GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 13:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

What are your views on my profile for HBS 2+2??

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 670 Q51 V28
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
What are your views on my profile for HBS 2+2??  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 04:38
Dear All,

I am a Final year student from a new 2nd tier institute and I am a student of its first batch. CPI = 8.18/10
GMAT Score 1 : 670 Q51 V28 AWA 5.5 IR7
GMAT Score 2 : 710 Q49 V36 AWA 5.5 IR8 (RECENT)

4th Yr Winter Internship at Office of a Member of Parliament (Upper House) for 4 weeks
3rd Yr Summer Internship at NITI Aayog- a Govt of India think-tank chaired by the Prime Minister of India for 8-9 weeks
2nd Yr Summer Internship at Bosch Rexroth India - 4 weeks - ended up with a 6 month long Industry - Academia Collaborative Project completely sponsored by the company

1 conference paper from Industry-Academia Project which is published in Elsevier Journal

1 India Patent on a system for improving the efficiency of Public Transport Systems.

1 Project on Solar Electric Car, which was envisioned by me and Founded by me. (Renewable & Green)
1 Project on High Altitude Wind Power. (Renewable & Green)

BIT OF MY BACKGROUND: I don't come from a financially very well-off family. I am from a tier-2 city in India. I was not privileged to get into the most reputed schools in India.

Foreign Language: Espanol (Elementary Proficiency)
Initiatives: Founded and Led Solar Electric Car Team.

Future Goals: I want to venture into the field of Renewable Energy.

I am applying this year in Round-3 for HBS 2+2 Program this year. What are your views??
Personal MBA Coach Founder
P
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Re: What are your views on my profile for HBS 2+2??  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2018, 15:04
RatnamShah wrote:
Dear All,

I am a Final year student from a new 2nd tier institute and I am a student of its first batch. CPI = 8.18/10
GMAT Score 1 : 670 Q51 V28 AWA 5.5 IR7
GMAT Score 2 : 710 Q49 V36 AWA 5.5 IR8 (RECENT)

4th Yr Winter Internship at Office of a Member of Parliament (Upper House) for 4 weeks
3rd Yr Summer Internship at NITI Aayog- a Govt of India think-tank chaired by the Prime Minister of India for 8-9 weeks
2nd Yr Summer Internship at Bosch Rexroth India - 4 weeks - ended up with a 6 month long Industry - Academia Collaborative Project completely sponsored by the company

1 conference paper from Industry-Academia Project which is published in Elsevier Journal

1 India Patent on a system for improving the efficiency of Public Transport Systems.

1 Project on Solar Electric Car, which was envisioned by me and Founded by me. (Renewable & Green)
1 Project on High Altitude Wind Power. (Renewable & Green)

BIT OF MY BACKGROUND: I don't come from a financially very well-off family. I am from a tier-2 city in India. I was not privileged to get into the most reputed schools in India.

Foreign Language: Espanol (Elementary Proficiency)
Initiatives: Founded and Led Solar Electric Car Team.

Future Goals: I want to venture into the field of Renewable Energy.

I am applying this year in Round-3 for HBS 2+2 Program this year. What are your views??

Thank you for your detailed post. While being one of the first students to graduate from the school certainly provides you with leadership opportunities, overall you would see some challenges applying to 2+2. The number of applicants from India who get into 2+2 is low and they tend to have higher GMAT scores. There isn't a ton of time, but if you want to maximize your chances, I would suggest trying to bump up the score.

Good luck!

Best,
Scott

Personal MBA Coach
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting
scott@personalmbacoach.com | +1 617 645 2424
http://www.personalmbacoach.com | http://www.personalmbacoach.com/blog

Ivy Groupe Admissions Consulting Representative
S
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Harvard Business School graduate and MBA admissions expert
Affiliations: Harvard, Princeton

Show Tags

New post 24 Mar 2018, 07:19
Hi Ratnam,

As an Indian male applicant, your GMAT score is on the low side (you really want to be aiming for a 740+ given your demographic). However, if you will be applying, make sure to stress in your application how you have demonstrated leadership in your endeavors - that will be really important.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Shaifali

Ivy Groupe, Founder/CEO
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting

Blog: https://www.ivygroupe.com/blog
Email: info@ivygroupe.com
Phone: 646.801.5190

Click here for GMAT Club Reviews!

Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2018, 19:33
Thanks so much for sharing your profile. Really good to hear how you have overcome some difficult circumstances. Although you have a nice profile, your GMAT, academic pedigree, and really challenging demographic will make it tough for you to break through. Your GMAT at this point is one of the few things you can control (outside of putting together a strong application), so if you think you can improve on this area I would recommend going for it.

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

GMAT Club Bot
Re: What are your views on my profile for HBS 2+2?? &nbs [#permalink] 27 Mar 2018, 19:33

What are your views on my profile for HBS 2+2??

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap