Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 23:03 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 3: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.47
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Re: UNC Kenan-Flagler Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Eval [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Pr93sath wrote:
Hi!! Can you please evaluate my profile?
In terms of looking at you for UNC- being an Indian male with a 660 for UNC Kenan-Flagler is a long road to walk... while it is never only one thing looked at-- The GMAT scores for Indian applicants is usually a bit higher than a school's avg GMAT and UNC's GMAT hovers a bit over 700. So given that you have the time-- I suggest you waltz over to the GMAT review sessions on this site and spend some time there so you can ideally have a score a bit closer to this avg when you do apply. The few more months of work can help-- given that you want to do marketing-- it could be good to get some work experience in that area--
and I do agree that giving some context about why you want to work in marketing could add some depth to your application. What sparked this interest? Then learn what UNC can do in marketing-- reach out to students from this link:

https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/studen ... eting-club

Also-- really try to build out your leadership and community service profile as this looks low at moment-- think about how you have had impact in your volunteer roles-- not just being in a club-- but getting something done!

Indian Male
Class 10 : 95.6%
Class 12 : 95.2%
UnderGrad(2015) : 8.25/10
GMAT : 660(Q-43;V-38)
Planning to apply for 2019 intake.

Work Experience:
1. 24 months - a leading IT service provider; currently part of a 3 member team.
2. A couple of months in a state owned enterprise.

Have organized a number of events in college; involved in the complete build-up of events right from brainstorming names for the event to distribution of awards. Also have designed posters, banners and certificates as part of the events.
Community service : Few and far between; but planning on improving on this in the days to come.

I am planning on making a switch to a marketing career, specifically in the consumer goods sector and I feel that an MBA would help my cause. I plan on taking up the GMAT one more time.
Also would it be beneficial if I get some part time(say internship) experience in the marketing domain before I start my MBA? Or would an internship after a few years of full-time work be considered a negative?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: UNC Kenan-Flagler Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Eval [#permalink]
Hello All,
I would like to have my profile evaluated. I just took the GMAT in June and am ready to apply for business school in Fall 2019. Here is my information:
GMAT: 710 (50Q/34V/6 IR) Have not received my AWA score yet
GPA: ~ 3.37 (over a 3.5 my last year)
Degree: BA Economics, UCLA. Transfer GPA - 3.8
Experience: 2 years as an analyst at a real estate investment company(1 year at current firm). Work in both acquisitions (acquired 3 hotels for $150mm since I started) and asset management (6 of our current hotels, and 135 hotels for a third party). Had previous internship experience in PWM.
Extracurricular: Over 700 hours working as a volunteer at the local hospital, as a tutor, and as a coach for middle school children. No experience in professional leadership/managerial roles. Was a member of Ski and Snowboard team in college. Mentor a student at UCLA. High School Valedictorian.
Background: Indian (born and raised in California). 25 years old. Typical middle class story for a kid in Orange County.
What I want from business school: First, I would like to work in finance, either in real estate acquisitions, PWM, or VC/PE. I would like to gain both the professional and personal skills that business school can provide. Finally, I need a change in my life.
Letters of Rec: Plan on asking my CIO and an Associate at my current company for my two recommendations. I also have my previous employer in case. Do not have a professor at UCLA I can ask since I did not spend a lot of time in office hours.
Other: The one issue which will make things difficult is that I was accused of cheating in college. I received academic probation and I'm sure I will have to discuss what happened. I would like some feedback whether this is a automatic red flag. It was a mistake and I've grown from it, but I am sure it will leave a mark.

Thank You,
Current Student
Schools: Ross '23 (A$)
Send PM
Hi All, I am looking for a profile evaluation, below is a little bit about me. Please note that I do not plan on applying to an MBA program for a couple of years (2-3).

Background/Demographic: 22 year old male from US
GMAT: 700 (47-Q & 40-V)
Undergrad: Indiana University - Kelley School of Business. Major: Economic Consulting, GPA: 3.84
Experience: Just started working at Deloitte Consulting in project controller practice. Previously was a volunteer at the commodities futures trading commission
Extracurriculars: member of Phi Chi Theta Business Fraternity during undergrad, main community involvement has been with Big Brothers Big Sisters. Also, my main hobby is Jiu Jitsu. I have won a few local tournaments in Chicago, and help teach classes twice a week.
Other: International experience includes studying abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark
MBA goals: I aspire to start my own business, and hope that an MBA program will broaden my network as well as develop my leadership skill set.

Thanks!
Johnny
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GRE 1: Q164 V164
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Thank you so much in advance for the help!

Background: Applying in Fall 2018 Round 2 for Fall 2019 start date.
Race/nationality: White, US
Sex: Male

Undergrad school/major: University of Pittsburgh, Accounting/Finance
Undergrad GPA: 3.85

GMAT Score: 760 Total, 49Q, 44V, AWA 6, IR 8

Work experience and leadership: 3 years of work experience upon submission of applications in Fall 2018 (4 upon planned matriculation) in Big 4 Public Accounting, Audit. I have completed a rotation in the TAS practice at my firm (specifically due diligence) and will be transferring full-time next Spring (I think this is a big selling point and shows growth in my career as the rotations are very selective in my office/firm).

Community and Others:
Volunteer dog-walker at local animal rescue shelters, helping to prepare and lead a booth at the upcoming Made in America festival in Philly.
Volunteer at LLS, organized multiple charity events and an office-wide team for a stair climb event.
President of Beta Alpha Psi during undergrad.
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant during undergrad
Recipient of scholarship awarded to "Top Achieving Academic Student" during undergrad.
IM Leagues

Certifications: Licensed CPA

Post-Grad Goal of MBA: To secure a position with a BB Investment Bank (specifically M&A/Core IB division), with the ultimate goal of transitioning to Corporate Development for a F100-F500 Company in consumer products. I want to consolidate companies in the industry to create a company that creates innovative products which make a difference in the day-to-day lives of consumers.

Additional: I think my WE/Demographic will lead to an uphill battle but my stats are strong and I think my extra-curriculars are solid. My recs should also be quite strong.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 670 Q39 V42
GMAT 2: 690 Q46 V38
GMAT 3: 720 Q48 V40
GRE 1: Q160 V159
GPA: 3.27
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi all.

Background

Work experience:
3 sports internships through undergrad
Corporate Sales – top-tier pro team
Ticket Sales – minor league sports
Sponsorship – small sports tourism shop
Operations - governing body for an Olympic sport (7 months)
Banking Operations Analyst - bulge bracket bank (~2 years, 10 months)
Real Estate Credit Risk Analyst - same bank (past 11 months)

Extra curriculars:
Fraternity member in college (no key leadership positions)
Played club ice hockey for 4 years at my college (officer role my junior and senior years)
Assistant Coach/GM for that team for 4 years post-graduation

Undergrad school/major: a public ivy
Business Administration
Second Major: Exercise and Sport Science (Sport Administration)
Other education/coursework: Completed my college's business certificate program (while I was still in UG though)
Race/nationality: White
Sex: Male

Stats

Scores:
GRE: 159 V, 160 Q
GMAT #1: 670 (Q39, V42)
GMAT #2: 690 (Q46, V38)
GMAT #3: 720 (Q48, V40)

Undergrad GPA: 3.25

MBA Info

Goal of MBA: Change/Elevate Career. Learned relatively quickly into full-time employment that working in sports was not for me. I finally landed a job analyzing real estate about a year ago, and while it is still a significant improvement from working in sports and bank operations, I still feel under-utilized and behind my peers in the industry. I want to make a change, and I feel this is the best way to go about breaking into a more quant-intensive real estate role, either within the front office of a bank's securitized products group or at a smaller, more individual-deal-focused firm.

Thoughts? What are my chances? Happy to provide any additional info!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi,

The details of my profile are:

Nationality: Indian Female candidate

Undergrad Information: Engineer from Manipal Institute of Technology, GPA: 7/10

Extracurricular: Strong extracurricular and community work at college. Served 2 college clubs in a headship roals. Also went for a cultural exchange program to China.

GMAT: 690

Work experience: 3.5 years of work experience. 10 months of working in a techEd startup as a Creative Associate. Later, moved to PwC as an Analyst in Risk Consulting. After 1.5 years of working on KYC and

Transaction monitoring projects, got promoted and moved to the role of a PMO. Also, lead an employee initiative which is an 8 member team.

Community: Active volunteer thought college and at PwC as a part of CSR.

Post MBA goal: A job in a consulting profile.

What are my chances? Happy to provide any additional info!
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi RitikaPahuja,

What timeframe/deadline are you aiming for? Overall from the limited info here, I do feel you would be considered at UNC if your application and recommendations are strong and you show a good fit for the program within your application... I like the extracurricular experiences in the past as well as the initiatives and promotion at work. If you are still working on applications and would like to send over a resume and have a more detailed discussion, feel free to sign up for a consultation at www.mbamission.com/consult at any point!

RitikaPahuja wrote:
Hi,

Extracurricular: Strong extracurricular and community work at college. Served 2 college clubs in a headship roals. Also went for a cultural exchange program to China.

Work experience: 3.5 years of work experience. 10 months of working in a techEd startup as a Creative Associate. Later, moved to PwC as an Analyst in Risk Consulting. After 1.5 years of working on KYC and

Transaction monitoring projects, got promoted and moved to the role of a PMO. Also, lead an employee initiative which is an 8 member team.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
RitikaPahuja wrote:
Hi,

Hi Ritika,

From my limited experience as an applicant and a recent Kenan-Flagler admit, I believe you have a shot at Kenan-Flagler with your overall profile. At the same time, I feel your GMAT score is on the lower end of the spectrum for an Indian applicant, and you will need to demonstrate a few really unique points in your candidature that will help you overcome the low GMAT score. In case you are applying in the next cycle, I would encourage you to try to get your GMAT score up by 30 points or so, as that will make your candidature much stronger.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Hi all,

Need profile evaluation, aiming to apply in R1 2019. Also please suggest if I should think of retaking GMAT (though personally, that will be lil excruciating :dazed )

Indian Female
GMAT:710 (q50, v35)(AWA 5.5) IR 5 :shh:

Work experience: 28 months (at the time of application)
CDK Global (automotive dealership global giant)
My project deals with handling digital advertising campaigns for some big automotive dealers.
Joined as a junior worked extensively in research and development. Taking up the lead in new projects that needed building from scratch. Working closely with product owners, showed a keen interest in business decisions and that's how got interested in making a career in it.
Recognized and rewarded by peers and managers for initiatives taken.
Won first prize in a coding challenge recently.

Extra: Working with my friends on a registered startup company. Though the work is still in progress.
At the time of application, I can show practical experience in customer procurement and digital marketing (although for just 2 or 3 months)

Graduation: Tier-2 Bachelor Of Engineering in Com Science. 87.2%
12th: 87%
10th: 10CGPA

Extra Curricular:
Won a national level writing competition in 12th class, facilitated by CBSE for the same.
Worked with UNFPA for adolescence education and awareness.
Won a first prize in online national level blogging competition conducted in 2014.
This year won an internal blogging competition conducted in the company.
Volunteered with many non. profit events.

Goals:
Since I have been exposed mostly to digital advertising, marketing and product management, I would love to work for startups and dive deep into business acumen.

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
choubeyp wrote:
Hi all,

Need profile evaluation, aiming to apply in R1 2019. Also please suggest if I should think of retaking GMAT (though personally, that will be lil excruciating :dazed )

Indian Female
GMAT:710 (q50, v35)(AWA 5.5) IR 5 :shh:

Work experience: 28 months (at the time of application)
CDK Global (automotive dealership global giant)
My project deals with handling digital advertising campaigns for some big automotive dealers.
Joined as a junior worked extensively in research and development. Taking up the lead in new projects that needed building from scratch. Working closely with product owners, showed a keen interest in business decisions and that's how got interested in making a career in it.
Recognized and rewarded by peers and managers for initiatives taken.
Won first prize in a coding challenge recently.

Extra: Working with my friends on a registered startup company. Though the work is still in progress.
At the time of application, I can show practical experience in customer procurement and digital marketing (although for just 2 or 3 months)

Graduation: Tier-2 Bachelor Of Engineering in Com Science. 87.2%
12th: 87%
10th: 10CGPA

Extra Curricular:
Won a national level writing competition in 12th class, facilitated by CBSE for the same.
Worked with UNFPA for adolescence education and awareness.
Won a first prize in online national level blogging competition conducted in 2014.
This year won an internal blogging competition conducted in the company.
Volunteered with many non. profit events.

Goals:
Since I have been exposed mostly to digital advertising, marketing and product management, I would love to work for startups and dive deep into business acumen.

Hi choubeyp

Hello again. For Kenan-Flagler, the startups goal would be shaky, and would need further scoping, and more details. With ~28 months of experience, you should try and enhance your GMAT a little bit as well. 710 is not a bad score at all, and would work for many schools, but KF gets a lot of tech applications from international candidates. A 20-30 point increase, if possible, will be very helpful.

Other than that, please focus on your apps and bring out your work in all its diversity and richness. Showing your insight into digital (especially as your profile is a bit unconventional within the domain) and the impact you have created will be very important.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed or to get in touch directly for a chat.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi all, please evaluate my profile

Originally posted by Kangan95 on 22 Aug 2019, 08:01.
Last edited by Kangan95 on 03 Oct 2019, 05:30, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi ,

Please evaluate w.r.t. UNC-Kenan Flagler :
Undergrad Information: Engineering in Information Technology from Army Institute of Technology, Pune University (First Class with distinction, Top 5% of class)

GMAT: 740 (Q49; V41)

Work experience and leadership:
4 Years+ (Till matriculation)
• Been working with a Big 4 as a consultant for ERP Application - SAP for Fortune-500 Client.
• Been dealing with various functional areas as part of Consumer and Industrial Products industry.
• Undergone training/learning to achieve level 1 Industry Proficiency (IPP) for the aforementioned.
• Consistent high performer, working across multiple threads at once while assuming full responsibility of at least one at a given time.
• Recognized with back-to-back promotions in my first 2 years with the firm (Only awarded to 11 employees from a peer group comprising of 118)
• Also, working as the configuration controller defining the Project management plan for Capability Maturity Model Integration, or CMMI within the project comprising of 21 resources. Also requires liaison with Quality and Risk Management Team of Deloitte along with senior management. Successfully obtained level-3 appraisal in the recent assessment.
• Tasked with working with multiple juniors and interns, ensuring smooth on-boarding and knowledge transfer.
• Working with top-level executives (CIO, Finance Dir etc.) as client stakeholders for Business Intelligence projects related to reporting of key financial and operational KPI's.

Highlighting 1/3 internships that shaped my perspective better:
Worked with a startup on identifying a use case from Oil and Gas sector in the states, and suggesting a solution based on my findings. Also, worked with the tech team to kick start development of this tool.

Community and others:
Part of National Cadet Corps (NCC) while in college, and undertook various social initiatives such as drug addiction awareness rallies, plantation drives.
Volunteered as part of Deloitte's CSR Initiatives.
Recipient of Merit based scholarship at college for 4 consecutive academic cycles amounting to INR 40k each year. (Awarded to only top 50 students in a batch of 300 students)
As the Captain of Deloitte Advisory’s football team was able to secure bronze medal at an intra-company tournament. Extensively involved in team selection by virtue of trials and organizing practice sessions for the boys’ as well as the girls’ team.
Cultural Event Coordinator at college, while being part of the Debate club; Participated and won at various debate/extempore events at college-level; Also, the in-charge/facilitator for my branch's training for the events like Debate, Extempore, English Play in my Third year.
Was included in the Academic Advisory Council at College as part of a group comprising of three student representatives.

Post MBA goals: To be able to secure a consulting role at a top consulting firm, with industry focus on C&IP industry (based on current experience and interest)

I come from a Defense Background, and have been around many places, suggestively enhancing my exposure and adaptability. Attended 5 schools across all years of school education transcending varied geographies and diversities. These regional and cultural diversities range from the terror gripped yet beautiful Kashmir to the ever so peaceful Central India.
Fun snippet: Winner of intra-discipline Dumb Charades for 3 years in a row
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 176
Send PM
Hi,

Please, if you can, evaluate my profile as an international applicant for the MBA program

Nationality: Indian
Undergraduate Qualification: Bachelor in technology with specialisation in computer science engineering.
GMAT: not taken yet
Work experience: 6+ years
About me - An engineer turned entrepreneur, started a textiles manufacturing and trading business, while studying, with my father (as his prior experience and willingness to work in the same industry he's ever been). Completed my engineering side-by-side. Then left for job, but kept involved in business somehow of the location benefits as my manufacturing process used to take place in the same city I got a job in. Then moved back for business, leaving my job. Since then, been in business and have turned quite a lot of things around for us, and for the market in a good way.
key achievements --
Turned everything from credit to cash.
Took things online,
and added a customer-centric approach.

All these things and ideas were new for the market and my customers, but now productivity has increased for both.
I think entrepreneurship is a good idea for my MBA, but not sure if it’s a good idea in case I want to experience something different like a job maybe for some time. Also, I am so much involved into everything I do, I don't want myself to not make use of my 2 years at an MBA program, so I am a little cautious of schools where I may not find the right mindset of people whom I can be with.

Why MBA?
I have some ideas related to my field which I think can really help and change the way things are done. I want to incorporate tech into small scale manufacturing, and I don't mean just computers. I am looking for a school where I can get some tech exposure along with my MBA, as I may need to take 1-2 tech courses along with an MBA.

Extracurriculars: I am an active sports guy. I play tennis, have coaching experience of swimming (summers only :P) have formed 2 groups in my city -- running and cycling, started with 2 people now each group has around 500+ participants, 60% of them are moderately active, 80% are somewhat active.
I trek a lot and have taken most treks closer to my place, as I work 7 days so it's hard to take an off as treks need a lot of days, but I manage that somehow by minimizing risk.
I am a cyclist, too. you'll find me cycling in the hills, if not trekking.
I have taken part in brevet, 200 km one.
I am a part of the national cycling group and I represent my city for the group.
Also, I am a participant of a blood donation group, we provide blood to blood banks and the ones in need, in person, too. we don't charge for it, it's a free community service for anyone in need. we are presently handling 3 states and the group has around 5000 members, most of them are active. It's run by the people for the people, but then there are too many things to do.

References: From clients to these groups, I can ask anyone to recommend me, but I think it makes more sense if I ask my clients or business people.

shall I apply?
Stratus Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Expert Reply
Shrey9 wrote:
Hi,
hi @Shrey9 this may be all decided at this point-- but will weigh in just in case.
Please, if you can, evaluate my profile as an international applicant for the MBA program

Nationality: Indian
Undergraduate Qualification: Bachelor in technology with specialisation in computer science engineering.
GMAT: not taken yet
Work experience: 6+ years
About me - An engineer turned entrepreneur, started a textiles manufacturing and trading business, while studying, with my father (as his prior experience and willingness to work in the same industry he's ever been). Completed my engineering side-by-side. Then left for job, but kept involved in business somehow of the location benefits as my manufacturing process used to take place in the same city I got a job in. Then moved back for business, leaving my job. Since then, been in business and have turned quite a lot of things around for us, and for the market in a good way.
key achievements --
Turned everything from credit to cash.
Took things online,
and added a customer-centric approach.

All these things and ideas were new for the market and my customers, but now productivity has increased for both.
I think entrepreneurship is a good idea for my MBA, but not sure if it’s a good idea in case I want to experience something different like a job maybe for some time. Also, I am so much involved into everything I do, I don't want myself to not make use of my 2 years at an MBA program, so I am a little cautious of schools where I may not find the right mindset of people whom I can be with.

Why MBA?
I have some ideas related to my field which I think can really help and change the way things are done. I want to incorporate tech into small scale manufacturing, and I don't mean just computers. I am looking for a school where I can get some tech exposure along with my MBA, as I may need to take 1-2 tech courses along with an MBA.

Extracurriculars: I am an active sports guy. I play tennis, have coaching experience of swimming (summers only :P) have formed 2 groups in my city -- running and cycling, started with 2 people now each group has around 500+ participants, 60% of them are moderately active, 80% are somewhat active.
I trek a lot and have taken most treks closer to my place, as I work 7 days so it's hard to take an off as treks need a lot of days, but I manage that somehow by minimizing risk.
I am a cyclist, too. you'll find me cycling in the hills, if not trekking.
I have taken part in brevet, 200 km one.
I am a part of the national cycling group and I represent my city for the group.
Also, I am a participant of a blood donation group, we provide blood to blood banks and the ones in need, in person, too. we don't charge for it, it's a free community service for anyone in need. we are presently handling 3 states and the group has around 5000 members, most of them are active. It's run by the people for the people, but then there are too many things to do.

References: From clients to these groups, I can ask anyone to recommend me, but I think it makes more sense if I ask my clients or business people.
What was/is the GMAT here? you missed the window likely on entering 2020 due to covid and likely visa issues but if you still want UNC I suggest you work on GMAT over next few months (you can take online now), and then be ready in that first round which is for people who know they want UNC. YOu can do your research now on how to stand out so I suggest you reach out now to student ambassadors and club leaders-- Find some links here:
Student Ambassadors UNC Kenan-Flagler

shall I apply?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM

Indian Male
Class 10 : 86%
Class 12 : 88.5%
UnderGrad(2015) : 76%
GMAT : 660(Q-48;V-32)
Planning to apply for 2021 intake.

Work Experience:
1. Will complete 3 years in February 2021.
2. 2 out of 3 years is managerial experience.

I have shortlisted the following Business schools:
1. Indiana Kelley
2. Rotman ( Univ of Toronto)
3. Schulich ( York Univ)
4. McCombs (Texas)
5. Sauder (UBC)

Please tell me if I have a realistic chance of getting into any one of the above mentioned schools. Also suggest whether I should give my GMAT exam again or not.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM

Indian Male

Work Experience:

1. Indiana Kelley
3. Schulich ( York Univ)
4. McCombs (Texas)
5. Sauder (UBC)

Please tell me if I have a realistic chance of getting into any one of the above mentioned schools. Also suggest whether I should give my GMAT exam again or not.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Status:GMAT/GRE Tutor l Admission Consultant l On-Demand Course creator
Own Kudos [?]: 13392 [0]
Given Kudos: 124
GMAT: QUANT+DI EXPERT
Schools: IIM (A) ISB '24
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V41
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
rohan5jaswal wrote:

Indian Male

Work Experience:

1. Indiana Kelley
3. Schulich ( York Univ)
4. McCombs (Texas)
5. Sauder (UBC)

Hi rohan5jaswal

Let me list out the chances for the colleges listed by you

1. Indiana Kelley Doable with existing score
2. Rotman ( Univ of Toronto) - Hard to convert
3. Schulich ( York Univ) - Doable with existing score
4. McCombs (Texas) - Hard to convert
5. Sauder (UBC) - Doable with existing score

primary reason for the chances mentioned above is the GMAT score which is barely on the mark of average GMAT for these school. my recommendation will be that you look forward to improve your score and take it to a level of 700 (if possible). I can see that you have scope of improving score in both sections at this stage. Where you can target to get a score of Q-49, V-35 is not much beyond your reach and needs a little push.

With a score of 700, you might apply more confidently. However at this stage you can convert the schools that I marked as Doable but it's upto the candidate whether going for extar mile to get a better college is possible or you have already exhausted yourself with GMAT prep.

I think you can target even more and equally good or better schools in canada and US with a slightly better score.

Your academic is good but it doesn't make your profile stand apart. Manegerial experience is really welcome but it needs to be substantiated well in the application so as to showcase your profile as a worthy candidate for the management schools applied.

I bel;ieve you can start working on your application alongwith giving a thought to retaking GMAT to improve score by 40 points.

all the best!!! :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderator:
Darden and UNC Moderator
102 posts