GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 07:29

R1 Decisions:

Michigan Ross Chat (US calls are expected today)  |  UCLA Anderson Chat  (Calls expected to start at 7am PST; Applicants from Asia will hear first)

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • 10 Keys to nail DS and CR questions

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

06:00 PM PST

07:00 PM PST

Join our live webinar and learn how to approach Data Sufficiency and Critical Reasoning problems, how to identify the best way to solve each question and what most people do wrong.
  • R1 Admission Decisions: Estimated Decision Timelines and Chat Links for Major BSchools

December 17, 2018

December 17, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

From Dec 5th onward, American programs will start releasing R1 decisions. Chat Rooms: We have also assigned chat rooms for every school so that applicants can stay in touch and exchange information/update during decision period.

The E-GMAT Number Properties Knockout: 10 Great 700+ Ques for you!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

e-GMAT Representative
D
The E-GMAT Number Properties Knockout: 10 Great 700+ Ques for you!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 13 Aug 2018, 02:03
Dear Students

You’re working hard towards your dream Quant score. But in order to get there, you first have to cross the hurdle of 700+ level questions. These questions are demanding beasts – Clarity of Concepts is enough to answer lesser questions, but 700+ level questions also demand Clarity of Thought. Without it, you’ll likely fall right into the traps that the question architect has designed for you!

Trust us when we say this. We speak from the experience of helping thousands of students to improve their Quant scores dramatically.

Do you want to test if you will be one of the lucky ones who cross the hurdle of 700+ level questions?

Try The E-GMAT Number Properties Knockout

Please find below a list of 10 questions – all of 700 + level . These questions are designed to test:

i) Your Clarity of the following Concepts:
a. Even-Odd
b. Primes
c. LCM-GCD

ii) Your Clarity of Thought

To make the most of this opportunity, we suggest that you:
i) Not only solve the questions but also
ii) Post your analysis/doubts in the same thread.

Our experts will be working closely with you to help you build greater confidence over your Number Properties skills.

That is not all! We have more free goodies lined up for you – Register here for our FREE SESSION on Number Properties (held every 3 weeks) to get more than 10 new 700+ level questions on the concepts tested in this Knockout. What’s even better – the Free Session is an excellent platform for you to ask your subject matter or preparation strategy doubts to our Experts and they’ll address them in real-time!

Wish you all the very best for the Knockout! :-)

Here are the questions!

Question 1
Question 2
Question 3
Question 4
Question 5
Question 6
Question 7
Question 8
Question 9
Question 10

Click here for more fresh questions and must-read articles on what to do and what not to do in GMAT Quant.

Register for free sessions
Number Properties | Algebra |Quant Workshop

Success Stories
Guillermo's Success Story | Carrie's Success Story

Ace GMAT quant
Articles and Question to reach Q51 | Question of the week

Must Read Articles
Number Properties – Even Odd | LCM GCD | Statistics-1 | Statistics-2 | Remainders-1 | Remainders-2
Word Problems – Percentage 1 | Percentage 2 | Time and Work 1 | Time and Work 2 | Time, Speed and Distance 1 | Time, Speed and Distance 2
Advanced Topics- Permutation and Combination 1 | Permutation and Combination 2 | Permutation and Combination 3 | Probability
Geometry- Triangles 1 | Triangles 2 | Triangles 3 | Common Mistakes in Geometry
Algebra- Wavy line | Inequalities

Practice Questions
Number Properties 1 | Number Properties 2 | Algebra 1 | Geometry | Prime Numbers | Absolute value equations | Sets

| '4 out of Top 5' Instructors on gmatclub | 70 point improvement guarantee | www.e-gmat.com

Originally posted by EgmatQuantExpert on 08 Apr 2015, 03:15.
Last edited by EgmatQuantExpert on 13 Aug 2018, 02:03, edited 12 times in total.
e-GMAT Representative
D
Re: The E-GMAT Number Properties Knockout: 10 Great 700+ Ques for you!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 06 Aug 2018, 22:36
Dear Students,

Thank you for your enthusiastic participation :-D. Your analysis and queries really made the discussion worth while.

We hope you enjoyed the challenge! The questions demanded both Clarity of Concepts and Clarity of Thought. You must do a thorough review of the questions that you couldn’t answer correctly. Make a note of the mistakes that you did, and devise the strategies to avoid those mistakes in the future.

We have attached a summary file of the Number Properties Knockout Challenge capturing all the questions, their solutions and key takeaways for your detailed study.

To practice more of such questions and to improve your understanding of conceptual nuances, register for our free trial at https://e-gmat.com/registration/. Our Free Trial will provide you:

1. A Quant Diagnostic Test to assess your overall level of preparedness for GMAT Quant
2. Fully audio-visual concept files
3. Lots of practice questions

All our concepts files and practice questions are Audio Visual designed specially to help you understand and apply the concepts better and ace the GMAT!!

Wish you all the best for a great GMAT score!

Attachments

File comment: e-GMAT NP-Knockout Challenge Summary
e-GMAT NP-Knockout Challenge Summary.pdf [611.67 KiB]
Downloaded 1177 times

To download please login or register as a user

Originally posted by EgmatQuantExpert on 13 Apr 2015, 21:11.
Last edited by EgmatQuantExpert on 06 Aug 2018, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Re: The E-GMAT Number Properties Knockout: 10 Great 700+ Ques for you!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 May 2015, 11:17
I always thought that I have a good hold on number properties until....
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2015, 07:12
Hello EGmat,

Thanks for such a nice free video for prime numbers.
I really liked it.

I have a doubt regarding the last question tough.

The question is A and B are positive integers. Is A/B also an integer.
A all factors of B are also factors of A
B all prime factors of B are also factors of A

The answer you explained is A

I agree and got the concept of difference between prime factors and factors of a number.

But, shouldn't you say somewhere in question question explicitly that A> B to hold A to be true.
There is a possibility of it too.. If that's the case, answer should be E right?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2016, 10:10
shrashtisinghal

In the question,

" The question is A and B are positive integers. Is A/B also an integer.
A all factors of B are also factors of A
B all prime factors of B are also factors of A"

A/B will be an integer only if A>=B. Thus it is not required to mention this separately in the question.
Manager
Manager
G
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 4
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2017, 08:30
Thanks for such a great post.

Non-Human User
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2018, 07:44
Hello from the GMAT Club BumpBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.

GMAT Books | GMAT Club Tests | Best Prices on GMAT Courses | GMAT Mobile App | Math Resources | Verbal Resources

GMAT Club Bot
Re: The E-GMAT Number Properties Knockout: 10 Great 700+ Ques for you! &nbs [#permalink] 22 Feb 2018, 07:44

The E-GMAT Number Properties Knockout: 10 Great 700+ Ques for you!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap