Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:22 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q41 V50
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: CBS '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Wharton 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
madknife wrote:
MrAlpaca wrote:
@madknife chill with the negativity! They said November 9. Give them until then.

Maybe they are just so impressed they are trying to decide if they should admit you without an interview ;)!

haha
realism is often confused with pessimism
in any case, i wish you and everyone else the best of luck tomorrow! just updated my statistical model and i think ~10 people on this forum should be getting invites tomorrow. let me know if i'm right or not!

No. I calculate around 50 in our pool of 200 coming in tomorrow.

Wharton accepts 40% of interviewees. Implying that they interview 1200/.4=3000 or half the people that apply. We have 200 of us who submitted in round 1 and 50 have heard/updated their profile. Also, this assumes that we are an average distribution of candidates... we aren't. The people in this forum are probably the top candidates (GMAT average is well above general Wharton average) so more than 50 tomorrow would not shock me.

Not sure of your model or math... You may be a statistician so maybe I should listen to you but I figure I'm probably decent with numbers as well...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MrAlpaca wrote:
madknife wrote:
MrAlpaca wrote:
@madknife chill with the negativity! They said November 9. Give them until then.

Maybe they are just so impressed they are trying to decide if they should admit you without an interview ;)!

haha
in any case, i wish you and everyone else the best of luck tomorrow! just updated my statistical model and i think ~10 people on this forum should be getting invites tomorrow. let me know if i'm right or not!

Wharton accepts 40% of interviewees. Implying that they interview 1200/.4=3000 or half the people that apply. We have 200 of us who submitted in round 1 and 50 have heard/updated their profile. Also, this assumes that we are an average distribution of candidates... we aren't. The people in this forum are probably the top candidates (GMAT average is well above general Wharton average) so more than 50 tomorrow would not shock me.

Not sure of your model or math... You may be a statistician so maybe I should listen to you but I figure I'm probably decent with numbers as well...

not that either of us can claim to know what we are talking about... but just to kill time and have some fun while we wait...
1) i adjusted for the % of international applicants (we have 66% here vs. 32% avg as per original post)
2) since we are still in the shadow of the election... i'm gonna fact check your gmat claim... as per OP, it appears that we have slightly higher average gmat, the same 80% gmat range, but slightly lower gpa... so it's all awash for me...
3) this is completely subjective and neither of us will be able to convince the other, but i really don't think the "top" applicants need to be on this forum... :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
haha
in any case, i wish you and everyone else the best of luck tomorrow! just updated my statistical model and i think ~10 people on this forum should be getting invites tomorrow. let me know if i'm right or not![/quote]

Not sure of your model or math... You may be a statistician so maybe I should listen to you but I figure I'm probably decent with numbers as well...[/quote]

not that either of us can claim to know what we are talking about... but just to kill time and have some fun while we wait...
1) i adjusted for the % of international applicants (we have 66% here vs. 32% avg as per original post)
2) since we are still in the shadow of the election... i'm gonna fact check your gmat claim... as per OP, it appears that we have slightly higher average gmat, the same 80% gmat range, but slightly lower gpa... so it's all awash for me...
3) this is completely subjective and neither of us will be able to convince the other, but i really don't think the "top" applicants need to be on this forum... :)[/quote]

Top applicants are probably top applicants because they are neurotic... people like us (otherwise stated, people in this forum!).

We know nothing, but rather than wallow in my own filth and depression for the next 24 hours, I am going to do anything and everything I can to keep my life going forward. And hey, when numbers skew your way, you're gonna grab on to that!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MrAlpaca wrote:
We know nothing, but rather than wallow in my own filth and depression for the next 24 hours, I am going to do anything and everything I can to keep my life going forward. And hey, when numbers skew your way, you're gonna grab on to that!!

Yep. Can't disagree with that.
Good Luck and Have Fun.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Lets all hope for the best tomorrow!

Just one quick fact (fact?!?!) for those still awake: If you take a look at the forum stats for Chicago Booth, 40% (forty!) of the applicants updated their status to invited to interview. If you look at Wharton, on the other hand, 26% have the same status. I was wondering reasons for the difference between the schools and the one that I like the most is that there is still one wave of invites to go out for wharton!

Thinking about it, I think I can sleep a little better. good luck to you all!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fcbr2015 wrote:
Lets all hope for the best tomorrow!

Just one quick fact (fact?!?!) for those still awake: If you take a look at the forum stats for Chicago Booth, 40% (forty!) of the applicants updated their status to invited to interview. If you look at Wharton, on the other hand, 26% have the same status. I was wondering reasons for the difference between the schools and the one that I like the most is that there is still one wave of invites to go out for wharton!

Thinking about it, I think I can sleep a little better. good luck to you all!

yep. actually, if you look at the wharton thread from last year, 46% of applicants on this forum were interviewed! (that said, the same thread also indicated that 143% of applicants were internationals... so don't know if we should trust it that much) so unless something went horribly wrong this year, there should be more coming tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
are you guys 100% sure tomorrow is the last day for getting an invitation?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Asset Management (Venture Capital)
Send PM
theac wrote:
are you guys 100% sure tomorrow is the last day for getting an invitation?

never be 100% sure about anything
Intern
Intern
Send PM
so was Nov 9th mentioned anywhere officially as the last day?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
theac wrote:
so was Nov 9th mentioned anywhere officially as the last day?

Yes they said you will find out by November 9 either way. October 8 they sent out an email detailing it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
But they did not mention any deadlines for interviews in that mail right? Was it mentioned in a chat session?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare
WE:Analyst (Health Care)
Send PM
theac wrote:
But they did not mention any deadlines for interviews in that mail right? Was it mentioned in a chat session?

From the email: "The Admissions Committee will release interview invitations between Tuesday, October 23rd and Friday, November 9th. Due to the nature and complexity associated with the admissions process there is no particular order in which invitations are released. Also on November 9th, the Committee will release all final admissions decisions to candidates that are not being invited for an interview and therefore no longer being considered for admission."
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V42
Send PM
What's everyone's post ding plan? Mine is to get drunk tonight at my boss's house at the party she is throwing, but not drunk enough to blame her and say you submitted a **** recommendation for me :)

Next week is ironically the festival of lights in india - Diwali. I will have to pretend I am happy about how the year is going. ****!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.15
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
str1der wrote:
What's everyone's post ding plan? Mine is to get drunk tonight at my boss's house at the party she is throwing, but not drunk enough to blame her and say you submitted a **** recommendation for me :)

Next week is ironically the festival of lights in india - Diwali. I will have to pretend I am happy about how the year is going. ****!

I will go Party tonight :-) and drink Wodka till I pass by LOL :-))), the hell what happens :-0
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (II)
Send PM
Still...Complete- Round 1
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
Good luck to everyone awaiting decisions today!! I have my fingers (and toes) crossed for you guys!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Third ding of the application cycle and still waiting to hear from Yale and Tuck, this is proving to be a disaster.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26   27   28  ...  81   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts