Last visit was: 08 May 2024, 12:11 It is currently 08 May 2024, 12:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 2.67
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V33
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Schools: Yale - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink]
msbroker wrote:
dbanerj wrote:
Just received an emial from Stephanie from Tuck Waitlist Admissions regarding a feedback call to be scheduled on May 1st week. Is there anyone else on the same boat?
I applied in EA round and was put on waitlist..two weeks back got an email to submit an update(if any) and now this email for feedback...

Got the same message...a bit confusing given that most of us were told there's nothing that comes to mind to improve our profiles. Maybe they'll just tell us to sit tight.

Even I am confused..since they already said that there's nothing we could improve to prove better candicacy and that we have already been asked to submit an update..I hope it is not a feedback for Ding and they ask us to re-apply next year.
Being an international student, I was expecting if Tuck will let us know earlier..Hope it is for something good :-)

Is there something that we need to prepare ourselves for the call?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dbanerj wrote:
msbroker wrote:
dbanerj wrote:
Just received an emial from Stephanie from Tuck Waitlist Admissions regarding a feedback call to be scheduled on May 1st week. Is there anyone else on the same boat?
I applied in EA round and was put on waitlist..two weeks back got an email to submit an update(if any) and now this email for feedback...

Got the same message...a bit confusing given that most of us were told there's nothing that comes to mind to improve our profiles. Maybe they'll just tell us to sit tight.

Even I am confused..since they already said that there's nothing we could improve to prove better candicacy and that we have already been asked to submit an update..I hope it is not a feedback for Ding and they ask us to re-apply next year.
Being an international student, I was expecting if Tuck will let us know earlier..Hope it is for something good :-)

Is there something that we need to prepare ourselves for the call?

i really hope they don't set up 15min conversations just to tell us we were dinged. haha, but will be great to be able to speak with someone about the process regardless.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Did everybody in the WL receive this invitation for the call? I have received no such communication. When did you folks get your email?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tranceparent wrote:
Did everybody in the WL receive this invitation for the call? I have received no such communication. When did you folks get your email?

I got mine at 1145am EST. They scheduled the call for next wednesday, so ill let you guys know what they say...i really hope they don't tell me to retake the gmat. Not sure I can muster up enough to take that thing again!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
msbroker wrote:
tranceparent wrote:

I got mine at 1145am EST. They scheduled the call for next wednesday, so ill let you guys know what they say...i really hope they don't tell me to retake the gmat. Not sure I can muster up enough to take that thing again!

I got the email at around 11:30 AM and my call is scheduled for May 2nd. Please post once you are done with your call next week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
dbanerj wrote:
msbroker wrote:

I got the email at around 11:30 AM and my call is scheduled for May 2nd. Please post once you are done with your call next week.

Thanks for the replies - best of luck!

Were you in contact with the adcom before this email or did they initiate contact?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tranceparent wrote:
dbanerj wrote:
msbroker wrote:

Thanks for the replies - best of luck!

Were you in contact with the adcom before this email or did they initiate contact?

Well two weeks back I got an email to send any update if I have..I did send an update and today I got this email. Although I do not think that these two events are related..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
was it an informal email from your waitlist manager or something more structured?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
justmytuck wrote:
was it an informal email from your waitlist manager or something more structured?

I would say it was a structured email.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
dbanerj wrote:
justmytuck wrote:

Ok, interesting. Was it from your waitlist manager or a general Tuck admissions acct? I have to think getting that email is a good sign for you guys. I didn't get one.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
justmytuck wrote:
dbanerj wrote:
justmytuck wrote:

Ok, interesting. Was it from your waitlist manager or a general Tuck admissions acct? I have to think getting that email is a good sign for you guys. I didn't get one.

It was from someone from the admissions office but not my WL manager. Not sure what to make of it, I did not send an update other than expressing my continued interest on remaning on the waitlist. I'm not sure its good, maybe they found something they thought they'd like to work on, since essentially they stated it was a "feedback" call. But either way, I'll let you guys know next week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 131 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
I did send an update mail/essay after I was waitlisted, I think somewhere Feb. And it came before the wait list manager contacted me actually.

So far, except for 1 case that we know, is there anybody else admitted from the WL?

Good luck to dbanerj and msbroker. At least it is a good sign in this waiting game. I didn't receive anything so far :|.

jerrykid wrote:
AlbertNTN wrote:
I received an email from a wait list manager a week ago, but she said that normally they will ask to redo GMAT/write extra essays etc. but there is no specific thing to recommend for my case, and just wait... Are you guys in the same mode? Waiting is killing. I thought the feedback would help. But it doesn't seem so in my case. Wait game again!

Can you send updates or additional essays, even if they did not ask you so? Double-checking with the school is recommended, I think.

I think that they would consider your updates or essays. The hard thing is to evaluate your weaknesses and send relevant and meaningful essays/ updates.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey guys, so actually they cancelled my feedback call for tomorrow. They said they realized that I already got an email from my WL manager that contained my feedback. I think these emails went out in error to myself and dbanerj and are going out to folks that were denied but still offered feedback. Looks like we're still in the waiting game...hopefully with deposits for most of the class due this Friday, and final round deposits due 5/11...we'll get a better sense of our chances in the next few months.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
msbroker wrote:
Hey guys, so actually they cancelled my feedback call for tomorrow. They said they realized that I already got an email from my WL manager that contained my feedback. I think these emails went out in error to myself and dbanerj and are going out to folks that were denied but still offered feedback. Looks like we're still in the waiting game...hopefully with deposits for most of the class due this Friday, and final round deposits due 5/11...we'll get a better sense of our chances in the next few months.

I thought we will get some insight from you today but I guess our fate doesn't want that :-)

I have not received the cancellation notice yet, my meeting is scheduled for next wednesday, May 2nd. Lets see what happens.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dbanerj wrote:
msbroker wrote:

I thought we will get some insight from you today but I guess our fate doesn't want that :-)

I have not received the cancellation notice yet, my meeting is scheduled for next wednesday, May 2nd. Lets see what happens.

Yea pretty much they said, "we were reviewing your file for your call tomorrow and realized that your a WL candidate and not denied and you already got feedback. Sorry, you don't need to call" so I'd guess they'll send you an email the day before. Either way, I think it may indicate they aren't really reviewing the WL at this point, at least until the deposit dates and they have more clarity on the incoming class.
Manager
Manager
Send PM

I have not received the cancellation notice yet, my meeting is scheduled for next wednesday, May 2nd. Lets see what happens.[/quote]

dbanerj, were you able to speak with the adcomm yesterday??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: UCLA (Anderson) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
Send PM
dbanerj wrote:

How was your meeting? I am really interested to hear what feedback they gave you.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts