Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [2]
Given Kudos: 276
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [1]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: The Fountain of Time sculpture is a monument to the first 100 years of [#permalink]
Hello,just as I stated in the post.For the answer choice C the second "and" looks suspicious to me.Thanks in advance
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
Own Kudos [?]: 7627 [1]
Given Kudos: 215
Send PM
Re: The Fountain of Time sculpture is a monument to the first 100 years of [#permalink]
Kudos
Muammer wrote:
Hello,just as I stated in the post.For the answer choice C the second "and" looks suspicious to me.Thanks in advance

Hi Muammer

The usage of the second "and" by itself is not problematic. It depends on what the conjunction "and" is used to join in the two separate instances in which it is used.

Let us look at the sentence, as completed by Option (C).

The Fountain of Time sculpture is a monument to the first 100 years of peace between the United States and Great Britain and is located within Washington Park in Chicago’s South Side.

The first "and" is used to connect US and Great Britain ie; to say that the peace being referred to was between these two countries. The second "and" is used to connect the clauses "a monument to the first 100 years of peace between the United States and Great Britain" and " is located within Washington Park..." ie; to give two different pieces of information about the Fountain of Time sculpture.

Since the conjuction is used in two places to connect two completely different constructs in the sentence, there is nothing wrong with this usage.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Dear participants,

It seems to me, that in this adjusted sentence "The Fountain of Time sculpture is a monument to the first 100 years of peace between the United States and Great Britain and is located within Washington Park in Chicago’s South Side", we need to add "it" before "is located within " -- so we get " ... Great Britain and it is located within Washington Park in Chicago’s South Side".
Can somone pls give a hand?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts