GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 22 Feb 2020, 02:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Waitlist for INSEAD MBA Sept 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Re: Waitlist for INSEAD MBA Sept 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2019, 07:47
Hi gx08130,

Who is your AO? Still waiting to hear back.
INSEAD School Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Waitlist for INSEAD MBA Sept 2019  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2019, 07:51
apap91 wrote:
Hi gx08130,

Hi apap91,

It seems like Gx08130 received a waitlist offer and not a round 4 offer. Hence, it is highly possible that the timeline might be different for round 4 applicants. Looking at the decision tracker, it looks like admittance calls for round 4 candidates have not really gone out yet so do stay positive!

All the best!

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2019, 09:07
Hideto wrote:
apap91 wrote:
Hi gx08130,

Hi apap91,

It seems like Gx08130 received a waitlist offer and not a round 4 offer. Hence, it is highly possible that the timeline might be different for round 4 applicants. Looking at the decision tracker, it looks like admittance calls for round 4 candidates have not really gone out yet so do stay positive!

All the best!

I see, thank you:) and congrats!
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2019, 02:12
My AO was EM; but seems like her colleagues took over

There was a mistake in my offer email.. I start from Singapore; no seat available for my background in Fonty yet
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.52
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2019, 06:44
I just got off the waitlist today. Cant stop smiling

INSEAD School Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2019, 07:23
ayush1992 wrote:
I just got off the waitlist today. Cant stop smiling

Awesome! Glad you made it out! Looking forward to meeting you!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2019, 04:18
Just got offered a seat in Singapore!
Don’t give up hope, my AO told me they are currently reviewing waitlist every day to fill up the remaining spaces

INSEAD School Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2019, 05:25
Alarin101 wrote:
Just got offered a seat in Singapore!
Don’t give up hope, my AO told me they are currently reviewing waitlist every day to fill up the remaining spaces

Congratulations to you Alarin101! Very happy for you! I am glad to hear that you made it out after such a long and stressful wait. I will PM you the link to the 20J group and will be looking forward to meeting you at INSEAD.

For all waitlisted candidates still waiting to hear back, please do stay positive as there is still a chance that INSEAD will reach out with an offer soon. All the best!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2019, 07:14
Congratulations to all you guys who made it! :)

Just a few questions:
1. Does INSEAD reject waitlisted applicants on a rolling basis? Or is it just the admits (positive decision) that are given out on a rolling basis? -

Because I have been on the WL since R1 of Sep 2019 intake (thats 7 months now) and I am not sure how to take this anymore. Kinda funny. It'll be an absolute miracle if something does turn up now. Not to mention how crazy it'll be for me prepare to make the move for the program within the next 2 months..

2. A reapplication seems to be the next best option because INSEAD is my dream school. I understand that a completely new application will be required. Does that mean I need completely different content on all the 7 essays???? Does INSEAD provide any feedback?

Would be grateful if you guys could share your thoughts on this.
INSEAD School Moderator
V
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 21 Jun 2019, 23:01
Santaborg

Have you put together a strong update letter on how you have developed in the areas of the 4 criteria? If not that is a good opportunity to get off the waitlist.
Of course it is going to be a better update letter if you have some new developments but you can define leadership and contribution fairly widely…any interesting work projects? More international exposure?

As far as reapplying, I am so sorry but it is very unlikely that you will get through so soon if you didn’t this time. All the more reason to try to convert.

INSEAD is not the most applicant friendly school; they kind of figured they gave you 7 essays, 5 rec questions a CV, video interview….you had every opportunity. So applying before there is a significant change or significant growth in the 4 criteria is a bit insulting, it is like saying adcom made an error.

I would try the update letter strategy and if not, focus your efforts on other programs like LBS, IESE, HEC. In terms of effort, yes, you would have to rewrite all 7 essays completely to have a chance of success; that said, switching your goals will be a red flag, do not do that.

In my opinion, the time and effort to redo all that work (when it may not receive unbiased consideration) could be better spent applying to almost all 3 of the schools I just mentioned. Maximize your exposure and your chances for a top admit.

Santaborg wrote:
Congratulations to all you guys who made it! :)

Just a few questions:
1. Does INSEAD reject waitlisted applicants on a rolling basis? Or is it just the admits (positive decision) that are given out on a rolling basis? -

Because I have been on the WL since R1 of Sep 2019 intake (thats 7 months now) and I am not sure how to take this anymore. Kinda funny. It'll be an absolute miracle if something does turn up now. Not to mention how crazy it'll be for me prepare to make the move for the program within the next 2 months..

2. A reapplication seems to be the next best option because INSEAD is my dream school. I understand that a completely new application will be required. Does that mean I need completely different content on all the 7 essays???? Does INSEAD provide any feedback?

Would be grateful if you guys could share your thoughts on this.

Waitlist for INSEAD MBA Sept 2019   [#permalink] 21 Jun 2019, 23:01

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 70 posts ] 

Waitlist for INSEAD MBA Sept 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, Hideto