GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jan 2019, 09:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
303112345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
272829303112
Open Detailed Calendar

The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

 
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
User avatar
P
Status: GMAT and GRE tutor
Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Posts: 2247
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2018, 15:17
1
rakeshachanta wrote:
Why 6th question is "C"?Can anyone please explain?Thanks in advance

This was very nicely explained by MagooshExpert (hi Carolyn!) in the previous post: https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-new-scho ... l#p2066547.

jawele wrote:
3. It can be inferred that the author of the passage quotes Baker directly in the second paragraph primarily in order to

(A) clarify a position before providing an alternative to that position
(B) differentiate between a novel definition and traditional definitions
(C) provide an example of a point agreed on by different generations of scholars
(D) provide an example of the prose style of an important historian
(E) amplify a definition given in the first paragraph Made a mistake here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's wrong because there is no actual definition given in the first paragraph.

... also, we are told that Paula Baker redefined “political activity.” Her definition of politics would be different that the traditional definition. So even if the first paragraph had a definition, Paula's definition would not AMPLIFY the definition in the first paragraph.
_________________

GMAT Club Verbal Expert | GMAT/GRE tutor @ www.gmatninja.com (Now hiring!) | Instagram | Food blog | Notoriously bad at PMs

Beginners' guides to GMAT verbal
Reading Comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Sentence Correction

YouTube LIVE verbal webinars
Series 1: Fundamentals of SC & CR | Series 2: Developing a Winning GMAT Mindset

SC & CR Questions of the Day (QOTDs), featuring expert explanations
All QOTDs | Subscribe via email | RSS

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja in your post. Priority is always given to official GMAT questions.

Sentence Correction articles & resources
How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and other articles & resources
All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99 | Time management on verbal

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2018
Posts: 1
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2018, 01:21
Can someone explain how the answer is B

The information in the passage suggests that a pre1960’s political historian would have been most likely to undertake which of the following studies?

An analysis of voting trends among women voters of the 1920’s
A study of male voters’ gradual ideological shift from party politics to issue-oriented politics
A biography of an influential nineteenth century minister of foreign affairs
An analysis of narratives written by previously unrecognized women activities
A study of voting trends among naturalized immigrant laborers in a nineteenth-century logging camp
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Aug 2018
Posts: 61
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 00:48
spatel2 wrote:
B, D, B, E, A, C

9:07 for 4 questions :)

10:40 for all 6 questions

Here to help if anyone needs dissection of this passage. :)

Any and all Kudos are appreciated


Could you help in how the answer is B in the 3rd question of this passage? Where did you get the hint?

Thanks
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Apr 2018
Posts: 108
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GPA: 3.56
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 01:34
hongg7 wrote:
spatel2 wrote:
B, D, B, E, A, C

9:07 for 4 questions :)

10:40 for all 6 questions

Here to help if anyone needs dissection of this passage. :)

Any and all Kudos are appreciated


Could you help in how the answer is B in the 3rd question of this passage? Where did you get the hint?

Thanks


Although, I got this wrong (my option was 'E' but learnt how from explanation above by GMATninja), I figured out how 'B' is the answer.
I will try my bit to explain, what I understood:

This is an inference question - meaning it has to be true (in all conditions and not on some 'if's) though not defined directly.
As elaborated b GMATNinja, second paragraph in the passage begins with,
" By redefining “political activity,” historian Paula Baker has developed.....". This clearly indicates that she has surpassed/distinguished herself from the previous two streams of thoughts.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
The Graceful

_________________



The Graceful
----------------------------------------------------------
Every EXPERT was a beginner once...
Don't look at the clock. Do what it does, keep going
..
To achieve great things, two things are needed:a plan and not quite enough time - Leonard Bernstein.

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Apr 2018
Posts: 108
Concentration: Leadership, Operations
GPA: 3.56
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 01:40
kanak123 wrote:
Can someone explain how the answer is B

The information in the passage suggests that a pre1960’s political historian would have been most likely to undertake which of the following studies?

An analysis of voting trends among women voters of the 1920’s
A study of male voters’ gradual ideological shift from party politics to issue-oriented politics
A biography of an influential nineteenth century minister of foreign affairs
An analysis of narratives written by previously unrecognized women activities
A study of voting trends among naturalized immigrant laborers in a nineteenth-century logging camp


Okay let me try to explain.
Let's rephrase the question.
The question is asking what would be an historian's act/approach that would have been normal in the era before 1960.

The very first statement of first paragraph - especially second line - talks about this.
The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and 1970’s sought to go beyond the traditional focus of political historians on leaders and government institutions


Option that would have anything of these two would serve as answer, here the option 'B' has both the things political leader and govt. institution.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Vaibhav Mahabole

_________________



The Graceful
----------------------------------------------------------
Every EXPERT was a beginner once...
Don't look at the clock. Do what it does, keep going
..
To achieve great things, two things are needed:a plan and not quite enough time - Leonard Bernstein.

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Aug 2018
Posts: 61
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 02:30
TheGraceful wrote:
hongg7 wrote:
spatel2 wrote:
B, D, B, E, A, C

9:07 for 4 questions :)

10:40 for all 6 questions

Here to help if anyone needs dissection of this passage. :)

Any and all Kudos are appreciated


Could you help in how the answer is B in the 3rd question of this passage? Where did you get the hint?

Thanks


Although, I got this wrong (my option was 'E' but learnt how from explanation above by GMATninja), I figured out how 'B' is the answer.
I will try my bit to explain, what I understood:

This is an inference question - meaning it has to be true (in all conditions and not on some 'if's) though not defined directly.
As elaborated b GMATNinja, second paragraph in the passage begins with,
" By redefining “political activity,” historian Paula Baker has developed.....". This clearly indicates that she has surpassed/distinguished herself from the previous two streams of thoughts.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
The Graceful


Hmm.. I am not quite sure.. which ones are novel definitions and traditional ones?

Thanks for your time ?

Posted from my mobile device
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
User avatar
S
Joined: 30 Oct 2017
Posts: 201
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 13:58
1
hongg7 wrote:
Hmm.. I am not quite sure.. which ones are novel definitions and traditional ones?

Thanks for your time ?

Posted from my mobile device

HI hongg7!

Let's take a look at this part of the passage:

Quote:
Defining “politics” as “any action taken to affect the course of behavior of government or of the community,” Baker concludes that, while voting and holding office were restricted to men, women in the nineteenth century organized themselves into societies committed to social issues such as temperance and poverty.


The "traditional" definition of politics, then, would be "voting and holding office". Baker's "novel" definition of politics is “any action taken to affect the course of behavior of government or of the community", for example organizing into committees for social issues.

Does that make sense? :-)

-Carolyn
_________________

Magoosh Test Prep

Image

Image

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Aug 2018
Posts: 61
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2018, 17:46
MagooshExpert wrote:
hongg7 wrote:
Hmm.. I am not quite sure.. which ones are novel definitions and traditional ones?

Thanks for your time
8
Posted from my mobile device

HI hongg7!

Let's take a look at this part of the passage:

Quote:
Defining “politics” as “any action taken to affect the course of behavior of government or of the community,” Baker concludes that, while voting and holding office were restricted to men, women in the nineteenth century organized themselves into societies committed to social issues such as temperance and poverty.


The "traditional" definition of politics, then, would be "voting and holding office". Baker's "novel" definition of politics is “any action taken to affect the course of behavior of government or of the community", for example organizing into committees for social issues.

Does that make sense? :-)

-Carolyn


Yes it does!! Thank you so much :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Mar 2018
Posts: 39
Location: India
GRE 1: Q160 V150
GPA: 2.7
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2018, 19:04
is it 600 level question ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Aug 2017
Posts: 5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2018, 04:27
Hi, I need a clarification for Q3: Why isn't he answer "A".
3. It can be inferred that the author of the passage quotes Baker directly in the second paragraph primarily in order to

(A) clarify a position before providing an alternative to that position -
The position is that women were denied to vote and alternative can be that even men started working towards issue-oriented politics.
(B) differentiate between a novel definition and traditional definitions
No differentiation provided as such
(C) provide an example of a point agreed on by different generations of scholars
Baker didn't give any such example
(D) provide an example of the prose style of an important historian
Not sure about this one
(E) amplify a definition given in the first paragraph
Irrelevant
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 29 Dec 2017
Posts: 386
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 3: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.25
WE: Marketing (Telecommunications)
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2018, 17:30
prags1989 wrote:
is it 600 level question ?


Each question on GMAT CLUB has a difficulty tag in the head of the page. In this case it is 600-700 level (medium)
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
User avatar
S
Joined: 30 Oct 2017
Posts: 201
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2018, 15:48
Ilishar wrote:
Hi, I need a clarification for Q3: Why isn't he answer "A".
3. It can be inferred that the author of the passage quotes Baker directly in the second paragraph primarily in order to

(A) clarify a position before providing an alternative to that position -
The position is that women were denied to vote and alternative can be that even men started working towards issue-oriented politics.
(B) differentiate between a novel definition and traditional definitions
No differentiation provided as such
(C) provide an example of a point agreed on by different generations of scholars
Baker didn't give any such example
(D) provide an example of the prose style of an important historian
Not sure about this one
(E) amplify a definition given in the first paragraph
Irrelevant

Hi Ilishar!

Remember that the question is specifically asking why the passage quotes Baker. So it is asking only about this line:

Quote:
Defining “politics” as “any action taken to affect the course of behavior of government or of the community,” Baker concludes that, while voting and holding office were restricted to men, women in the nineteenth century organized themselves into societies committed to social issues such as temperance and poverty.


This could possibly be interpreted as "clarifying" Baker's position, but it is not followed by any alternative to that position -- the remainder of the passage focuses on explaining her position. The fact that women were not allowed to vote is not a position, it's just a fact, and isn't conveyed by Baker's quote.

Hope that helps :)
-Carolyn
_________________

Magoosh Test Prep

Image

Image

SC Moderator
User avatar
V
Joined: 23 Sep 2015
Posts: 1621
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2018, 06:07
P1- focus on ordinary citizens; women are denied; why ? two sides.
P2- study by PB - women involvement at diff level;
Main point - historians are avoiding dtudies on women but PB broke the jinx with her study.

1. The primary purpose of the passage is to

(A) enumerate reason why both traditional scholarly methods and newer scholarly methods have limitations - no
(B) identify a shortcoming in a scholarly approach and describe an alternative approach - closest in the lot.
(C) provide empirical data to support a long-held scholarly assumption - no
(D) compare two scholarly publications on the basis of their authors’ backgrounds - no
(E) attempt to provide a partial answer to a long-standing scholarly dilemma - no
-----------------------------------------

2. The passage suggests which of the following concerning the techniques used by the new political historians described in the first paragraph of the passage?
The very techniques these historians used to uncover mass political behavior in the nineteenth-century United States—quantitative analyses of election returns, for example—were useless in analyzing the political activities of women, who were denied the vote until 1920.

(D) They were of more use in analyzing the political behavior of nineteenth-century voters than in analyzing the political activities of those who could not vote during that period. -

------------------------------------------
3. It can be inferred that the author of the passage quotes Baker directly in the second paragraph primarily in order to
anchor - PB
PT - she did something that previously mentioned historian avoided completly.

(B) differentiate between a novel definition and traditional definitions - i chose this one cause of the vocab used in it. moreover, it is showing contrast with the traditional theory.
------------------------------------------

4. According to the passage, Paula Baker and the new political historians of the 1960’s and 1970’s shared which of the following?
PT - shared should be common. must be in P2. - need to look for the points for which PB and new political historian agreed. one thing is that both are concerned with ordinary citizens. 1st sentence of P1 + 1st sentence of p2

(E) An emphasis on the political involvement of ordinary citizens
------------------------------------------
5. Which of the following best describes the structure of the first paragraph of the passage?
Mainly this one is concerned about old vs new approach, however not focused on women's status.
(A) Two scholarly approaches are compared, and a shortcoming common to both is identified. - closest.

-------------------------------------------
6. The information in the passage suggests that a pre-1960’s political historian would have been most likely to undertake which of the following studies?
something that exists in this era. focus of political historians on leaders and government institutions
(C) A biography of an influential nineteenth-century minister of foreign affairs - focus on some leader.
_________________

Thanks!
Do give some kudos.

Simple strategy:
“Once you’ve eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

Want to improve your Score:
GMAT Ninja YouTube! Series 1| GMAT Ninja YouTube! Series 2 | How to Improve GMAT Quant from Q49 to a Perfect Q51

My Notes:
Reading comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Absolute Phrases | Subjunctive Mood

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Feb 2018
Posts: 93
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2018, 22:36
Why is the answer B for Q3?

I eliminated B because there was no differentiation between definitions. What is the traditional definition and what is the novel definition here? Or is there, am I missing something?
Selected A without proper justification as I was able to eliminate C, D, E along with B.
_________________

Kudos to Kudos :)

And yeah, definitely aim for a level of accuracy where managing time will not be a burden anymore.

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jun 2018
Posts: 125
CAT Tests
The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2018, 04:04
In other words, Baker contends, women activists were early practitioners of nonpartisan, issue-oriented politics and thus were more interested in enlisting lawmakers, regardless of their party affiliation, on behalf of certain issues than in ensuring that one party or another won an election.


Can someone please explain what this sentence exactly means.
I cannot understand the use of enlisting in this sentence.
The women enlisted lawmakers on behalf of certain issues.
What does this mean?
DO the lawmakers represent the different issues OR
enlisting is used in a different sense over here.

Thank you for your reply in advance.

GMATNinja
daagh
workout
DmitryFarber
Retired Moderator
User avatar
D
Status: worked for Kaplan's associates, but now on my own, free and flying
Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 4619
Location: India
WE: Education (Education)
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2018, 04:23
1
Top Contributor
Nitesh
Enlisting here means securing; what are they trying to secure? The support of those lawmakers who would champion the women's causes, regardless of whether they were Republicans or Democrats or Conservatives or Labour. In essence, according to the Baker, women were very focused on their vision and mission.
_________________

you can know a lot about something but not really understand it."-- a quote
No one knows this better than a GMAT student does.
Narendran +9198845 44509

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Feb 2018
Posts: 93
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 04:11
nitesh50 wrote:
In other words, Baker contends, women activists were early practitioners of nonpartisan, issue-oriented politics and thus were more interested in enlisting lawmakers, regardless of their party affiliation, on behalf of certain issues than in ensuring that one party or another won an election.


Can someone please explain what this sentence exactly means.
I cannot understand the use of enlisting in this sentence.
The women enlisted lawmakers on behalf of certain issues.
What does this mean?
DO the lawmakers represent the different issues OR
enlisting is used in a different sense over here.

Thank you for your reply in advance.

GMATNinja
daagh
workout
DmitryFarber




First women activists were described that they were early practitioners of X, Y. Because of that, they were more interested in Z , regardless of party affiliation, on behalf of certain issues than in ensuring that one party or another won an election
_________________

Kudos to Kudos :)

And yeah, definitely aim for a level of accuracy where managing time will not be a burden anymore.

Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 63
Location: India
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 20:55
GMATNinja : Can you please explain 3rd question. How can I eliminate choices and come to correct choice.
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
User avatar
P
Status: GMAT and GRE tutor
Joined: 13 Aug 2009
Posts: 2247
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Dec 2018, 13:17
akshaykotha wrote:
Why is the answer B for Q3?

I eliminated B because there was no differentiation between definitions. What is the traditional definition and what is the novel definition here? Or is there, am I missing something?
Selected A without proper justification as I was able to eliminate C, D, E along with B.

zac123 wrote:
GMATNinja : Can you please explain 3rd question. How can I eliminate choices and come to correct choice.

There's been some good discussion of certain pieces of Q3, but there still seems to be confusion around the question as a whole, so let's take a thorough look at it.

Quote:
3. It can be inferred that the author of the passage quotes Baker directly in the second paragraph primarily in order to

Well, why did the author write the second paragraph in the first place? To explain how Baker's redefinition of "political activity" provides a greater understanding of women's political activity in American history.

Now, how do the direct quotes from Baker fit into this purpose?

Quote:
By redefining “political activity,” historian Paula Baker has developed a political history that includes women. She concludes that among ordinary citizens, political activism by women in the nineteenth century prefigured trends in twentieth-century politics. Defining “politics” as “any action taken to affect the course of behavior of government or of the community,” Baker concludes that, while voting and holding office were restricted to men, women in the nineteenth century organized themselves into societies committed to social issues such as temperance and poverty. In other words, Baker contends, women activists were early practitioners of nonpartisan, issue-oriented politics...

The structure of this P2 shows us a few things:

  • Baker redefined "political activity." This means "political activity" had a previous meaning, and Baker gave it a new meaning.
  • She defined that new meaning as “any action taken to affect the course of behavior of government or of the community" (as opposed to only voting and holding office).
  • Once the author makes this distinction clear, then the author can more fully examine how women fit into American political history (from which they've been previously excluded).

So, getting back to our question: Why does the author bring up these quotes from Baker?

To give new meaning to the phrase "political activity." This redefinition then enables the author to spend the rest of P2 explaining presenting a fresh interpretation of women's political activity in the U.S. They were issue-oriented activists before they were voters, and this type of political activity foreshadowed a similar behavior among men the U.S. in the 20th century.

Now let's eliminate any answer choice that doesn't match our understanding of the quotations and how they fit into the paragraph.

Quote:
(A) clarify a position before providing an alternative to that position

Carolyn has already explained why we reject this answer choice. In agreement with her explanation, I'd ask the following:

  • Is the author quoting Baker in order to clarify a position?
  • Is the author quoting Baker in order to clarify a position?
  • Is the author quoting Baker to then provide an alternative to the position that the author just clarified?

We can only pick (A) if the answer to every question above is "yes." And this simply isn't the case. The author quotes Baker to give new meaning to a phrase. Then, the author explains the significance of this new meaning. "Clarify" is a stretch, "position" is a stretch, and "provide an alternative to the position" is totally off-track. So we'll eliminate (A).

Quote:
(B) differentiate between a novel definition and traditional definitions

This matches our reading precisely. Baker's quote is literally provided to explain her redefinition of "political activity." The second paragraph was written to show us how Baker's new definition changes the way that women's political activity can be examined and understood. Let's keep (B) around and continue working through the other choices.

Quote:
(C) provide an example of a point agreed on by different generations of scholars

This quote, paragraph, and passage, have nothing to do with different generations of scholars agreeing on any kind of point. If anything, the quote is used to illustrate where and how Baker and the author disagree with other scholars. Eliminate (C).

Quote:
(D) provide an example of the prose style of an important historian

Nope. Nope, nope, nope. The author is definitely not writing the second paragraph to tell us about Bakers' "prose style." Get outta here, answer choice (D)!

Quote:
(E) amplify a definition given in the first paragraph

As I mentioned earlier, we're told that Paula Baker redefined “political activity.” Baker's definition of politics was different from the previously accepted definition (voting and holding office). So even if the first paragraph presented a definition, Baker's definition certainly did not AMPLIFY the traditional definition. It was, in fact, a redefinition. Eliminate (E).

I hope this helps!
_________________

GMAT Club Verbal Expert | GMAT/GRE tutor @ www.gmatninja.com (Now hiring!) | Instagram | Food blog | Notoriously bad at PMs

Beginners' guides to GMAT verbal
Reading Comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Sentence Correction

YouTube LIVE verbal webinars
Series 1: Fundamentals of SC & CR | Series 2: Developing a Winning GMAT Mindset

SC & CR Questions of the Day (QOTDs), featuring expert explanations
All QOTDs | Subscribe via email | RSS

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja in your post. Priority is always given to official GMAT questions.

Sentence Correction articles & resources
How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and other articles & resources
All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99 | Time management on verbal

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Nov 2018
Posts: 56
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.88
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2018, 16:02
6/6 10 min total 3min to read. Love history passages because they are easy to comprehend as opposed to science passages that contain some complex terms. Questions 3 and 5 were the trickiest to me but POE helped. If anyone has specific questions pertaining to the passage, feel free to reach out.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and &nbs [#permalink] 22 Dec 2018, 16:02

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 40 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

The new school of political history that emerged in the 1960’s and

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.