It is currently 23 Sep 2017, 16:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Uploading unofficial GMAT score report - do's and don'ts

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Aug 2014
Posts: 29

Kudos [?]: 7 [1], given: 13

CAT Tests
Uploading unofficial GMAT score report - do's and don'ts [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2017, 12:31
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

For initial application review, it is known that many schools accept unofficial GMAT scores (which is test taker's copy with all the cancelled score(s), which is/are now not informed to the schools, and the list of schools, for which the score report was requested.

I want to know whether it is ethical and legal to remove, with a help of a PDF editor, the cancelled score information and the list of other schools that I am applying to in the unofficial GMAT score report that I will be uploading for initial review, assuming I will also be sending the official GMAT score from GMAC later, if admitted?

I am asking this because, per the latest GMAC policies, when requested for a score report for a school, GMAC doesn't let the school know of the cancelled score(s) and the list of other schools that the candidate is applying.

Kudos [?]: 7 [1], given: 13

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 04 Jan 2016
Posts: 18

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 18

Location: United States
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
Re: Uploading unofficial GMAT score report - do's and don'ts [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2017, 12:42
Yes you can, but it doesn't really matter since they'll see the other schools in the official score report that they receive. Note: They see where you've sent scores, but that doesn't indicate whether or not you've applied there.

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 18

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 12 Aug 2014
Posts: 2220

Kudos [?]: 225 [0], given: 0

Re: Uploading unofficial GMAT score report - do's and don'ts [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2017, 14:18
Rule of thumb, I would avoid editing any unofficial or official document you submit in the application process. Ultimately you will need to submit official versions of things and you would not want any obvious discrepancies to surface, especially since you won't really be helping yourself with any of the edits
_________________

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 225 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Sep 2015
Posts: 22

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Re: Uploading unofficial GMAT score report - do's and don'ts [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2017, 04:00
I dont think the unofficial score report mentions the cancelled attempts. Are you sure on this ?

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jul 2016
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 6

Re: Uploading unofficial GMAT score report - do's and don'ts [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2017, 20:11
agbsharma wrote:
I dont think the unofficial score report mentions the cancelled attempts. Are you sure on this ?



Yes, the unofficial score report mentions the cancelled attempts & their dates. I'm running into the exact same issue and am not sure what to do!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jul 2016
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 6

Re: Uploading unofficial GMAT score report - do's and don'ts [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2017, 20:13
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
Rule of thumb, I would avoid editing any unofficial or official document you submit in the application process. Ultimately you will need to submit official versions of things and you would not want any obvious discrepancies to surface, especially since you won't really be helping yourself with any of the edits


I agree, except for the "you won't really be helping yourself with any of the edits" part, because you would be helping yourself by 1. not revealing the other schools you had previously showed interest in, and 2. not revealing that you have sat down for a test before and canceled your score (which is the whole point of the new benefit of this information not being revealed)

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 6

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Location: New Zealand
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.3
Re: Uploading unofficial GMAT score report - do's and don'ts [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2017, 22:35
Ideal solution: Request official GMAT score to be sent to that school. It took about 1/2 days to register on the applciation as a 'verified' GMAT score. Then you don't have to worry about it!

Assuming you have the time for this :)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Sep 2015
Posts: 22

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Re: Uploading unofficial GMAT score report - do's and don'ts [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2017, 00:37
rileyphan wrote:
agbsharma wrote:
I dont think the unofficial score report mentions the cancelled attempts. Are you sure on this ?



Yes, the unofficial score report mentions the cancelled attempts & their dates. I'm running into the exact same issue and am not sure what to do!


Correct me if I am wrong, but the unofficial score report is the hard copy that is received at the test center. I had previous cancelled attempts too, but the unofficial score report mentioned the specific scores of the test taken on that particular day. I confirmed with GMAC too and they said the unofficial score report only mentions the current score.

Please check and confirm.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jul 2016
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 6

Re: Uploading unofficial GMAT score report - do's and don'ts [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2017, 07:38
agbsharma wrote:
rileyphan wrote:
agbsharma wrote:
I dont think the unofficial score report mentions the cancelled attempts. Are you sure on this ?



Yes, the unofficial score report mentions the cancelled attempts & their dates. I'm running into the exact same issue and am not sure what to do!


Correct me if I am wrong, but the unofficial score report is the hard copy that is received at the test center. I had previous cancelled attempts too, but the unofficial score report mentioned the specific scores of the test taken on that particular day. I confirmed with GMAC too and they said the unofficial score report only mentions the current score.

Please check and confirm.


So there's two different "unofficial score reports." The first is the one you get at your test center, but this doesn't have your AWA score obviously. You can ONLY get this form at the test center right after you take your test. (I misplaced mine, so this isn't an option for me.) The second is the unofficial score report you can download online any time on the GMAC website. This one does indeed show your cancelled attempts & the schools you sent your scores to.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 6

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jul 2016
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 6

Re: Uploading unofficial GMAT score report - do's and don'ts [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2017, 07:40
fullns wrote:
Ideal solution: Request official GMAT score to be sent to that school. It took about 1/2 days to register on the applciation as a 'verified' GMAT score. Then you don't have to worry about it!

Assuming you have the time for this :)



Really?? I do have about a week and a half. So if I submit my official score, it wouldn't even be required for me to upload my unofficial scores? That'd be awesome!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 6

Re: Uploading unofficial GMAT score report - do's and don'ts   [#permalink] 08 Sep 2017, 07:40
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Uploading unofficial GMAT score report - do's and don'ts

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: aeropower, OasisGC, bb10



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.