GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Feb 2019, 07:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in February
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Free GMAT Prep Hour

February 20, 2019

February 20, 2019

08:00 PM EST

09:00 PM EST

Strategies and techniques for approaching featured GMAT topics. Wednesday, February 20th at 8 PM EST
  • Online GMAT boot camp for FREE

February 21, 2019

February 21, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Kick off your 2019 GMAT prep with a free 7-day boot camp that includes free online lessons, webinars, and a full GMAT course access. Limited for the first 99 registrants! Feb. 21st until the 27th.

Women's grassroots activism and their vision of a new civic consciousn

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

RC Moderator
D
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GMAT 2: 540 Q49 V16
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Women's grassroots activism and their vision of a new civic consciousn  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 18:23
Hello Probus may I indulge myself to share my view with your permission :-)

To me the prior sentence is : 'Ironically, though, child labor legislation pitted women of different classes against one another ' - this is the assertion made by the author of the piece.

Now one class of women ( presumably , white middle-class women reformers ) think that : child labor and industrial home work were equally inhumane practices that should be outlawed

And the other class of women , working class women, (as recently observed by the women historians) do not share the aforementioned view.

Thus, the highlighted part (women historians have recently observed) is proving and/or supporting the point that two classes of women shared different view.

Hope this helps!!

Please let me know if I am going in wrong direction.
Thanks in appreciation.

SC Moderator
V
Re: Women's grassroots activism and their vision of a new civic consciousn  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 19:18
Probus - First, right POE bring you to the the right choice this means you are doing right things. kudos to that. Regarding your doubt, You have missed one simple thing. choice A is talking about "the preceding sentence", while you have not mentioned it. look at the situation this way.

Add this part to explanation , try to make its connection with rest, Hope you will get the explanation on your own.

Quote:
child labor legislation pitted women of different classes against one another.

Thanks!
Do give some kudos.

Simple strategy:
“Once you’ve eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

Want to improve your Score:
GMAT Ninja YouTube! Series 1| GMAT Ninja YouTube! Series 2 | How to Improve GMAT Quant from Q49 to a Perfect Q51

My Notes:
Reading comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Absolute Phrases | Subjunctive Mood

SC Moderator
V
Re: Women's grassroots activism and their vision of a new civic consciousn  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 19:21
An in the mean time , my good friend u1983 nailed it. Thank you my friend. P.S. I have not seen your comment. :)

Thanks!
Do give some kudos.

Simple strategy:
“Once you’ve eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

Want to improve your Score:
GMAT Ninja YouTube! Series 1| GMAT Ninja YouTube! Series 2 | How to Improve GMAT Quant from Q49 to a Perfect Q51

My Notes:
Reading comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Absolute Phrases | Subjunctive Mood

RC Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2018, 21:53
aragonn wrote:
An in the mean time , my good friend u1983 nailed it. Thank you my friend. P.S. I have not seen your comment. :)

Thanks a bunch aragonn it’s all good. Trying to check if I am thinking right ?

Thanks in appreciation.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Economics, Operations

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2019, 21:22
I could not understand the solution of question 3. How can it provide assertion of preceding sentence because preceding sentence . I think it is not supporting it is just explaining the preceding sentence .
Please correct if i am wrong.
RC Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2019, 13:36
Piggu18 wrote:
I could not understand the solution of question 3. How can it provide assertion of preceding sentence because preceding sentence . I think it is not supporting it is just explaining the preceding sentence .
Please correct if i am wrong.

Hello Piggu18 ....... I tried my explanation for this Q3 earlier. I am not sure if you have missed that ( if not .. then the below would be a reiteration)

Below is my take :

To me the prior sentence is : 'Ironically, though, child labor legislation pitted women of different classes against one another ' - this is the assertion made by the author of the piece.

Now one class of women ( presumably , white middle-class women reformers ) think that : child labor and industrial home work were equally inhumane practices that should be outlawed

And the other class of women , working class women, (as recently observed by the women historians) do not share the aforementioned view.

Thus, the highlighted part (women historians have recently observed) is proving and/or supporting the point that two classes of women shared different view.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks in appreciation.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Economics, Operations

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2019, 16:31
u1983, Thanks for clear Explanation.
I have not seen your post earlier.
RC Moderator
D

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2019, 17:24
Piggu18 wrote:
u1983, Thanks for clear Explanation.
I have not seen your post earlier.

No Problem...... U r wc.
Just make it a habit to go through the earlier discussion ..... some of them are not only good, but also provides wide perspectives . Very essential in GMAT ....... its all about how well and/or one can reason/analyze (eka think).

:-) All the best.

Thanks in appreciation.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Women's grassroots activism and their vision of a new civic consciousn   [#permalink] 27 Jan 2019, 17:24

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 28 posts ] 

Women's grassroots activism and their vision of a new civic consciousn

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap