Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 02:08 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: UNC Kenan-Flagler Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Eval [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi rohan5jaswal,

Let's go step-by-step in evaluating your profile:

Stats- Your CGPA is on the lower side but GMAT is at par or above the average for at least the schools you've mentioned. So, overall, you tick the box. (If it helps, we've recently helped a candidate with 670 GMAT to get into Rotman with scholarship, so I believe with a unique story, your stats are sorted).

Work-ex: I do not have details of the quality of your work experience, for example, the roles you undertook, the impact you have had in all these roles, what leadership positions you had. So, a lot is missing to determine your fit for the said schools. Your post-MBA goals are in alignment with your past career but they seem very common and do not tell how you will be an asset to these schools. So, I would like to understand the motivations behind your long-term goals.

ECs: No information. ECs are very, very important in bringing a vibrant personality in apps. So, would like to know your interests and passions and any community experience. Just dig in and find what you can talk about beyond work.

Overall, I am missing a lot of details to clearly evaluate your profile. If you'd like, we are happy to hop on a call with you to understand your profile better and help you with shortlisting the right schools. Feel free to book our calendar as per your convenience. Also, if you'd like to understand Rotman's values, its community and the various scholarship it provides, feel free to view the Rotman page on our website.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg,
Community Manager, MBA and Beyond

On behalf of,
Shantanu Sharma, Linkedin
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525

rohan5jaswal wrote:
PROFILE EVALUATION FOR MBA FOR FALL 2021.

DEMOGRAPHICS : Indian Male, 24 years old.

UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE : B-Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from GGSIPU University, Delhi (2018)
CGPA – 3.1/4

WORK EXPERIENCE : 3 years in Sales and Marketing in B2C Sector, Noida.
MANAGERIAL EXPERIENCE: 2 years in Sales and Marketing in B2C Sector, Noida

LONG TERM GOAL: To become a Marketing/Sales head in a Canadian/International company of repute in Sports/Music/Travel/Edtech/FMCG/Retail/Consumer Electronics industries.

SHORT TERM (post-MBA) GOALS : Managerial post in a reputed company from the above mentioned industries in B2B sector.

TEST SCORES:
GMAT – 680 (Q48, V35, IR 6)
IELTS Academic – 8.0 (L-8.5, R-9, W-6.5, S-7)

**Interested in only 20+ months MBA program to get 3 year Work permit after graduating.

Profile Evaluation required for:
1. University of Toronto Rotman – MBA
2. York University - MBA
3. UBC Sauder - MBA
4. Indiana Kelley school of business – MBA
5. Madison school of business, Wisconsin - MBA
6. Mays Business school, Texas - MBA

Could you help me understand my initial profile evaluation for these above 6 programs?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Re: UNC Kenan-Flagler Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Eval [#permalink]
Expert Reply
rohan5jaswal wrote:
PROFILE EVALUATION FOR MBA FOR FALL 2021.

DEMOGRAPHICS : Indian Male, 24 years old.

UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE : B-Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from GGSIPU University, Delhi (2018)
CGPA – 3.1/4

WORK EXPERIENCE : 3 years in Sales and Marketing in B2C Sector, Noida.
MANAGERIAL EXPERIENCE: 2 years in Sales and Marketing in B2C Sector, Noida

LONG TERM GOAL: To become a Marketing/Sales head in a Canadian/International company of repute in Sports/Music/Travel/Edtech/FMCG/Retail/Consumer Electronics industries.

SHORT TERM (post-MBA) GOALS : Managerial post in a reputed company from the above mentioned industries in B2B sector.

TEST SCORES:
GMAT – 680 (Q48, V35, IR 6)
IELTS Academic – 8.0 (L-8.5, R-9, W-6.5, S-7)

**Interested in only 20+ months MBA program to get 3 year Work permit after graduating.

Profile Evaluation required for:
1. University of Toronto Rotman – MBA
2. York University - MBA
3. UBC Sauder - MBA
4. Indiana Kelley school of business – MBA
5. Madison school of business, Wisconsin - MBA
6. Mays Business school, Texas - MBA

Could you help me understand my initial profile evaluation for these above 6 programs?

Hey rohan5jaswal,

Starting off your evaluation with your academics, your GPA falls a bit on the lower end in comparison to other candidates. To remedy this, you would need to pose the right alibi and divert attention towards other aspects of your profile such as your extracurriculars, projects, internships and GMAT score.

In addition to this, another significant aspect that schools focus on is extracurricular activities as they are looking for a holistically developed profile. Hence, it is essential to shed some light on the endeavours taken up at any clubs, associations, sports, fest, or events you managed or participated in during your undergraduate. Volunteering initiatives, certifications, or internships undertaken during the course of your study would also count towards your extracurricular initiatives.

Moving to your professional front, you hold 3 years of work experience in Sales and Marketing which is pretty impressive. But it does fall short since an MBA programme requires an experience of 4 to 5 years. However, the B-schools in countries like Germany, Canada, Singapore, and the UK are quite flexible on admitting students with lesser work experiences, which is why I would suggest you target the following countries.

Also, since most of your competitors will be from the Big 4 firms, you need to differentiate yourself. You need to leverage the learnings from your previous roles to stand at par with the competition you’d be facing. Make sure you explain and highlight the major projects of your work and how these experiences helped develop and further groom your skills and knowledge. Highlight why you chose these particular organisations and job profiles, what are the projects done so far, how you have gone beyond the role, any initiatives you took, and any kind of impact created.

To boost your profile, you can highlight CSR activities to showcase responsibilities taken up and the impacts created by you. This will help portray the socially responsible side of your personality and convince the adcoms of your abilities to be a great future leader. I’d suggest you begin working on this aspect if you lack experience in this sector.

Speaking of your GMAT score, 680 with a 48 quant and 35 in verbal is pretty competitive and would allow you to target most of the top B-schools.
Coming to your school choices:

University of Toronto, New York University, UBC Sauder, Indiana Kelley school of business comes under the upper competitive category whereas Madison school of business and Mays Business school can be clubbed under the competitive category.

These upper competitive schools have an acceptance rate of 50-60% whereas at competitive schools your acceptance rate will be around 60-70%.
Lastly, while you have a good profile, you need to be aware that you will be facing competition from equally good or even better profiles, which is why, you need to complement your profile with a strong application that includes essays, letter of recommendation, statement of purpose, and resume that highlights all your strong suits, gives reasoning for the weaknesses, and displays how you’d be a good addition to the cohort. As a matter of fact, your application can boost your chances of acceptance by 3x!

On this note, if you have any further queries, I would suggest you take up our FREE consultation call where we can help you to figure out the best course of action for you to realize your goals.

Link for the FREE Consultation call-

https://www.mim-essay.com/book-an-appointment-form/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q162 V154
GPA: 2.29
Send PM
Nationality - Indian
Age- 23
GMAT - not taken yet
ENGINEERING-6.4/9 - VBIT, JNTUH, Hyderabad ( Graduated in 2019)
12th-89.3%
10th-8.8/10

Work experience :

1.Co-Founder and Director of an AR/VR Startup in Real estate & Architecture founded in 2017 during graduation (Registered in 2019).
2.Our Startup idea was originated at the ISB -TEP program. We have developed our product using Design Thinking, and This is the first time I have come across product management.
3.One of the Top 16 teams across the World Invited to the Global Demo Day(2018) by Angel Hack.
4.Presented at Angel Hack’s Global Demo Day(2018) in San Francisco.
5.Top 30 startup teams in India by AICTE.
6.We are at present incubated at T-Hub ( Hyderabad).
7. 3d Model and a VFX artist by hobby and have done multiple projects as a freelancer.

Projects worked on
1. Virtual tour for Devi seafood(Seafood exports company)
2. Virtual Tours created for T-Hub Phase 1 and Phase 2 (In progress)
3. Augmented Reality walkthrough for CRPF

Teaching :
1. Technology Facilitator at ISB - TEP
2. Training Engineering Students in Entrepreneurship and Product Development for the past two years.

Extracurriculars

1. Vice-chairperson for Robotics Club VBIT.
2. Conducted Workshops and Summer Training sessions on Animation, Video Editing, Home Automation and IoT.
3.Organiser of Cultural Fest VIBHA at college.
4. Involved in helping Aditya Mehta Foundation(helping Para Athletes) raise funds for their new facility by creating a 3d model and animated walkthrough for that facility.

Post MBA Goals:
Short term goal is to become a product manager in an AR/VR division of a Tech Company.
During my early days at ISB, I came across product management, which caught my interest and made me continue as a product manager in my startup and pushed me to mentor multiple students teams in Ideation and during the Product design of their projects.
Long Term Goals: To head the Product Management vertical of a company.
Target B schools :
ISB
UNC Kenan Flager

Questions :
1 . What are my chances for ISB or Kenan Flager? (I'm worried about my low GPA in undergrad)
2. How much should be my minimum GMAT score?
3. Please suggest some other schools that my profile may be a fit?
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
hemanthreddynaini wrote:
Nationality - Indian
Age- 23
GMAT - not taken yet
ENGINEERING-6.4/9 - VBIT, JNTUH, Hyderabad ( Graduated in 2019)
12th-89.3%
10th-8.8/10

Work experience :

1.Co-Founder and Director of an AR/VR Startup in Real estate & Architecture founded in 2017 during graduation (Registered in 2019).
2.Our Startup idea was originated at the ISB -TEP program. We have developed our product using Design Thinking, and This is the first time I have come across product management.
3.One of the Top 16 teams across the World Invited to the Global Demo Day(2018) by Angel Hack.
4.Presented at Angel Hack’s Global Demo Day(2018) in San Francisco.
5.Top 30 startup teams in India by AICTE.
6.We are at present incubated at T-Hub ( Hyderabad).
7. 3d Model and a VFX artist by hobby and have done multiple projects as a freelancer.

Projects worked on
1. Virtual tour for Devi seafood(Seafood exports company)
2. Virtual Tours created for T-Hub Phase 1 and Phase 2 (In progress)
3. Augmented Reality walkthrough for CRPF

Teaching :
1. Technology Facilitator at ISB - TEP
2. Training Engineering Students in Entrepreneurship and Product Development for the past two years.

Extracurriculars

1. Vice-chairperson for Robotics Club VBIT.
2. Conducted Workshops and Summer Training sessions on Animation, Video Editing, Home Automation and IoT.
3.Organiser of Cultural Fest VIBHA at college.
4. Involved in helping Aditya Mehta Foundation(helping Para Athletes) raise funds for their new facility by creating a 3d model and animated walkthrough for that facility.

Post MBA Goals:
Short term goal is to become a product manager in an AR/VR division of a Tech Company.
During my early days at ISB, I came across product management, which caught my interest and made me continue as a product manager in my startup and pushed me to mentor multiple students teams in Ideation and during the Product design of their projects.
Long Term Goals: To head the Product Management vertical of a company.
Target B schools :
ISB
UNC Kenan Flager

Questions :
1 . What are my chances for ISB or Kenan Flager? (I'm worried about my low GPA in undergrad)
2. How much should be my minimum GMAT score?
3. Please suggest some other schools that my profile may be a fit?

Hi,

It was a pleasure to read your profile and the awesome work you have been doing. I assume you have 4 years of work experience running the startup. It will be nice to know if you have been able to raise some funds - that will add some credibility to your startup and give you a good point to add to the resume.

To answer your questions- you will have a good shot at both ISB and UNC KF. Get a 700+ score - the higher the better, as it will also help to offset your low GPA.
I will need to see your resume/ have a discussion to suggest further b-schools. AS the startup has been running for 4 years, it will be important to get a sense of what the growth has been like and where you stand today.

Feel free to reach out.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Hello,

Request you to kindly review and evaluate my profile.

Male 25 years

Academics -

10th - 10 CGPA
12th - 89%
UG (B.Tech, ECE) - 8.9

GRE Score - 323

Work ex -

1. Novartis - working as a Senior Analyst in Commercial Excellence team. Recently promoted. Work ex includes pharma brand analysis, Omnichannel marketing strategy engagements, field force incentives operations and other commercial excellence imperatives. Several workplace accolades and co-curricular achievements awarded

2. ZS - Worked as Associate in pharma commercial excellence practice area. Involved in business analysis for a US based multinational pharma company, involving but not limited to building BI dashboards, operationalising reporting, system setups and build, etc

Extra Curricular -

1. Runner up at Maharani Gayatri Devi National Quiz (Class X1)
2. School topper in class Xth
3. Participated, Won and presided as judge for over 20 Model united Nations conferences in college
4. Runner Up at National Paper Presentation competition organised by Miranda House's Geographic society
5. Star Impact Award (highest individual contributor award at Novartis) awarded x 4 times
6. Sony Corporate Photography Contest special mention in 2020
7. Active Member of Novartis' readers club, etc
8. Volunteer teacher at eVidyaloka initiative which is working towards UN SDGs

Any feedback will be much appreciated! :)

Thanks in advance
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Ross '24 (WA)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Hi, please evaluate my profile. I am planning to apply for 2year Stem MBA ( specialization in consulting/finance ) in US [Round 2]. I’m a reapplicant at Duke, Ross, and, Cornell

Short term MBA goal : work as a consultant with firms, such as Mckinsey or BCG, and help global financial institutions solve strategic & operational issues.
Long term MBA Goal : To build a technology-driven banking option for India’s marginalized that merges the conveniences of Neo-banks with attributes of traditional banks.

About my profile:-
I am 29 year old Male from Mumbai, India. [ Nationality : Indian ]

Educational Qualification:-
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), CFA Institute (Virginia, USA) - Cleared all levels in 1st attempt, Top quartile in 9 out of 10 subjects
Chartered Accountancy (CPA Equivalent), ICAI (Delhi, India) - Cleared all levels in 1st attempt, Top 5% amongst 43,000 students
Bachelor of Commerce, HR College of Commerce and Economics (Mumbai, India) - Secured First Distinction with a cumulative grade of 80%

GMAT Score :- 740 ( Q50 V41 )

Work Experience:-
I worked at Drip Capital INC (US based Fintech Startup) as Senior Finance manager from Dec’18 - present ( 2 years & 11 months ) - got one promotion
I worked at ITC Limited as Assistant Finance Manager from Nov’15 – Dec’18 ( 3 years & 1 months )
Total years of experience : 6 years ( as of today )
While entering MBA : 6.6 years

Achievements & Participation :-
At Drip Capital INC
• First hire in the finance department; Conceptualized financial management and regulatory processes across USA, Mexico, and India, and built a 5-member core team
• Spearheaded financial due diligence for Series-B funding of $25M led by Sequoia Capital and Accel and collaborated with US-based capital market team for securing first banking line of credit of $40M
• Ideated and convinced the founder on reorganization of business operations for better tax efficiency and delivered tax savings of $400,000 on y-o-y basis

AT ITC Limited
• Steered a 5-member team to evaluate and implement major impact points of new indirect tax regime on 20 projects operating across 15 states of India, effectively regulating yearly tax benefit of $14M
• Customized and automated information workflow in SAP software, an improvement unique across both ITC and SAP India, Augmented compliance and reduced manual reconciliation by 200+ manhours on y-o-y basis
• Key member of core team; Collaborated on yearly budgeting and quarterly variance analysis of capital expenditure across operational turnkey projects worth $850M
• Mentored 10+ member core team having average experience of 10 years; Enhanced their productivity, 4 of them got promoted

Outside Work
• Avid trekker - Trekked across South India and the Himalayas, Volunteer at local trekking club
• I have undertaken multiple pro bono engagements, wherein I helped fellow CA students/graduates with their study plans, career projections, general advisory, etc.
I want to maximise the chances of my selection. Kindly advise I should apply to which Top 20 US based B-school
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
Pulkit2611 wrote:
Hi, please evaluate my profile. I am planning to apply for 2year Stem MBA ( specialization in consulting/finance ) in US [Round 2]. I’m a reapplicant at Duke, Ross, and, Cornell

Short term MBA goal : work as a consultant with firms, such as Mckinsey or BCG, and help global financial institutions solve strategic & operational issues.
Long term MBA Goal : To build a technology-driven banking option for India’s marginalized that merges the conveniences of Neo-banks with attributes of traditional banks.

About my profile:-
I am 29 year old Male from Mumbai, India. [ Nationality : Indian ]

Educational Qualification:-
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), CFA Institute (Virginia, USA) - Cleared all levels in 1st attempt, Top quartile in 9 out of 10 subjects
Chartered Accountancy (CPA Equivalent), ICAI (Delhi, India) - Cleared all levels in 1st attempt, Top 5% amongst 43,000 students
Bachelor of Commerce, HR College of Commerce and Economics (Mumbai, India) - Secured First Distinction with a cumulative grade of 80%

GMAT Score :- 740 ( Q50 V41 )

Work Experience:-
I worked at Drip Capital INC (US based Fintech Startup) as Senior Finance manager from Dec’18 - present ( 2 years & 11 months ) - got one promotion
I worked at ITC Limited as Assistant Finance Manager from Nov’15 – Dec’18 ( 3 years & 1 months )
Total years of experience : 6 years ( as of today )
While entering MBA : 6.6 years

Achievements & Participation :-
At Drip Capital INC
• First hire in the finance department; Conceptualized financial management and regulatory processes across USA, Mexico, and India, and built a 5-member core team
• Spearheaded financial due diligence for Series-B funding of $25M led by Sequoia Capital and Accel and collaborated with US-based capital market team for securing first banking line of credit of $40M
• Ideated and convinced the founder on reorganization of business operations for better tax efficiency and delivered tax savings of $400,000 on y-o-y basis

AT ITC Limited
• Steered a 5-member team to evaluate and implement major impact points of new indirect tax regime on 20 projects operating across 15 states of India, effectively regulating yearly tax benefit of $14M
• Customized and automated information workflow in SAP software, an improvement unique across both ITC and SAP India, Augmented compliance and reduced manual reconciliation by 200+ manhours on y-o-y basis
• Key member of core team; Collaborated on yearly budgeting and quarterly variance analysis of capital expenditure across operational turnkey projects worth $850M
• Mentored 10+ member core team having average experience of 10 years; Enhanced their productivity, 4 of them got promoted

Outside Work
• Avid trekker - Trekked across South India and the Himalayas, Volunteer at local trekking club
• I have undertaken multiple pro bono engagements, wherein I helped fellow CA students/graduates with their study plans, career projections, general advisory, etc.
I want to maximise the chances of my selection. Kindly advise I should apply to which Top 20 US based B-school

Your short term and long term goals don't converge. I wonder why helping the marginalized should be a long term goal. If you care enough about it, you should be doing it today. Why wait 10 years to solve a problem that exists today?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Ross '24 (WA)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
This is because I'm not having the expertise of general management, operations and entrepreneurship. While I do have a vision basis my work ex with fintech working in India, my experience is limited to finance.
MBA will help me with technicals and short term goal will help me with exposure to broader financial service sector.
I hope that clarifies.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Background and nationality : Indian Male IT (Innovation with ML/AI)
Undergrad Information :Tier 1 Top 10 Indian college, GPA - 3
GMAT: 750 (Q50,V41) AWA6 IR7
Work experience and leadership : Innovation department of a Big IT firm. 3 years, couple of promotions, mentored over 100 students with 40+ innovative projects. Delivered products for healthcare and retail clients. Lead teams of 10+ people. Worked directly with CTOs and Directors.
Community and others : Involved with a few NGOs which work towards eradication of Poverty and illiteracy. Cycling club. Cricket and volleyball teams in college.
Post MBA goals : Tech Management

Posted from my mobile device
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619315 [0]
Given Kudos: 81610
Send PM
Re: UNC Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
UNC Kenan-Flagler Profile Evaluation
Introducing New Better Profile Evaluations on GMAT Club!

Considering your application to a B-School? The first step in this significant journey is to evaluate your profile to gauge where you stand among the vast pool of applicants. We're excited to introduce a NEW and IMPROVED consolidated list of tools and platforms available on GMAT Club to assist you in this endeavor.