Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
Schools: London Business School (LBS) - Class of 2002
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Top 10 or Partime?? [#permalink]
Well, in the end my goal would be to come back to MN and reenter health insurance or healthcare consulting of some kind. I'm just worried about credentials the higher I climb the ladder, or if I'll even have the option to enter the more lucritive areas like MA or consulting without a top tier MBA next to my name.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
That is a very intelligent long-term thought you have there. The question I would ask: Do you have the background to get into a Top10 program? If so, I think you almost have to give it a shot. (you can always take up your work offer one year later, if need be)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My background (assuming I get the GMAT score I'm getting in practice tests and am shooting for) is probably T10 (I could be wrong): I'm a CPA with 4 years, upon matriculation, of health insurance experience at United HealthCare. Was there during heath care reform and whatnot. Thanks for the response. I've given this some thought, I'm going to try and break the upper tier of T10. If not capable of doing that, it may be hard for me to pass up a free carlson spot, as I could always double and get an MHA/MBA part time over 4yrs or so, which would also look great but be a very painful experience.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
Schools: London Business School (LBS) - Class of 2002
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi,

Do you have a strong interest in M&A, or consulting? Full-time program is better suited for people who want to switch their career.

Hope you do well w the GMAT.

Give some thoughts to your skills and passion, and see what type of career would match up with your skills and passion.

Good luck!

Christine
If you like this post, please give it KUDOS!

Blingblong wrote:
Well, in the end my goal would be to come back to MN and reenter health insurance or healthcare consulting of some kind. I'm just worried about credentials the higher I climb the ladder, or if I'll even have the option to enter the more lucritive areas like MA or consulting without a top tier MBA next to my name.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation, Standford- 740 GMAT [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Yes. Apply. If you already applied to so many programs, it's silly not to apply to Stanford. You will only get this one shot so don't miss it. And you have some chances. Just be passionate and sincere and original and do your best.

One note about the Recommendations - Stanford doesn't need an academic letter of recommendation. You do, however need one from a peer and one from your current boss.

hope this helps,
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Blingblong wrote:
My background (assuming I get the GMAT score I'm getting in practice tests and am shooting for) is probably T10 (I could be wrong): I'm a CPA with 4 years, upon matriculation, of health insurance experience at United HealthCare. Was there during heath care reform and whatnot. Thanks for the response. I've given this some thought, I'm going to try and break the upper tier of T10. If not capable of doing that, it may be hard for me to pass up a free carlson spot, as I could always double and get an MHA/MBA part time over 4yrs or so, which would also look great but be a very painful experience.

dude, then you have your answer for you. You are in no rush here. And if you want take up that option next year... but you gotta at least TRY for the top 10.. or you will never forgive yourself (insert dramatic music here - Orf or Wagner of something )
Admissionado
Send PM
Re: R2 or Next Year (Profile Evaluation Request) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Alex, sooo 770 +3.8= good chances.

Still you do have to have a good applications, and what I would suggest here is to apply to as many schools as you can with good applications (meaning better one solid application this year in R2 to your number one preference than four shoddy ones) and see what happens. I think you could make at least two schools by R2, and plan for the others R3.

If you are in no rush at all and doing great stuff in your job, you could also wait which would give you the advantage of having all your results at the same time and making your later choice easier, but it's not necessary...
GMAT Club Bot
Re: R2 or Next Year (Profile Evaluation Request) [#permalink]