Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:01 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72858 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Re: Win a School Visit of Your Dreams - Register Here [#permalink]
bb wrote:
I may have to run the first prize multiple times and see whose name comes up twice first so that the most deserving member gets it....

Not feeling very comfortable leaving it to a chance....

Absolutely BB !
The most deserving person should win the 1st prize. And the Person who deserves it the most is none other than Bunuel. We-GMATCLubers owe a LOT to him !

Congratulations Gurpreet and brainhurt on winning the Ipad :D

I wish we have events such as this one more often on this club :-D
I am really happy for GMATCLUB...Yaaaaayaayyyyy!!!

:woohoo
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
GMAT 1: 540 Q47 V19
GMAT 2: 610 Q46 V28
GPA: 3.86
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
The only reson for bunel to decline iPad is having one already. And gurpreet missed a trip of life.(n chance to meet air-hostess) ;-) :-D
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
PranavChamp wrote:
The only reson for bunel to decline iPad is having one already. And gurpreet missed a trip of life.(n chance to meet air-hostess) ;-) :-D

You do fly in the clouds up there but those relationships and smiles disappear just as fast
I don't think it is where Gurpreet should be looking for companionship ;)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management and Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton,Insead,LBS,IMD,Kellog,Haas,Duke
Send PM
congrats gurpreet and brainhurt....:)

Hope bunnel is the one accepting first prize :P
Manager
Manager
Send PM
i think BUNEL is undisputed winner!!! He has done so much for quant on GC.

Originally posted by PranavChamp on 11 Oct 2010, 22:31.
Last edited by PranavChamp on 11 Oct 2010, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 759 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
Congrats gurpreet and brainhurt!

Gurpreet you will miss air-hostess :)
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3593 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
haha Thanks guys...I agree I will miss air-hostess...but as BB has pointed out I don't want for some time, it will UN-necessary distract from my ultimate goal - MBA. :-D I might end up earning post graduation in other profession..

I agree with BB regarding multiple draws. The prize is big and the best person should win.

Even if he rejects the first prize, he is the ultimate winner of the competition.
I wish him good luck not only for today's draw but also for the future.

:-D bunuel you are in the wrong profession. You should seriously consider legal gambling.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
so what're you planning to do with your iPad?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy,IT management
 Q0  V0 GMAT 2: 0  Q0  V0 GMAT 3: 0  Q0  V0
Send PM
bb wrote:
I may have to run the first prize multiple times and see whose name comes up twice first so that the most deserving member gets it....

Not feeling very comfortable leaving it to a chance....

[highlight]GMAT Club reserves full rights for any reason to make determinations on winner, switch prizes or cancel for any reason[/highlight]..BB will be using 14th law of game today... :wink:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
I don't agree with changing the rules one day before the final draw.

I totally support the idea that Bunuel deserves the biggest price thanks to his contribution, but manipulating a draw to give him the price I think it is going too far. It should have been something to decide at the beginning. I will be crap if the winner is a new member with 1 kudo and 1 post, but well... the rules are clear, and a draw is a draw, everything can happen.

I'm sure there are plenty of people that have won something without contributing anything, do you plan to review all the winners?. Or perhaps others have declined prices thinking in their chances to win the 1st price, and now is going to be assigned.

I'd suggest to create a consolation price for him in case he doesn't win the trip.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 749 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
rid82 wrote:
I don't agree with changing the rules one day before the final draw.

I totally support the idea that Bunuel deserves the biggest price thanks to his contribution, but manipulating a draw to give him the price I think it is going too far. It should have been something to decide at the beginning. I will be crap if the winner is a new member with 1 kudo and 1 post, but well... the rules are clear, and a draw is a draw, everything can happen.

I'm sure there are plenty of people that have won something without contributing anything, do you plan to review all the winners?. Or perhaps others have declined prices thinking in their chances to win the 1st price, and now is going to be assigned.

I'd suggest to create a consolation price for him in case he doesn't win the trip.

I agree with rid, I only declined my prize (the grammar book & GMAT club tests) thinking I have a chance at the big one. Bunuel does deserve some kind of a prize, though he declined a few (much better) himself, probably for the same reasons as I declined mine.
Anyhow whatever the decision will be I wish all the luck for all GMAT club members still in the draw..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.11
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Congrats to gurpreet & brainhurt!! I had an eye on that one... :P

Even I agree with rid. Though even I would like Bunuel to win but not like this. Even I declined 9th and 10th prize hoping for better ones. Sadly I have not even made it to waiting list of any other prizes but that doesn't mean I don't hope for 1st prize.

Though the final decision is yours BB, I feel you should stick with the same process of lottery as you have been doing for other prizes.
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3593 [0]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
piyushagarwal wrote:

Even I agree with rid. Though even I would like Bunuel to win but not like this. Even I declined 9th and 10th prize hoping for better ones. Sadly I have not even made it to waiting list of any other prizes but that doesn't mean I don't hope for 1st prize.

Though the final decision is yours BB, I feel you should stick with the same process of lottery as you have been doing for other prizes.

I agree with you and rid, but you guys misunderstood BB's comment. Since the prize is huge just one draw should not decide the owner and multiple draws should be done - the person securing the place twice wins the game.
This way the credibility of the game will not be harmed. You never know Bunuel might decline this prize as well.

Just FYI the Ipad winner of the other competition had just one post , which was posted to apply for the competition. The game will be fair in every competition.

Let the luckiest guy win the life-time opportunity.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy,IT management
 Q0  V0 GMAT 2: 0  Q0  V0 GMAT 3: 0  Q0  V0
Send PM
gurpreetsingh wrote:
piyushagarwal wrote:

I agree with you and rid, but you guys misunderstood BB's comment. Since the prize is huge just one draw should not decide the owner and multiple draws should be done - the person securing the place twice wins the game.
This way the credibility of the game will not be harmed. You never know Bunuel might decline this prize as well.

Just FYI the Ipad winner of the other competition had just one post , which was posted to apply for the competition. The game will be fair in every competition.

Let the luckiest guy win the life-time opportunity.

we all know BB will do whatever he thinks good for this 100K members celebration...but this drawing twice will be unfair.....

the tagline for today's prize say either randomly or to Bunuel...which clears most of the things .. :!:
Gurpreet i disagree with you for few things if BB had done the Draw twice for Ipad i dont think that person with one post would have got Ipad(the other most deserving forum members should have been considered if this is going to be the today's case)..also the same things applies in Ur Ipad case too ..If the things were repeated twice i think ur waitlist chances would have increased considering previous 3 draws results ....:) no offence please bro..

The other forum members may have refused the earlier prizes to come up for this prize.....so it is discouraging for them completely as rid and all saying..Some regret they could have sell the Prizes of Various prep companies.......
BB should have cleared the things at the time of 10th draw that the first prize is fixed for most deserving member in the forum and its not part of 100K members giveaway......

if the repetition of draw is done till the time person names come twice Its obvious a person with highest number of counts will come up winning first with name repeated twice...
I think BB should be Fair with all other forum members considering the previous 9 draws and other Ipad results..

[highlight]Also these are celebration prizes coz we have 100K members in forum as per LOGO and not just coz of few Members...[/highlight]
BB has already applied his rule that members with more than 1 year of joining can post as many posts as they want so now he should leave the things for first Draw result only..otherwise its like keep giving advantage to few people in the club unless their name comes in draw, although club is celebrating 100K memberships Prizes giveaway.....

rest as the Rule says GMATCLUB has all the rights.....
Thanx
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 427 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: UNC (Kenan-Flagler) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
yeah bunuel already has the highest chance to win. If someone with 1 post wins then so be it - people reject prizes to get better ones and if they lose then it's their fault. I wouldve personally picked up ipad if i had the chance but bunuel certainly feels he is riding high so we will see noon today. But at the end of the day what bb does no one will know. And for the drawing twice to get winner suggestion - it totally kills the "luck" factor for a lot of the members since only a couple even have a remote chance of getting drawn twice before someone else (bunuel) does.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
lnarayanan wrote:
Plz count me in..

:) nice joke, I would give you a kudos!

BB, or guys I have been Un-waitlisted for the 7th prize, but I declined the 10th prize. I also won the 6th prize, but I have declined it. 7th prize was drawn before 6th's.

Why I have been Un-waitlisted for 7th prize? I would take it! :roll:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 672 [0]
Given Kudos: 50
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
Schools:ISB, Tepper - CMU, Chicago Booth, LSB
Send PM
shaselai wrote:
lnarayanan wrote:
Plz count me in..

are you kidding me????

:lol: :lol:

@ bb -- Please lock this after end-of-day today or tomorrow.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39  ...  43