It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 22:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

USC Marshall Class of 2018: Calling all Admitted Students!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 24

Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User
USC Marshall Class of 2018: Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2016, 17:02
Yea build quality of MAC is so much better.. Great Battery life and light weight makes it very appealing.. I just got a pro over air ast year because of better display, and higher CPU configuration. Air is so light but I am not sure how heavy data analytic programs will perform on it. I would love to check out new surface when it comes in September..
How well windows works on Mac? I will miss the right click all the time ?.. I may check about installing Ubuntu on Mac, but not sure if software will be available for Linux either...

Wow! Santa Ana to USC looks like some drive everyday ?.. But yea you make great point about sticking with I10 or perhaps even I110.. I guess classes start at 8 in morning so it will be driving in morning traffic then.. Returning from school should not be a problem, I guess it will be late and little traffic..?
Many students live either in DTLA or Culver city, so thinking about those areas... Will checkout the Huntington park too..

Thanks,

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: USC Marshall Class of 2018: Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 01:07
Is everyone accepted by MBA? I am accepted by 2016MAcc in USC and I can't find other admitted students. Help me find them lol?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 11:03
Anyone have any idea as to what is the average amount of scholarships awarded by Marshall, and what percentage of their MBA students receive them?

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.22
WE: Engineering (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2016, 11:43
Windows runs great on the Mac, they use the same CPUs as windows laptops so no different than how it would run on a Lenovo or dell. Sometimes I think the superior cooling systems help just not sure about battery life because Mac OS is more optimized for better battery life. From my tests playing video games on both Mac and Windows on the same MacBook, games perform better on Windows so I think that is a good sign of performance. Bootcamp includes the tools for use on Windows and can detect the two finger tap for double click which is my preferred way of double clicking, haven't tried the bottom right corner for it though.

Yeah my situation is different. I own a house here and don't really think I want to deal with the stress of renting it out and then paying for a place closer. Also considering how I didn't get my study habits down until my last year of undergrad, I think it is better to force myself to be on campus, study go to events rather than being able to rush home. Though from my experience, traffic later in the day is actually worse. I avoid the freeways from 4 to 8pm. I also live close to the metrolink so I may do that when schedule permits.

spiceguy wrote:
Yea build quality of MAC is so much better.. Great Battery life and light weight makes it very appealing.. I just got a pro over air ast year because of better display, and higher CPU configuration. Air is so light but I am not sure how heavy data analytic programs will perform on it. I would love to check out new surface when it comes in September..
How well windows works on Mac? I will miss the right click all the time ?.. I may check about installing Ubuntu on Mac, but not sure if software will be available for Linux either...

Wow! Santa Ana to USC looks like some drive everyday ?.. But yea you make great point about sticking with I10 or perhaps even I110.. I guess classes start at 8 in morning so it will be driving in morning traffic then.. Returning from school should not be a problem, I guess it will be late and little traffic..?
Many students live either in DTLA or Culver city, so thinking about those areas... Will checkout the Huntington park too..

Thanks,

Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 11:02
Great.. If software issues come then I will go with Windows on MAC. Thanks for sharing your experience..

I think at least in first year, staying little late on campus to study and participate in events is the way to go..
First year syllabus is tough. Most of the college front load the core in first sem so that students are ready for internship recruiting..
One of the current student told me that it's not abnormal to study till 2 in the morning and the leave for school at 6 am..

Thanks

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 3: 680 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.49
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 11:51
How soon after getting the call did you guys receive your admissions packet in the mail?

Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 12:07
I received it in in about a week from when decision was released in R1.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2016, 10:58
sfmba512 wrote:
How soon after getting the call did you guys receive your admissions packet in the mail?

Mine was mailed out the day after I received the acceptance call, and arrived almost a week later. It's sent via USPS snail mail, so your receipt will depend on your proximity to SoCal. If you're in the general area, you'll get it in a day or two, if you're a long way off, like I am, you're probably looking at a week.

Just a heads-up, there's not much in the admissions "packet." There's a one-page acceptance letter, a short scholarship/fellowship letter (if you receive any), and a scholarship/fellowship questionnaire (again, if you receive any). They don't send any goodies, further program information, link to admitted student portals, etc.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 12:18
Hey Everyone,

Just got in, but I never actually got to visit the campus since I live in Boston (hopefully going from cold --> hot). I would love to hear your thoughts on why one can't live actually closer to the city. Is there just no available space?

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 12:26
Congrats on getting in!

I did my undergrad in Cambridge and can tell you that you will love being able to go outside in a t-shirt in January some days. The truth is that USC is located right next to the downtown area of Los Angeles, across from the Colliseum. It is just expensive. I would say imagine having the school be down the street from the Prudential Center and trying to live around there. If you can wing it, why not? Makes going to school easier. On the plus side being next to DTLA does allow for the school to be really close to a lot of big companies that are doing business in the high rises.

vrn2vw wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Just got in, but I never actually got to visit the campus since I live in Boston (hopefully going from cold --> hot). I would love to hear your thoughts on why one can't live actually closer to the city. Is there just no available space?

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 13:03
Congrats! LA is massive, so there are a lot of places to live. I definitely want to be close to campus, so I will try to live in downtown or in nearby University Park. There's a metro rail line that goes through downtown and drops you off right across from Marshall, so I want to live somewhere near that and not have a car. My LA friends seem to think that is feasible in the Uber/Lyft age.

vrn2vw wrote:
Hey Everyone,

Current Student

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 13:45
ltsocal wrote:
Congrats on getting in!

I did my undergrad in Cambridge and can tell you that you will love being able to go outside in a t-shirt in January some days. The truth is that USC is located right next to the downtown area of Los Angeles, across from the Colliseum. It is just expensive. I would say imagine having the school be down the street from the Prudential Center and trying to live around there. If you can wing it, why not? Makes going to school easier. On the plus side being next to DTLA does allow for the school to be really close to a lot of big companies that are doing business in the high rises.

Thank y'all both for your advice, especially the one that drew parallels to Boston hahaha. If I come to USC, I would definitely want to be like sfmba512 and live somewhere closer to campus since I probably wont have a car. It good to know that there is a metro line that goes right to Marshall so maybe I could just live somewhere right by there in order to mitigate the cost.

Thanks so far for all your advice

Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 17:03
Are you guys planning to Visit Marshall for admit weekend in April? Will the career services workshop be part of the admit weekend?

Thanks

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 17:09
spiceguy wrote:
Are you guys planning to Visit Marshall for admit weekend in April? Will the career services workshop be part of the admit weekend?

Thanks

Definitely going for the Admit weekend, will most likely go to the Career seminar this month to get it done sooner rather than later. As someone who has little business experience, think it might be good to have more time after the seminar to figure out where my career will head.

Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 17:14
Gr8.. see you during admit weekend then.. I am traveling this month so can't attend career workshop this month. I hope it will be there during admit weekend as well. Gr8 to see career services active so early in the process.

Thanks

ltsocal wrote:
spiceguy wrote:

Thanks

Definitely going for the Admit weekend, will most likely go to the Career seminar this month to get it done sooner rather than later. As someone who has little business experience, think it might be good to have more time after the seminar to figure out where my career will head.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 690 Q39 V44
GMAT 2: 680 Q40 V44
WE: Editorial and Writing (Journalism and Publishing)

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 22:50
Hi! Congrats to all admits! Just curious, where are you all finding this information? (Re: Admit Weekend, Career Seminar, etc.) Is it on the Welcome Website? I was accepted in February but am still waiting to receive access to the Welcome Website. Eager for more details about Admit Weekend!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 04:33
ny2la wrote:
Hi! Congrats to all admits! Just curious, where are you all finding this information? (Re: Admit Weekend, Career Seminar, etc.) Is it on the Welcome Website? I was accepted in February but am still waiting to receive access to the Welcome Website. Eager for more details about Admit Weekend!

Like Ny2la mentioned, I too need to stay in the loop and not miss out on any information. Where did you get all this information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2016, 21:14
This post received
KUDOS
I just got another packet in the mail today (different than the admit letter) with a bunch of information on the first semester class breakdown, academic calendar, academic advising, and student clubs. The packet has a save the date for April 29-30 for admit weekend, and it says that the welcome website will be up in the beginning of April. Didn't see anything about the career seminar, but definitely interested in that.

sagar92 wrote:
ny2la wrote:

Like Ny2la mentioned, I too need to stay in the loop and not miss out on any information. Where did you get all this information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 2

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2016, 08:48
This post received
KUDOS
Per a friend who has also been admitted, she just got an e-mail from Marshall and the Welcome website is now live. July 31 is the day that everything gets going in earnest, so mark your calendars accordingly.

i also have received the follow-up packet from MBA Admissions. For the most part it wasn't anything of note, mainly just the academic calendar and a lot of general program literature. There was also a leather keychain, which seemed like a strange addition, but if you're in the market for one of those, you're in luck.

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 2

Current Student

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2016, 03:54
Hey Folks, did anyone attend the career workshop on 26th? How was it? I will appreciate if you could please share some of your experience..

Thanks

Re: USC Marshall Class of 2018: Calling all Admitted Students!!   [#permalink] 06 Apr 2016, 03:54

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 45 posts ]