Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
SC Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2207 [0]
Given Kudos: 1665
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.97
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1920 [0]
Given Kudos: 628
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 313 [0]
Given Kudos: 254
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Re: Unbalanced gmat [#permalink]
sancre16 congratulations! 720 is a great score, and Q46 is a solid Quant score. I highly doubt you need to worry about your GMAT anymore. Focus on other aspects of your application, unless you are from an over-represented applicant pool.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72886 [1]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Unbalanced gmat [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Congrats!

your score is fine for most mba programs. (You can try and evaluate your chances using a tool we recently built: https://gmatclub.com/forum/what-are-my- ... 09854.html )

However there may be several cases when you may want to consider re-taking: First, if you have a quantitative background and your Q 46 will just look out of place. That may cast doubt on your professional skills (eg accountabt with a bad quant score ;-)) At the same time, It’s a perfectly fine score if it fits your profile and fits your story of someone with marketing or legal background for example. Second, if your practice scores were Q50. If you were consistently scoring high on your practice test then it may be nice to pull your score to a 99th percentile. At the same time if this is around your practice scores and you are applying for round two in January, I am not sure it will be best investment of your time to retake the GMAT.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi sancre16,

First off, a 720/Q46 is an outstanding Score, so you can comfortably apply to any Business Schools that interest you. As such, a retest might not be necessary. That having been said, a Q46 won't "impress" anyone, so depending on the Schools that you plan to apply to, you might want to discuss your overall application profile and plans with an Admissions Expert. There's a Forum full of those Experts here:

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Thanks all. For more context, I got a 92% in IR with an 8. I don't know if that helps improve my quant standing a little bit. My normal quant scores are always around 45-47. Although my verbal score normally is lower (like 39-42) so I think I got lucky on the test with verbal.
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22052 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi sancre16,

720 is a great score! What are the average GMAT scores at your desired programs? Also, if you’d like some further advice, as has been suggested, you should reach out to one of the many admissions consultants here on GMAT Club. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hello,
I think you have a very solid score. I don't see any issue with this score at all. All the best in your MBA application.
Cheers.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot