: TFA Transitioning to Consulting; Thanks for Your Help! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2017, 08:51
Thanks so much for sharing your profile. Fantastic GMAT score along with an impressive and diverse set of work experience that will really help you out in the process. Also, well aligned and ECs with good depth and leadership experience. You are coming from the competitive white male demo and you also have a low GMAT so I think that will keep you out of range for Wharton and Sloan. Kellogg will remain a slight reach but I think you have a shot at that school along with the others you have listed

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
B

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.9

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 07:33
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
Thanks so much for sharing your profile. Fantastic GMAT score along with an impressive and diverse set of work experience that will really help you out in the process. Also, well aligned and ECs with good depth and leadership experience. You are coming from the competitive white male demo and you also have a low GMAT so I think that will keep you out of range for Wharton and Sloan. Kellogg will remain a slight reach but I think you have a shot at that school along with the others you have listed

Thanks so much for your response! Just wanted to double check since you said that I have both a fantastic GMAT score and a low GMAT. Are you saying that 750 is low for my white male demographic at Sloan and Wharton?

Thanks again!

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2017, 11:59
Sorry that was a typo I was referring to your GPA as low your GMAT is very strong for any demographic! With regards to your GPA being an athlete with a challenging IVY course load will be received accordingly as well, your high GMAT should reinforce you are a bright guy.

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

TFA Transitioning to Consulting; Thanks for Your Help!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap