GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 29 Feb 2020, 03:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Two applications to the same school

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Two applications to the same school  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 10:39
Do you guys think it could negatively impact you if you apply to both the full time mba and the tech 1 year mba at the same school?

Sometimes they are handled by different admissions teams.
Current Student
B
Schools: CBS '21 (M$)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Re: Two applications to the same school  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 11:01
I would think this would almost certainly negatively impact you. Schools keep extensive records on applicants, and even if the applications themselves are handled by different teams, I don't think this would just slide by. MBA programs want to know that you have a plan and that it is a specific plan for success. Applying to two different programs at the same school does not seem to make that case very well. They also really want to know why you really want to attend that specific program, something that is marginalized by this approach. Adcoms don't want to make up your mind for you, and they certainly don't want to admit you to two programs at their school as that could take a spot from another (more specifically serious) admit.

The only instance where I could see this working out is if you had had extensive contact with the Adcom and explained that you were really torn between both programs and rather agnostic in the choice. If they then mentioned that it would be ok to apply to both, THEN I could see this working. But, outside of that, I'd strongly caution against it.

g693 wrote:
Do you guys think it could negatively impact you if you apply to both the full time mba and the tech 1 year mba at the same school?

Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 11:04
g693 wrote:

Are there different GMAT Code ID's to send your scores?
I never heard of anyone getting admitted to multiple programs within the same MBA.... I think it is usually not something you do since your candidacy negatively impacts the yield indicator for the school. I would probably ask the AdCom to avoid the confusion and potential negative impact/blow back but likely not a possibility.
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 11:11
I don't know whether this will count as the same scenario, but I met someone here yesterday who got admitted to Kelley's full time and online MBA program. I was surprised he applied to both programs at the same time and got into both.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 11:16
I recently got admitted to the International MBA and the Tech MBA programs at IE Business School. So, I would not think that applying to both the programs will negatively affect your application. Also I had sent my scores only for the International MBA program and asked the admissions team and they were ok to consider it for both the programs.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 13:10
jayitaroy wrote:
I recently got admitted to the International MBA and the Tech MBA programs at IE Business School. So, I would not think that applying to both the programs will negatively affect your application. Also I had sent my scores only for the International MBA program and asked the admissions team and they were ok to consider it for both the programs.

Awesome! Thanks! Glad to hear it is possible!
P.S. Congrats on your IE Admit!!! Are you headed that way?
B
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 650 Q48 V32
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User
Two applications to the same school  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 13:41
bb wrote:
jayitaroy wrote:

Thanks a lot! I have another admit with Manchester Business School in UK and I am thinking to go ahead with the UK school as I am currently working in the UK and my goal is to work in the UK post my MBA and having spoken to IE students and alumni I have come to know that it's very difficult to find jobs in Spain for international students if you don't know Spanish. Also it's easier for me to fund my MBA in UK than with IE as they have no prodigy finance.
Director
Director
D
GMAT 1: 580 Q43 V27
WE: Sales (Energy and Utilities)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 19:14
jayitaroy wrote:
bb wrote:
jayitaroy wrote:

Thanks a lot! I have another admit with Manchester Business School in UK and I am thinking to go ahead with the UK school as I am currently working in the UK and my goal is to work in the UK post my MBA and having spoken to IE students and alumni I have come to know that it's very difficult to find jobs in Spain for international students if you don't know Spanish. Also it's easier for me to fund my MBA in UK than with IE as they have no prodigy finance.

I agree in reference to the highlighted part. Two of my ex-colleagues went to ESADE and both are back in India. Precisely, I don't whether they made through any recruitment process but i see that both have been back to work in India - one(learnt Spanish though) in E-commerce and the other into his own consultancy.

Congratulations on your admit. Let's hope today elections bring some concrete results in UK.

GMATPREP1 590(Q48,V23) March 6, 2019
GMATPREP2 610(Q44,V29) June 10, 2019
GMATPREPSoft1 680(Q48,V35) June 26, 2019
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2019, 22:38
That's the thing about many EU economies and German, Spanish, Italian, and French MBA programs - if you expect to stay in the country, pretty much anywhere except the Netherlands or UK, you will have to learn a local language. It will be tough otherwise to work without the language knowledge and you will be most likely passed by for a local applicant who not only has the language skills but also a work permit...
Re: Two applications to the same school   [#permalink] 11 Dec 2019, 22:38

Two applications to the same school

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Hatakekakashi