GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Dec 2019, 10:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

When do schools let you know needs based / merit scholarships?

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Find Similar Topics 
Intern
Intern
B
When do schools let you know needs based / merit scholarships?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2019, 02:55
A little bit ahead of myself given programs I've applied for don't release decisions for another month, but I was wondering when applicants find out whether they have been awarded any needs based / merit scholarships? Is this typically when you receive your offer, or later on?
SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: When do schools let you know needs based / merit scholarships?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2019, 16:23
strawberryjelly wrote:
A little bit ahead of myself given programs I've applied for don't release decisions for another month, but I was wondering when applicants find out whether they have been awarded any needs based / merit scholarships? Is this typically when you receive your offer, or later on?

1- Many schools announce the amount in scholarship in the acceptance or attached scholarship letter to it.

2- Some schools announce it after the release of scholarship . Say 1-2 weeks later, if any,

2- An odd situation (never seen like Kelley) They inform you with acceptance but leave id any scholarship, to be sent in the package in MAIL not email. So it is a surprise. :facepalm:

good luck
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: When do schools let you know needs based / merit scholarships?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2019, 18:23
Most programs will inform you about the financial aid or any kind of scholarship within a few days of admission. Sometimes that information comes out around the same time and sometimes it takes a little while but usually it will not be together.

Some small number of scholarships are only available to enrolled students which is a catch 22 situation and I would not count on it.

Posted from my mobile device
Re: When do schools let you know needs based / merit scholarships?   [#permalink] 21 Nov 2019, 18:23

When do schools let you know needs based / merit scholarships?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, teleste