Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 21:14 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Sia Admissions Representative
Affiliations: NYU, Yale
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 67
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: US 2y full time MBA student, no internship, any advise of re-applying? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
finagma001 wrote:
Maybe I should apply for 1y programm or something? Any advise whould be appriciated.
finagma001

It's a tricky place to be in and I'm so sorry that that happened. If you don't mind me asking, what you think the underlying reason for that is? Was it the problem of getting interviews or offers? What's been the feedback about your CV? Do you have some external feedback on your interviewing skills?

It's hard for me to see how additional debt and time out of the workforce will be the ideal move for you. I realize right now you have a big gap coming up and you're freaking out.

What I would advise you to do is take stock of what you want to do job-wise and see if maybe you can do that for free over the summer. The most important thing is for you to gain work experience not necessarily for a specific wage.

Find a way to leverage your summer. Many schools have something like entrepreneurship summer school, there's definitely a way that you could apply your talents for a non-profit, I'm not sure what you were recruiting for but there are worthy parties who could benefit from what you have at this point.

Have you approached all of this with the career services department where you study? Maybe they can provide some ideas and openings, maybe some contacts for people who are in your situation.

I don't mean to put salt on an open wound here but the fact that you're thinking about going to law school indicates to me that you don't have a whole lot of Direction and maybe that is a big part of the problem. Employers want to know that you are getting the exact thing you want when they hire you.

So above all Salvage your summer do something productive so that it isn't a big black spot on your resume and think creatively.

Consider what skills you need to build for that ideal post-mba job and get to work on that for any wage they offer. Given that you don't really have any time to be evaluating choices.

And when you're back in school I would definitely recommend that you get an externship some type of **MBA project** with your ideal employer so that you can gain some skills in your industry of Interest. Definitely talk with MBA Career Services people about that.

If you continue to go about things like I just want any job in the US I just don't think you're going to get any traction with that...the fact that you are making it so open-ended is actually the exact thing that is hurting you. Nobody can really figure out how to help you manifest "whatever job in US."

Sounds like you would benefit from working with a career coach and maybe being coached by second years as well.

Just my personal experience I ran screaming out of law school I hated it started my MBA program directly after my clerkship, and I will say that clerkships are very competitive and there's no guarantees of success with that.

I really don't want to see you spend two more years accumulating debt and have the same thing happen... and if you do get a clerkship, lead to a job you would hate.

For all of these reasons I am on an absolute Evangelistic mission for people to get clear about their goals before stepping into business school when the bill starts accumulating.

Try your very best to Leverage what you have right now where you are.

https://mbaprepcoach.com
GMAT Club Bot
Re: US 2y full time MBA student, no internship, any advise of re-applying? [#permalink]