Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q48  V44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V44
Send PM
Re: University of Washington Foster school [#permalink]
Even I am convinced that UW has a pretty high rate of admissions for people who are interviewed. I think I got this sense from the very limited data on admissions411.com. Although the number of people who have posted their profiles is pretty low, I think one can get a sense. What I feel is that UW does not like very young people.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
4.5 hours until the fun begins!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
700willdo wrote:
Even I am convinced that UW has a pretty high rate of admissions for people who are interviewed. I think I got this sense from the very limited data on admissions411.com. Although the number of people who have posted their profiles is pretty low, I think one can get a sense. What I feel is that UW does not like very young people.

I got that too. I was talking to one of the MBA student reps who pitch their school. He said I was pretty young for someone applying at age 25. He said the average age of students there was like 28-29.

The high interview admit rate bodes well lest I get not too cocky.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
 Q51  V39
Send PM
Ok, those of us who are at the admit weekend, how do we tell who each other is? Any ideas?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
I am the guy with the black messenger bag.. wait.. thats everyone. :-D Mine has the obama buttons on it.
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V44
Send PM
soul_assassin wrote:
700willdo wrote:

I got that too. I was talking to one of the MBA student reps who pitch their school. He said I was pretty young for someone applying at age 25. He said the average age of students there was like 28-29.

The high interview admit rate bodes well lest I get not too cocky.

Imagine how they look at the 22-23 yr olds then!!!!!! :wink:
I think UW is also pretty harsh on the low gmat scorers. Wat do you guys think?
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V44
Send PM
hey guys can we have updates on the admit weekend. In particular about the quality of the admits and the overall feel of the school
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Update on finaid:

As you may know, there is no separate application for Merit Scholarships. Merit Scholarship Awards are offered to admitted students who have a highly competitive GMAT score, a solid previous academic record AND a strong interview (recipients are competitive in all three areas). Merit Scholarship recipients are notified of their award via email. For admitted students who applied October 15, November 15 or January 15, Merit Scholarships have been awarded and recipients have been notified. Although we occasionally award additional Merit Scholarships at a later date (for example if we should receive additional funding from a donor), if you did not receive a Merit Scholarship at this point, you should proceed with plans to fund your education from other sources (such as loans, savings or company support). All admits are welcome to apply for Foster MBA Scholarships (which are primarily need-based but also are include some donor-specific funds) using the online application: https://bschool.washington.edu/apps/MBAS ... ation.aspx. Please note the priority deadline is tomorrow - April 15th!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
700willdo wrote:
hey guys can we have updates on the admit weekend. In particular about the quality of the admits and the overall feel of the school

Thats a pretty broad question 700 :-D The campus is beautiful , the foster buildings are ugly (but comfortable enough). The current students were great and as for the admit class - a look at how fantastic us admitted gmatclubbers are should tell you all you need to know! ;-)

Seriously though, Some pretty interesting people. This admit weekend was slightly more tilted towards those within driving distance or california (or that was my impression) though some of the people had moved up in the last month or so in anticipation of attending here. Overall, a great weekend, and a great change of mindset for me.

As of last thursday night I am mentally a student again!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Friday and saturday: 70+ degrees and sunny.
Today: Cloudy, cold and it sounds like some thunderstorms have started.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
I know most people browsing this thread have interviewed or received notification, but for soul_assassin and maybe anyone else yet to interview, i thought i post a quick recap of my interview this morning.

ChristianW, your list of questions was right on the money. ( 103-t58908?sk=t&sd=a&start=80 ) I interviewed with Tim H, and he went through each and every question. The only additional questions were: how do you define success? and (taylored to my lower gmat score) what do you plan on doing before the mba program begins to get quantitatively ready? (this one i stumbled on a bit! :| )

all and all, i thought it went well. It went a little longer than 60 minutes, but felt very low key and conversational. Tim is a great guy, very personable and candid.

Like most here have reported, he mentioned that results wouldn't go out until the evening of May 10th.

The banners from the admit weekend were still up, which made me really jealous that i missed out on all the festivities!

Good luck to any clubbers that have yet to interview!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Quote:
The banners from the admit weekend were still up,

Banners? How did I miss those?! haha.. or are you talking about the "Foster" banners hanging from the overhead walkway between the buildings? That has been up since the school was named. Sinec they are making new buildings (and taking down the ugly ones) I don't think they bothered getting permanent signs onthe the old buildings with the "foster" name :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hotdog wrote:
ChristianW, your list of questions was right on the money. ( https://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t58908?sk=t&sd=a&start=80 ) I interviewed with Tim H, and he went through each and every question. The only additional questions were: how do you define success? and (taylored to my lower gmat score) what do you plan on doing before the mba program begins to get quantitatively ready? (this one i stumbled on a bit! :| )

Hey thanks for sharing your experience! What did you answer when the guy asked about your math?

I struggled a bit in that area both on the GMAT and my undergrad courses so I may be asked that too, although I've kinda planned out for it.

I'm looking at taking a stats class at a nearby CC before I start the MBA program if I was accepted, but of course, I'd rather not take a summer night class if it isn't necessary.

Good luck! My interview is next week w/ Sunni Bannon, the director of admissions :?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ChristianW wrote:
As far as the actual interview, the interview was extremely nice and laid back. I think that the laid back attitude is one of the things that sets UW apart from most other business schools. But, back to the interview, I felt extremely prepared. To prepare I went to accepted.com and looked up previous interview questions that had been asked. I think about 50% of the questions were asked and by thinking about my personal answers ahead of time, I had the best interview possible. To help you out here is the list I compiled:

Describe a day of an MBA student

I'm fine with answering all the other questions, but how does one answer something like that? What is their intent behind the question?

Um, they goto classes?
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V44
Send PM
looks like westsider dont want to give out a lot of info on the admit weekend huh!!! :wink:
Never mind westsider, I gotta a lot of info about the admit weekend on the UW discussion board and it felt like you guys had a great time especially with the boat ride.
hotdog, congrats on the great interview and it looks like even you felt that T.Hossain was not very spontaneous huh.
soul,
all the best with your interview
Manager
Manager
 Q44  V41
Send PM
I was worried, but I finally got my interview invite.

I'm trying to decide between two different days. One day I would interview with Tim Hossain and the other with Pa’lee Showalter. It sounds like everyone was pretty happy with Tim, but any further insight? And anyone have any experience with Pa'lee?

Thanks.

jfals
https://www.jaredmalan.com
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V44
Send PM
congrats jfals and all the best! I visited your website and I look forward to having as a classmate. I interviewed with Tim and have already written about him. Can't help you with the interviewer.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts